• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sorta Scared

♥Ariel♥

DIS Veteran
Well i found out the reason i was sick coming home from Disney ant bites...more like 48 ANT BITES!!! on both my feet combined!!! My mom was telling me how i was sick cause when ants sting you it is like injecting poison :sad1: :scared1: i am pretty sure they are not fire ant bites but not sure.

Has anyone here been to Fort Wilderness the Disney camp ground? Well that is where we usually stay. The place you put your camper/RV or whatever is on a concrete slab or if tent camping then they have a sandy texture area where the picnic table is located. Well we have a pop up camper so we left the table in the sand we have been there before and i have gotten comfy sitting at the picnic table during meals barefoot as the rest of my family. Well we think i put my feet in an ant hill while sitting there and that is why i have so many and my fam. has none!!

Anyone know how long they last? How to take the sting out? The first night i got back was the worse i had a low grade fever no appitite and on top of that my bites. and i was tired from disney right? I went to bed early and stuff and when i woke up my fever was gone (think it is back now though) and now i am stuffy and my feet hurt like crap!!! My nausea is gone but i still every 15 minutes or though when i am standing or walking get dizzy for like not even two seconds then i am fine and i rememeber feeling dizzy so it is not like i black out but it is strong enought to make my knees a lil week but not enough to not support me.

just kinda scared and freaking out and annoyed them pesky bites wont leave me ALONE!!!!!! sorry it was kinda long.

Aww, I'm so sorry! My little sister is allergic to ant bites, so every time she gets them they usually end up turning into blisters. :headache:

One thing that may help is to get meat tenderizer and mix it with water until it's like this thick paste. Then put that on the bug bites and it will help to get the poison out so they don't hurt/itch as much. I know it sounds odd, but it honestly helps A LOT.

I feel your pain. When I was in the British Virgin Islands doing community work, at one location, my feet kept getting bit by fire ants.
They itched/hurt immediately after being bitten and I still have scars in a few spots from them.

Sorry to hear that.
My younger sister's the same way. We've never stayed at Wilderness campground, we almost did one time. Fell better soon.

any kind of stinging insect medication should help ease your pain. the ones made for mosquitos will BURN (they're ammonia) but they work.

i also feel ur pain. I was on a roller coaster (not in disney) but a bee went up my pant leg and stung me 12 times:scared1:. no joke we went to first aid and the lady counted 12 bumps!!!

ouchies ya my dad was trying to make me feel better i think he said when he was younger he and some friends where walking my a construction site where they where cutting down trees and one landed on a hornets or wasps...whatever lives in the ground... nest. my dad was walking on the log that landed their and about 200 of them flew in his clothes and all over him stinging him:scared1: they took him to the ER and all and he was like 12 or 13 i would prolly die.

Just to tell everyone about a product that I’ve found helpful…it is really effective at treating things like fire ant bites, as well as bee or wasps stings and other insect bites/stings. It’s an ointment called Stops the Sting that relieves pain when applied to the affected area almost immediately. It also neutralizes the venom and helps minimize itching, swelling, and blisters. I think it’s a relatively new product though, so you might not be able to find it unless you order it online; to find it just type the name into a search engine.

We Stay at Fort Wilderness everytime we go :D
i love it. we have a fifth wheel.
I haven't had a problem with the ants though.
I hope you feel better soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter