Southwest Early Bird Checkin

That's how I'm reading it. SWA will check in for you. You can go in at the 24hour mark and print your boarding passes, or wait until you get to the airport, but you won't have to worry about beating everybody else to the punch to get an "A."

Only since I am flying in and out of Orlando do I think that is OK (and I am normally anti fee ;)) Not sure I would do it for other airports though...

When does it start??

Only since I am flying in and out of Orlando do I think that is OK (and I am normally anti fee ;)) Not sure I would do it for other airports though...

When does it start??

Today! I signed up for my Baltimore flights. They certainly made it very easy to take my money. :rolleyes:

Today! I signed up for my Baltimore flights. They certainly made it very easy to take my money. :rolleyes:

I mean when does it go into effect, tomorrow's flights??

I just added it for our December flights... I am looking forward to NOT getting up at 6am the day before we leave and I am sure my dad will be happy to hear he doesn't need to check us in again this year for the return flight :rotfl:

Human nature... whenever a change occurs which results in the raising or the initiation of fees or fares, someome figures a way to get around it... as much as they are able.

I AGREE! I admit I thought about it myself for a minute...then pictured dh boarding early, alone, w/ a carry-on and trying to save 3 add'l seats! :rolleyes1 He would be totally stressed!! :scared1: I then picture at some point someone saying "foget it, I'm sitting here" and messing it all up.:mad: And THEN what??? DH fights for something he shouldn't really be saving? (I mean that verbally folks) or does he give up, look around and realize, dang, now there's nothing near here for us to be together! So he starts moving back in the plane trying to find 4 seats together:eek: just at the time I'm boarding w/ the kids. Can you just see the exchange between us? :rolleyes1

Ya, not a good scenario. While I'd like to say we'll take our chances and not purchase this option....I think we probably will for our return flight from Orlando. Just makes things less stressful. :goodvibes

Does anyone know if this will affect disability pre-boards? Will I need to pay the $10 fee to make sure I can get on first because if I have to fly them in a couple of months I need a bulkhead row.

Does anyone know if this will affect disability pre-boards? Will I need to pay the $10 fee to make sure I can get on first because if I have to fly them in a couple of months I need a bulkhead row.

No disabled passengers will still board before the Rapid Rewards A customers and the Business Select passengers. Early Bird is for the rest of us A-17 and above.

about this. Couple it with the ability to use RAC at POP and I could let SWA check us in, get my boarding passes printed when we drop the bags off at RAC in the morning and just head straight to the security line at MCO correct?

Just purchased this for our upcoming November trip. Was not happy that we could not use our credit with Southwest to pay for it though. :mad:

Looks like Southwest will start nickel and diming their customers now too. Granted, this was optional, but I really do not want to risk getting stuck with a "C" boarding pass. :scared1:

I really wish Jetblue would start flying out of Bradley.

Yes, you can have your mom check you in at the 24 hour mark. No need to print your pass at guest services or have your mom print and fax it to you. Simply reprint your boarding pass at the airport, either when you check your bags or at any SWA kiosk before you get to security.[/Quote

so If i can frigure out how to use the internet on my new phone can I check in using my phone and then print my boarding pass when we check our luggage at the airport - ?
will I need to write any info down to print the pass orwill it be off our conf #?

Once people who start checking in right at the 24 hour mark are assigned B55 and up... everyone will be paying the $10 fee just to get near the A group.

So, now people will have to set their alarms for the 36 hour mark instead of the 24 AND get out a credit card.

Nice revenue stream, SWA! :)

I think you're predictions will be spot on. Say goodbye to playing the drop what you're doing to get an A group game...now it's pay to play.
Cost wise, it is basically the same to me as paying for luggage on Delta...only I choose my seat there at my leisure.

I just booked this for our return trip to Denver after our cruise. This is worth it to me not to have to worry about checking in while we are at Castaway Cay!

Ok so I have a question. My dh and I will be traveling with our 2 year old and 4 year old (and their car seats!!!! ARGH!). I am a at the 24 hour mark check in person too....always have had an "A" spot - never used the family preboard between A and B. So will this early bird thing impact family preboarding? If not then it doesn't really seem worth it for me the pay the extra $80 ($40 each way) if they can't guarantee an "a" spot anyway. I ask, because obviously we can't be separated from the kids at their young ages.

TIA!
Val .

"so we don't have to waste time checking in?! Do it!!!"

We fly in 2 weeks. I wasn't going to purchase it. But then I thought about it. My parents are flying with us and they are both afraid to fly. It is worth it to pay the extra money to make sure that we are together. If it wasn't for that, I'd take my chances because my kids are in college so we don't have to sit by each other. It's nice, obviously, but it isn't necessary. But I know my parents will feel better if we are all together, so I bought it for all of us. We had cheap flights. $59 each way so it's not that big of a deal. Thanks for posting about this OP!! I didn't even realize this was going on.

Ok never mind. I called SW and she told me it would be a waste of $ for us. Family preboarding between A and B is not going away and it is very possible that I would pay the $ and still have to use the family preboarding because I may end up with B or C spots. She said it is meant for people who are only general boarders not for disabled or family preboarders. Thought I'd share incase anyone else was in a similar situation.

Val.

I just booked myself and my brother and his family for the EB for our trip in October, just for the trip home from WDW.
I'm like a lot of other posters, I'll take my chances going to MCO. For the trip home I can enjoy my day at the park and not harass anyone at home to get on line to do the boarding passes.
I'm flying solo in December and I may even use the EB for my trip back too. I am going to wait until after our October trip to see how it works out.

#1 it is going to be interesting to see if there are complaints once this goes into affect. Many people have stated they are still going to do the 24 hour check in... but how will they react if they get a C pass?

#2 How are people going to act if 75 people all pay the early bird fee and some of them still get a B or C.....

#3 How are people going to react to 1 person in a party saving a bunch of seats because they didn't want to pay for everyone in their group....

Going to be interesting.......
popcorn::

Yes, you can have your mom check you in at the 24 hour mark. No need to print your pass at guest services or have your mom print and fax it to you. Simply reprint your boarding pass at the airport, either when you check your bags or at any SWA kiosk before you get to security.[/Quote

so If i can frigure out how to use the internet on my new phone can I check in using my phone and then print my boarding pass when we check our luggage at the airport - ?
will I need to write any info down to print the pass orwill it be off our conf #?

You just hand them your ID and tell them what flight, then ask if they could print out boarding passes for you. They can do with both inside AND Curbside.

Well I am not sure what to think about this... I think what bothers me the most is you could pay for it and get a C. There needs to be a limit IMO. A17-A60ish... That's 400 per flight (if everyone nibbles) not sure if that's enough to eek out profit...

Personally I would prefer they limit free baggage to one and charge $10 for each additional bag. But then again we average 3 bags for the 5 of us..

Ok never mind. I called SW and she told me it would be a waste of $ for us. Family preboarding between A and B is not going away and it is very possible that I would pay the $ and still have to use the family preboarding because I may end up with B or C spots. She said it is meant for people who are only general boarders not for disabled or family preboarders. Thought I'd share incase anyone else was in a similar situation.

Val.

I paid for it already for my Sept trip with my 6 and 9 year olds.

In November, I will be flying with my 4 year old. His car seat will come if I can manage everything in the airport. Does a 4 year old get to pre-board?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter