Something going on at WDW in October? What will crowds be like?

opus_00

Mouseketeer
Our trip is scheduled the week of 10/18. I've been reading references on this board to a special promotion or something that may increase the crowds in October. What's going on that month? This will be my first trip since I was a teenager, and my first ever with kids, so I don't know what to expect as far as the crowds. I just want to be prepared.

Paula

The Fairytale Package has crowds up considerably at WDW and they also have MNSSHP and the Food & Wine Festival at Epcot in October. Most schools will be back in session, so the crowds may die down a little. We're hoping it won't be much more crowded than usual. Good luck planning!

The Brits get a weeks school holiday in October, so it's a very popular time for us to travel. I don't think that makes it especially busy but you may notice more UK accents than normal.

Bev

We've been three times over October half term - and are going again this year. Only in 1996 were the crowds troublesome.

Make good use of fastpass (plenty of tips elsewhere on the boards) and I'm sure you'll be fine. The Food & Wine festival at Epcot is excellent - don't miss it.

I'm hoping Mission Space's opening will make Test Track a bit quieter. We missed it last time owing to huge queues and the fastpass machine being out of order.

Originally posted by edie w
We've been three times over October half term - and are going again this year. Only in 1996 were the crowds troublesome.

Make good use of fastpass (plenty of tips elsewhere on the boards) and I'm sure you'll be fine. The Food & Wine festival at Epcot is excellent - don't miss it.

I'm hoping Mission Space's opening will make Test Track a bit quieter. We missed it last time owing to huge queues and the fastpass machine being out of order.

Oooh...the food & wine festival sounds great! DH and I are wine lovers. What's it like?

Paula

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter