• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Southwest summer 2018 open

Just got PHL to MCO non-stop for $100.00 each way in July. I'm happy with that! AA wanted $155.00 each way plus luggage fees. There seemed to be more non-stop flights to choose from this time. :)

Just got PHL to MCO non-stop for $100.00 each way in July. I'm happy with that! AA wanted $155.00 each way plus luggage fees. There seemed to be more non-stop flights to choose from this time. :)

Wow! Great price. My PHL-MCO was $156 each way.

Hi. I need August 11 and August 19. I was disappointed I couldn't book August 11 today. Does anyone know when
I should expect to see rest of August open up? Thank you so much!

Hi. I need August 11 and August 19. I was disappointed I couldn't book August 11 today. Does anyone know when
I should expect to see rest of August open up? Thank you so much!

I was hoping to book Aug. 10th, but they recently changed the end of this schedule from Aug. 12th to Aug 6th. Their website now says:

"We are currently accepting air reservations through August 6, 2018. On February 8, 2018 we will open our schedule for sale through September 28, 2018. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently."

I was hoping to book Aug. 10th, but they recently changed the end of this schedule from Aug. 12th to Aug 6th. Their website now says:

"We are currently accepting air reservations through August 6, 2018. On February 8, 2018 we will open our schedule for sale through September 28, 2018. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently."

Thank you very much! I have never booked air this far out, I always book with the legacy carriers as soon as flights open but booked my cruise
just last month or so and flights for August 11 and August 19 had already been out and are high.

I got Columbus Oh to Orlando for the same prices. Cheaper than I have gotten them in a long time. Wasn’t planning to buy today until I saw that!

I went back on southwest.com to check on prices for my parents for June. Now it won't allow me to pick any date in the summer. Very strange!

Wow, I just tried too and same thing. I wonder if they made a mistake and it should have been as originally posted on their site, August 12.
For those that booked early in August, are your flights still showing if you want to view your booked flights?

AND now it has reverted to June 5. I booked this morning, PHL to MCO, and wanted to review it and nope, it is down.

PS I got $100 one way, $156 the other. EWR was higher for me, so PHL it is. PHL is SO much nicer than EWR Terminal A.

Same thing happened to me. The flights were there and now they show through June 5. I called Southwest and the agent said they received an email stating the tech department is aware of the problem. Her advice was to just keep checking. Frustrating!

I had a glitch when they came up this morning. I had enough points for one way and I tried to book it on my iPad. It got all the way to the last screen and errored. No confirmation showing. OK, I'll try again. Couldn't, they already took the points out of my account and they didn't go back in! Wait time 65 minutes! So I called when I got to work, the customer service rep was able to recredit my points and book my reservation. I then booked the other way cash. Both reservations are still showing.

This is posted on the Fight Schedule page on Southwest.

We are currently accepting air reservations through June 5, 2018. Please check back frequently for the next opening of our schedule.

Earlier this morning it said it was through August 6 (can't remember the specific date) and that the next batch would come out in February.

I just checked and the flights we booked for mid June are still in our account. I wonder why they pulled the summer dates?

Seeing the same thing, I was able to book this morning for our late June trip with points and now cannot see past June 5th. I can still see our reservations and saw my cc was charged for the fees. Hoping they stick or the flight times do not change, etc...

I booked PHL - MCO for mid/late June this am. $120 each way. Didn't seem like many options for direct flights. We are flying down@ 5:50am and flying home at 11:15pm!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter