Southwest just released October fares, beware, they are not pretty

Jillpie

Can you package some Main St. music and send it to
From PVD to MCO, they are very high. I grabbed $173.00 one way, that was their starting point at 7:00 am. Thats the highest they've been in the last 3 years for me. Good luck if you're going in Oct!

Going in September and yes....prices aren't great.

Which is what we expected when the release was pushed out from March 3 to March 30th.

Nashville to Orlando is $141, which Nashville usually has some relatively reasonable rates to Florida destinations, simply for the reason of it being a shorter flight.....well, not today.

Usually I can get RDU-MCO for around $80-100 each way, today the lowest is $141. Yikes.

I went ahead and booked them on Anytime fares so I can cancel if I find something cheaper.

Prices are up. I'm paying $52 bucks more round trip per person than what we had booked in January. What I was really disappointed in is that they seem to have abandoned the mid day non stop from Pittsburgh. So now I have an EARLY morning flight and a late afternoon return flight. Not ideal....but we will work with it.

I usually fly nonstop from ORF for around $100. There aren’t any weekday nonstop flights anymore and prices start at $150 with stops. So disappointing.

Prices are up. I'm paying $52 bucks more round trip per person than what we had booked in January. What I was really disappointed in is that they seem to have abandoned the mid day non stop from Pittsburgh. So now I have an EARLY morning flight and a late afternoon return flight. Not ideal....but we will work with it.

We are looking at appx 80-120 more round trip on our end, on what we would typically consider normal pricing. But, compared to our "great deal" pricing that we sometimes see, it's more like $150 more round trip.

This happened to me too. I'm having to fly to MCO at 5:45am. Usually there is a 1:00pm option non-stop but it's gone.

Weekdays before OCT 15th, 2022 there are NO non-stops from Mco to PHL. I hope things get better.
Sorry I meant PHL to MCO

Last edited:
Ugh. I just checked MDW/ORD/MKE -> MCO in September and those prices are UGLY!

you guys are so lucky. I usually fry out of Detroit or Chicago, and the cheapest non-stop flight (not SW) is $380 per person

It's very frustrating how much more I am paying in airfare this year. Over $200 each way LAS to MCO. Same price for LAS to Chicago, too. Way higher than ever before.

I expected worse. We're at $716.00 for two, round trip, including tax and fees, from Chicago MDW to MCO.

Those are day one availability fares for these flights. Fares will likely only go up from here.

Our flights were higher than in previous years but still within range of what we were expecting. I certainly didn't want to hold off and see them go higher with fuel prices what they are already. We are also traveling with a large group so I didn't want to wait and have trouble getting everyone on our preferred flights

From PVD to MCO, they are very high. I grabbed $173.00 one way, that was their starting point at 7:00 am. Thats the highest they've been in the last 3 years for me. Good luck if you're going in Oct!
Yep. Just booked and its about $400 round trip. I hope they don't add gasoline surcharges to what we have already paid ,come the Fall.

Same for us. ALB to MCO $173 (got on as soon as they released), it was also the cheapest and only one-way flights for our days. Not as bad as I was expecting but more then previous years, that's for sure.

Out of last seven flights I booked, only 3 were on Southwest. Three more on Jetblue and one on United.
Never booked JetBlue or United before but they were better than Southwest for me.

we flew SW from PVD in 2016. there were lots of non stops every day, now hardly any. Fares are rising everywhere, but the lack of non stops is disappointing.

Ended up booking Jet Blue non stop out of Boston ( we are in MA) for $240 rt for our April trip.

Weekdays before OCT 15th, 2022 there are NO non-stops from Mco to PHL. I hope things get better.
Sorry I meant PHL to MCO
I’m shocked by this! I just went to look for my September flights and literally zero nonstop flights to/from PHL. There are a few on Saturdays but those aren’t my travel days. I have vouchers that I think might expire because there is no chance I’m booking a layover.

Does SW ever add flights after they release them?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter