Southwest Airlines Credit Card question

k_reile

Slowly converting my son into a Disney lover!
I was just approved for the credit card for $50k points if charged and pay off the $2k before 3 months. My question...is it possible to buy my airfare for September (not part of my 2k charges) now and switch over to use the points after I receive my 50k points? I am just afraid my category is going sell out before I can purchase with points?

I'm guessing not but wanted to ask. If not, then I will just have to wait.

Thanks,

You can do that, with some difficulties involved. First, you would have to book again with points when you get them and cancel the original reservation. This could only be done if the flights are still available, of course. No telling what the cost/point amount would be at that time, too. And then you might have the amount you paid for the original tickets held for later--that depends on whether or not the flights you book are refundable to your cc. It can be done, it just may not be worth it unless your tickets are refundable and you can get the same flights at a good point value.

I was just approved for the credit card for $50k points if charged and pay off the $2k before 3 months. My question...is it possible to buy my airfare for September (not part of my 2k charges) now and switch over to use the points after I receive my 50k points? I am just afraid my category is going sell out before I can purchase with points?

I'm guessing not but wanted to ask. If not, then I will just have to wait.

Thanks,

I dont mean to go offtopic, but were you approved instantly after submitting your application online? Ours said they would let us know in a couple business days. Makes me very nervous. :sad1:

We are usually approved instantly for the personal cards. Always pending approval for the business cards. It I not uncommon to have to call the reconsideration line (google it, you'll find direct numbers and lots of info). Don't throw in the towel yet!

Our SW points (regular and sign-up bonuses) have always posted a couple days after the statement closes. You can call and ask to have your statement closing date moved up or back if needed.

I would not book the flights on $. If you cancel, they don't refund it, and any credits have to be used by the original ticket holder within one year of your original booking (not travel) date.

Southwest seems to be the best in terms of reward availability. Even if the cheapest fares sell out, they tend to increase in increments of 1,000-3,000 points, unlike others who double in cost.

I booked our July flights when they first came out. One stayed the same, the other went dow--bookings on points are fully refundable/modifiable so difference is put back into account with no restrictions. Months later, our mid-July flights are still available at the lowest we have seen.

I dont mean to go offtopic, but were you approved instantly after submitting your application online? Ours said they would let us know in a couple business days. Makes me very nervous. :sad1:

Yes I was approved right away.

Aw poop!
:snooty:
Oh well, the Mr and I will see what happens.
Don't worry. We just applied for and got approval for a Chase Ink for our business. It took about a week to get the email confirming that we were approved and another week before we actually received the cards. And our business has been in the same location for more than 25 years! They do check into the legitimacy of your business, so that could be the reason for the delay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter