Southwest Change to Any Flight For No Additional Cost is back

This is awesome. My wife and I have been going back and forth between Delta points and Southwest points for a trip at the end of April to the beginning of May. I tested it for my dates and there were no points listed for my change all each flight said was available.

Last edited:
I snapped up a sale from PIT to Fort Myers. Just got refunded 60,000 rapid reward points. Flying 5 people round trip for 37,000 points!!

It is not letting me do it for 3 tickets from SJU to MCO. It will only let me change 2 weeks out, not until May 11 - which is our actual departure date. I think SJU is not included, might just be continental US.

I booked at 1pm today a cheap Wednesday flight in the future.

I would change to Thursday if the flight got changed. Within 6 hours I got a notice flight changed.

:). I chanced it because of this thread. Thanks

I was able to do it with my spring break flight. Got a MUCH better time than what I had booked. The agent told me that only certain flights/days are chosen for the change.

Thanks for sharing! I was just able to book r/t tickets for spring break for $100. If I would have used my original dates the tickets would have been over $500 each.

Is there a way to know ahead of time if this will work for a specific flight? Like do I have to book something and then check to see if it'll work?
I don’t think there is a way to tell until you book the trip. You have 24 hrs to cancel any trip for full refund. I bought my ticket today for April and then immediately changed to March dates and it worked. I was prepare to just cancel if it didn’t work.

Not a way to tell. I had booked a one day Vegas. And I got a email in 2 days that they changed my flight time. (I remembered this thread)

So I then booked a return home Florida flight that I wanted. But the flight there was $$ for Thursday, so I rolled the dice and booked the LAST flight out Wednesday-Hoping the flight time would change- there was 3 late flights back all within an hour of each other.
I got a email flight changed-yesterday we book the Thursday flight.

Side note -waitlist came thru too.

Was it still within the March/April dates? I'm just seeing this now ...
Mine was. I booked first ticket from Houston to Orlando for April. Once booked, I moved to my March dates. I saved a ton of money. I looked in April for the cheapest flight and bought that. I moved to March at no cost. It was amazing that it worked. I paid $100/ea round trip. If I just purchased original in March it would have been over $609/ea

Wow, I'm amazed, too. Just worked for my Hawaii flights. Saved hundreds of $$ Crazy! Thank you all so much.

Maybe you can only change once? Or maybe the dates were no longer in the change window?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter