Southern Caribbean Trip Reports/Advice

jabrony76

Earning My Ears
Hi All,
Just booked Southern Caribbean 10 night June 28 sailing last night for my wife, son (9) and I and can't wait!!!

Looking for advice or trip reports for the ports of call:

Oranjestad, Aruba
Willemstad, Curaçao
Basseterre, St. Kitts
Tortola, British Virgin Islands

There isn't much in the way of discussion on these ports as they don't seem to be frequent stops (except Tortola).

Looking for must-do's, must-don't's, tips and ideas.

Thanks!

Following. I booked this cruise Thursday. I moved the booking from the 3 night double dip on the Fantasy. This was a major upgrade! We've only sailed the Western Caribbean and the Bahamas so I have a lot to learn.

Hi All,
Just booked Southern Caribbean 10 night June 28 sailing last night for my wife, son (9) and I and can't wait!!!

Looking for advice or trip reports for the ports of call:

Oranjestad, Aruba
Willemstad, Curaçao
Basseterre, St. Kitts
Tortola, British Virgin Islands

There isn't much in the way of discussion on these ports as they don't seem to be frequent stops (except Tortola).

Looking for must-do's, must-don't's, tips and ideas.

Thanks!
For Tortola you should do A Day at the Baths or Trip to Virgin Gorda, which are full-day and half-day versions of the same excursion, as the Baths are located on Virgin Gorda, a BVI island that is close to Tortola.

Here is one DCL Virgin Gorda port adventure report:
http://savingforadream.blogspot.com/2016/01/dcl-port-adventure-review-tour-to.html

St. Kitts -
we like history and old Forts. The Brimstone Hill Fortress is pretty cool - and 800+ feet above sea level - great views from up there.
I was surprised by Romney Mannor - I was not interested in going here, but glad that I did. The grounds are beautifully landscaped. There are remnants (buildings) of the sugar industry, and the CaribeBelle fabrics are beautiful (and I'm a straight guy)

Curacao we visited about 12 years ago. DCL very infrequently stops here. Beautiful port. We went snorkeling - and it was very very good.
Here's a day and night shot of the city .PICT1334.JPG PICT1354.JPG .

We are going to Aruba January 2018 and don't have a clue as to what we will be doing - probably snorkeling.

Hi there,
We went to Aruba on a Panama Canal trip in 2008. We just booked an island tour with a taxi out front and it was fun!

We are going next January again and have decided to book Trikes Aruba, they get high marks on trip advisor for their tour.

We've also been to St. Kitts and did their zip lining through DCL. It was fun, somewhat short but if you haven't done zip lining before, it's an exciting experience.

We are thinking about the 11 night southern that has some of these same ports.

I just booked the 11 night as well a couple days ago!! I can't wait to find out what all is offered!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter