• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something's up with the ADRs...

mcgill93

Mouseketeer
Something is definitely up with the ADRs...

We go every year during free dining (even though we don't get it since POR is not included..) and I typically have very good luck getting my preferred ADRs. I was up at 5:00 today with a clear plan for each day - on the computer at 6:00. 'Ohana was gone, even for the last day of our trip (180+8), at any time on any day even for 1 or 2 people (I checked, just to test the waters) and for the Mama Melrose VIP Fantasmic Package, it wouldn't even go to December dates. When I forced it by typing it in, it said either "no dates available for that time", or something about difficulties checking availability at this time.

I called at 7:00 and the reservations cast member told me that "trying to book anything after Thansksgiving" has been a nightmare for them, and that she herself has not made an 'Ohana reservation for someone in close to a week, which is very rare. She said to keep checking. I was able to get everything else (including CRT, Crystal Palace before park opening, 2 BOGs, Tusker House, 1900 Park Fare, Coral Reef, and Akershus (though not for dinner - lunch only), so not really sure what the deal is...

We are there November 30th through December 8th. Don't get me wrong, I am appreciative of what I was able to get, but frustrated because I feel like the schedules are not planned out properly. I really hope they don't switch park hours etc. for times I already have reservations for, etc. Is it possible that they haven't released certain restaurants for booking yet? A lot of people aren't seeing Akershus for dinner, 'Ohana at all, etc.

I just went back on to check to see if 'Ohana has anything (again), and now, it won't even let me look past today's date... What is up? Anyone have a good answer - please don't say "free dining", because I should still be able to search in December, even if there truly isn't anything left.

Thanks and good luck everyone!

Something is definitely up with the ADRs...

We go every year during free dining (even though we don't get it since POR is not included..) and I typically have very good luck getting my preferred ADRs. I was up at 5:00 today with a clear plan for each day - on the computer at 6:00. 'Ohana was gone, even for the last day of our trip (180+8), at any time on any day even for 1 or 2 people (I checked, just to test the waters) and for the Mama Melrose VIP Fantasmic Package, it wouldn't even go to December dates. When I forced it by typing it in, it said either "no dates available for that time", or something about difficulties checking availability at this time.

I called at 7:00 and the reservations cast member told me that "trying to book anything after Thansksgiving" has been a nightmare for them, and that she herself has not made an 'Ohana reservation for someone in close to a week, which is very rare. She said to keep checking. I was able to get everything else (including CRT, Crystal Palace before park opening, 2 BOGs, Tusker House, 1900 Park Fare, Coral Reef, and Akershus (though not for dinner - lunch only), so not really sure what the deal is...

We are there November 30th through December 8th. Don't get me wrong, I am appreciative of what I was able to get, but frustrated because I feel like the schedules are not planned out properly. I really hope they don't switch park hours etc. for times I already have reservations for, etc. Is it possible that they haven't released certain restaurants for booking yet? A lot of people aren't seeing Akershus for dinner, 'Ohana at all, etc.

I just went back on to check to see if 'Ohana has anything (again), and now, it won't even let me look past today's date... What is up? Anyone have a good answer - please don't say "free dining", because I should still be able to search in December, even if there truly isn't anything left.

Thanks and good luck everyone!
Something is up, but no one knows what.

Something is up, but no one knows what.
A bunch of BOG breakfast and lunch reservations just opened up for December 4th through the 8th - also quite a few 1900 Park Fare dinners and some Crystal Palace breakfasts. That's at least nice!

I agree! All of 'Ohana is booked for the first week all day everyday?????? Maybe I picked a bad week to visit!!!!

I have had the exact same issues. I was able to get a general plan of what I wanted but can not find a lunch/dinner at akershus or biergarten on 11/30 to save my life. Hoping some stuff opens up in the next few weeks

I would guess they haven't loaded all the tables into the reservation system yet.

The Moana film comes out on 11/23 - my husband thinks they are going to re-theme Ohana for that - a type of luau and meet Moana and other characters? And that is why the reservations have not been loaded perhaps?

We are going the week of thanksgiving....on our 180+ day, I could barely get anything, but this week I got a text notification from TP that an Ohana dinner opened up. And immediately following I received almost 20 more saying a bunch of times/days for dinner were now available. I was able to score thanksgiving dinner for 7 people

That it was odd so many opened up all at once

This may be a silly question, but what is "TP"?

Touringplans.com ....they have a free program where you can set up search alerts. So when a reservation opens up I submitted a search for, it sends me a text or email ...then I can log onto Disney and book it

My vacation is just 86 days away, and I did not do too bad for a party of 6. Mom, in our party wanted a meal in the castle, but nothing came up, so I reserved Park Fare instead. We don't have free dining, because we are staying at Pop Century, however, the dining plan would definitely cost me way more than the 4 character meals I reserved for our vacation. I am happy.

Dinner at Park Fare
Breakfast at Ohana
Breakfast at Garden Grill
Lunch with Pooh.

The website was a bit jumpy a few times, but everything went through fine.

I also grabbed a Halloween ticket for myself for the first party of the season, on the day that the rest of my party will be heading off to Sea World.

Touringplans.com ....they have a free program where you can set up search alerts. So when a reservation opens up I submitted a search for, it sends me a text or email ...then I can log onto Disney and book it

How do you set it up? Everything that I've seen on the site requires a log in. Thanks

How do you set it up? Everything that I've seen on the site requires a log in. Thanks
You do have to create a FREE log in. It took me awhile to figure out how to do it without paying for their service. I signed up last week but it said that it wouldn't start looking for my reservation until June 3 (180 days out from 11/30). No alerts yet and I am still checking daily for an earlier ADR. (Snagged lunch at Akershus but want breakfast.)

We are going the week of thanksgiving....on our 180+ day, I could barely get anything, but this week I got a text notification from TP that an Ohana dinner opened up. And immediately following I received almost 20 more saying a bunch of times/days for dinner were now available. I was able to score thanksgiving dinner for 7 people

That it was odd so many opened up all at once
Thanks for the tip! I have used dinning finder in the past and was sad when they took it down! Now to just wait for something to open up!

We are going November 26- December 3. We had no problems getting anything. we have be our guest on 27 and ohana on the 2nd. It was really easier for me to book this year than the last two years. I wonder if not working for some or if they are full from the people checking in before? It's been very strange.

Going Dec 1-3 and couldn't get BOG, Ohana, Chef Mickey at 180 days out. Ridiculous.

Earlier this morning, I couldn't get anything for BOG dinner at all 12/3 - 12/10. Then all of a sudden a minute ago a ton of availability opened up for that entire week. Glitchy, glitchy. :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter