Something new

Greggieb

Earning My Ears
Hello all. I was hoping you could give me some ideas. I am going to be staying on property (POR) in mid April with two 17 year olds (both boys). We are Disney vets having been several times over the years and are looking at doing some different stuff on property as well as all the normal (rides, etc.). Any ideas (tours, etc.) are appreciated. Thanks.

Some things we've done that we really enjoy
Savor the Savannah at AK. I can see the boys enjoying this one. Up close and extended time with the animals
World Showcase Undisovered at Epcot. If you have an interest in the countries at Epcot this one is really a good choice. If you don't, it's not.
Backstage Magic. Though I'm not sure 17 yo boys would enjoy this one so much.

If they have an interest in the trains I'd look at Steam Train Tour (forget it's specific name)

At POR, you probably would love to catch Yeeha Bob.

The water parks, rent a boat at your resort, fishing in the lakes, the balloon at Marketplace, mini golf, the train tour, keys to the kingdom tour., cirque...

My teens really enjoyed the Dine with an Imagineer at the Brown Derby. The Imagineer was great.

I also recommend the Wild Africa Trek. Our kids loved it.

Something else that has been on our radar is the Epcot Seas Aqua Tour, where you get to snorkel in the aquarium.

I also recommend the Wild Africa Tour, it was wonderful and I think 17 yo would love it. I am not sure the Savor the Savannah would be as good for teenagers. I think they would love the Segway Tour at FW. We too enjoyed the World Showcase Discovered tour and the Keys to the Kingdom tour.
Enjoy

We really enjoyed LaNouba at Disney Springs. I also enjoyed the Steamtrain tour, not sure if either of your boys have any interest, my DS didn't really, the tour was more for dad lol. Characters in flight at Disney Springs might also be an option.

At Disney Springs they have that big hot air ballon that you can go up in. And believe it or not, we went to the movies at Disney Springs, and it was fun (this was on a rainy day) to go see the Star Wars movie and then see all the Star Wars stuff at all the shops. You could also go to Splitsville and have lunch while you are bowling! That place is hopping!

The Wild Africa Trek is my favorite tour on property! I also really liked the Steam Train tour. Another tour that I just did was the Ultimate Day of Thrills VIP Tour. It's not as much as having your own private VIP tour guide, but it was a great way to get all of the "headliner thrill attractions" done in Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, and Hollywood Studios in one day.

If you haven't seen La Nouba at Disney Springs, that's a lot of fun. That might be good to see before it goes away in December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter