Something that made you feel old

I get this. My daughter is 17 and we are dealing with lots of struggles growing up/launching into adulthood. Lots of conflict that wasn’t there 18 months ago. It makes me feel so old. I feel as though I’m aging exponentially and I can see it in my face, and I feel it in the immense fatigue I experience. It’s a tough time.
:hug:

When I see "classic" and "oldies" stations advertised and it's all music from the 90s and early 00s. :crazy2: In my own little world, "oldies" are still those 50s rock & roll, 60s woodstock and 70s disco songs. Do we need a new category for those - OAD? (old as dirt?) Yikes.

Hearing about things from the 90's referred to as "vintage".

When I see "classic" and "oldies" stations advertised and it's all music from the 90s and early 00s. :crazy2: In my own little world, "oldies" are still those 50s rock & roll, 60s woodstock and 70s disco songs. Do we need a new category for those - OAD? (old as dirt?) Yikes.

I was going to mention this as well. The local Oldies station here still keeps to the 50's-70's, but at what point does that change? One day, kids will be saying how their grandma grew up listening to Billie Eilish. We'll hear this because we'll be heads in jars. We'll get to meet Walt though!

My best friend (of 67 years) and her husband are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary tomorrow. Of course I was a bridesmaid - I was 20! Her husband and I were in 7th grade English class together the day Kennedy was shot. Yep, I’m old!

Oh, and another thing, I’ve seen the Beatles in concert. 😁

Last edited:
on my 40th birthday I was walking to the mailbox at work my friends dad saw me drove into the parking lot to say hi. As he was leaving I noticed the car we drove to school had an historical car license plate... :magnify::sunny:

We have a couple of classic rock radio channels in my area and sometimes I listen. I was channel surfing and heard Bowling for Soup’s “1985” mind you this came out in 2004/5? So I listened and sang along. Next song was Green Day’s “Holiday”, I look down to see what station I’m on because they are killing it and it was the classic rock station. These songs came out when I was in middle school! HOW IS THIS CLASSIC ROCK?!?!?!? I came home defeated that day lol.

Last edited:
Right now. Working with 2 yr olds. I can't do the things I used to do when I worked with them 30 + years ago :) My body hurts when I get home :) And one of the girls I work with said "Oh, wow, you're my parents age:" Of course, I could be your mom. You're 20.

The first time I felt old was when I went to a sports bar with younger co-workers to watch a NY Mets playoff game. i mentioned to them that I had been to Shea Stadium one time but that it was for a Jets game and not for the Mets. They all looked at me crazy and asked “the Jets used to play at Shea?”

It was my “Paul McCartney was in a band before Wings?“ moment.

I watched the Yankees play at Shea stadium

When my son turned 40, how the heck can I have a 40 year old son when I'm not even 40 myself? And I have been being bombarded with Medicare enrollment spam (both snail mail and email) since I will turn 65 soonish (o.k. so I'm older than 40).

I had my DD8 write each word she missed when we practiced spelling, 5 times - it reminded me of sentences. Anyone have to write sentences in school? I was a "good kid" but even I had to write 100 sentences a time or two. I had to stay in from recess and do that on the CHALK board - this was pre-pen board times. Pretty sure that would be considered child abuse now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter