Southwest 50000 points are back!

vinmar4

DIS Veteran
Just applied and got approved
I also applied for the Chase Sapphre one and got it before

If I charge $2000 immediately, how long before the points show up? Interested in real life experiences if anyone has any....

Thanks OP!:thumbsup2

If I charge $2000 immediately, how long before the points show up? Interested in real life experiences if anyone has any....

Thanks

I would call but I was informed before that it takes 6-8 weeks for the points to show after you complete the required charges

They are posted the next billing cycle after your reach your $2000. Some people have spent the $2000 and called to have their billing cycle moved up. So, that might be an option. I know mine showed up as soon as my billing cycle was done.

I was told you have 24 months unless you have a qualifying purchase. He said the annual fee you pay each year IS a qualifying purchase. So you won't lose them.

How long do you have until the points expire? Do they a last a year or roll to the next year? thanks!

Per their website:

**Points don’t expire as long as you have flight or Partner earning activity every 24 months. Benefits apply to points transactions. All Rapid Rewards Rules and Regulations apply.

So, good for 24 months. But I assume that if you keep the Credit Card and use it every so often then the points will keep being active.

The points showed up on the next billing cycle for us.

You can actually just use the e-miles and e-rewards survey sites to earn more points and keep your account active if you don't want to use the card.

Thanks everyone!!

I have a huge credit limit on my (Chase) Disney Visa that I pay in full every month. Keeping my fingers crossed that Chase wants to extend me some more credit! Need some flights to California! Ha ha!

Thanks everyone!!

I have a huge credit limit on my (Chase) Disney Visa that I pay in full every month. Keeping my fingers crossed that Chase wants to extend me some more credit! Need some flights to California! Ha ha!

If not. They are able to transfer some credit from your Disney Visa to the Southwest Visa. All same company - just different cards.

What is the annual fee? I just opened another cc Amex at Costco kinda thinking I shouldn't try for another one but it's tempting!

yay, thanks for posting OP!! I missed out on the last 50,000 point promotion and have been anxiously awaiting for the next one. Hopefully I can get my points before I buy my tickets!

dreamin_disney said:
50,000 points how many round trip tickets is that?

Depends on where you're flying. You can go online and chose an itinerary but click on points instead of dollars to see how many points your roundtrip would cost.

I have paid as little as 5500 points for roundtrip to Orlando when on sale from Richmond or Norfolk, Virginia.

How long does it take to get the new credit cards after you apply?

Just curious, as I have a very specific thing I can charge in January (college tuition) that easily exceeds the amount needed for the point. And DD's school does not charge extra to do that!

yay, thanks for posting OP!! I missed out on the last 50,000 point promotion and have been anxiously awaiting for the next one. Hopefully I can get my points before I buy my tickets!

No problem, I was waiting also

How long does it take to get the new credit cards after you apply?

Just curious, as I have a very specific thing I can charge in January (college tuition) that easily exceeds the amount needed for the point. And DD's school does not charge extra to do that!

I received mine before in less than two weeks

Thank you sooo much for posting. I was happily surprised to be approved. I just got a mailing to apply but it was for 25,000. I'm glad I didn't apply then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter