Something About Nothing............ #14

Oh Mac, hope you and Mr. Mac resolved the hurt he made you feel, before you went to bed.

File this in the bizarre file. I am always up before my alarm goes off, but I don’t move out of bed right away, as listen to the radio news, that my alarm turns on. And within 2 minutes time after it starts, I get the local traffic and weather news. Then I get moving. Just as I stepped into the bathroom, older one comes into my bedroom, and calls my phone. He swears he heard someone say his name twice. Um, wasn’t DH or me. Said maybe dreaming. Or we have a friendly ghost? Maybe just a dream, as he is off work today, as he doesn’t have a set work schedule, and it’s not always week day days. But he knew I was going to be up a little earlier, and would be commuting today.

Yes, you read that right. Commuted in that predawn hour, were a few cars seen, until I hit the city limits. And since today, is one where many meetings are, rather than any other day, more cars came in with me, then on the Thursdays I do every other week.

Ah, nothing like a Taco Tuesday to have Mac enjoying that Taco Bell meal. Mr. Mac should treat, given last night.

And weather news. I heard clearing and windy day. And high is 59. Yes you read that right. Why my heater was turned on last night, and wore my lightweight winter jacket. Thought did bring my sunglasses for that lunchtime walk. And given a bad hair day, already have my hair tied up. Thus ready for this cooler day in April. Yeah, while not quite freezing, going down to 38 degrees the high in the overnight. Heater will remain on. But you will hear my AC working on Friday, probably. 86 the high. Woot, as lazy day with car drop and retrieve in that just perfect predicted full day sun filled warm day. But sigh, that isn’t today.

And so, have a taco or two, or like little one, those seasoned fries, that had her okay with us having a Taco Bell meal on Sunday. Yes, rather than a Sunday, enjoy those tacos or fries this Taco Tuesday.

Good morning all. Tea, from bottled hot water. Ah yes, quiet in this early morning no matter where I am.

Golden sunrise in the City anyone?
A8E0B7D5-942C-40F6-A33D-C262F76E938C.jpeg

It a bright beautiful crisp cool morning taco Tuesday here today. It might be cool, but the sun is shinning, so it will be a great day today. It's already windy here :scared: which makes me wonder how wild the wind may be.

It was leftover night last night. Smoked chicken and smoked burgers on the menu. There was a discussion over a new truck dh found :rolleyes2 We either would need to buy extended warranty for our current one - or purchase a new one. Sooooooooooo, he is picking up his new truck tomorrow. There is not one option on the truck that he " gave up " . It is the color, trim package, options etc etc etc that he wants.

ANNNNNNNDDD it's afternoon! Still bright and sunny here. Not really warm, but the sun is shinning. I consider that a win for this time of year.

Busy day here tying up loose ends as I have my three straight days at the healthcare job. I have this 3 days once every 12 week rotation. I'll probably we working one night as well, just to keep with with emails and do anything that can't wait until I'm back next week.

Well, I should run. Have a great evening everyone!

Less than 2 weeks for Schumi now. Woot!

Ah, the traffic and weather. Not commuting to me, so all the road debris, road close now open, minor delays are not my issue this morning. Weather. What a clear sky does. 37 this early hour. But a bit warmer, as 64 the high. Sigh. Probably keep my pants and not shorts yet. Will be rocking those shorts at the end of the week though. Yay for that.

But who do I see?

IMG_1496.jpeg

Aw, camel, looking so colorful. Yay for me. Yep, my area getting greener and more flower colorful every day now. Though guess those flowers are closed up this early morning. But chilly to me with that high 30’s temp we have, still in this early morning. And so, with this April Springtime day, we say, get over this hump feeling day, and wahoo, a Friday will be here in two more days.

And so, screen and tea. Yep, as long as good connectivity, no matter where.

A hearty good morning. From a house that goes from heater on, to AC on, this week. And a wish all have a most Wonderful Wednesday.

Good Wednesday morning everyone :wave:

25482D7F-8906-47C9-826B-9A3CE25EA70C.jpeg

A16E284B-875C-47C7-8936-EBBA99D91FAC.jpeg

868B8CE0-D295-4E58-A07C-BBAA6D126169.jpeg

Today started off on a sad note. I got an email stating that another member of our Bible study class passed last night. He was in his early 80's and had either Alzheimer's or dementia. His wife woke up this morning to find he had passed quietly in his sleep sometime last night.
Sorry to hear of your friends passing. Passing quietly in sleep is a merciful way to go. The loss of a spouse is heart breaking though at any age.

B found a replacement dress today, so I think we are all ready for graduation now.
Good to hear she has found a dress.

Good luck to your grandson, Engineering and business aren`t so far apart. Kyle got a Masters in Chemical Engineering, but wanted to get into Finance, the Finance folks covet folks with the CE degree so it`s a natural progression. He`ll do good.
Thank you Carole. We all want our children and grandchildren to be happy no matter what they choose as a profession.

I remember you saying that Kyle moved from Chemical Engineering to Finance. He sounds like he has found his passion and is very good at it. I know you both are very proud of him. I was glad to hear Kyle is coming for vacation with you all. It is always nice to have quality time with your children just to chill and enjoy each others company.

Hey all, it’s been a hectic weekend, both ends of the spectrum. So upset, my pooch decided he was a big dog and jumped off an outside retaining wall Several feet high. tried calling 2 different vet ERs, both closed to new arrivals today. Think he had wits scared out of him initially and wouldn’t move. Eating, Walking & even playing now, seems a bit off though. poor baby face planted, swollen nose. No blood etc. will set my clock to wake him every few hours JIK a concussion (no idea if dogs can get them too) & watch him very carefully tonight.
Sorry to hear of your pooches accident. Hope he recovers ok without issue.

GD & DiL had a ball doing the disney 10K, they had dinner tonight @ the CA Grill to celebrate. Come home Thursday afternoon.
Wow that is an accomplishment. Running over 6 miles is not easy. Congratulations to them both.

All my boys for Dinner today, prime rib, a big hit. Thank you dear oven for working again, if only temporarily. Oldest will be back rest of their trip for dinner. Do love having them all here together, the house comes alive.
Sounds like a proud mom enjoying some time with her boys. A prime rib dinner sounds fantastic.

he is such an accomplished young man. Rugby is a really rough & tumble game.
Thank you Janet. Yes, Rugby is a rough sport.
i would had been here to chat away with you all today but Mr Mac hurt my feelings so i sat on the chair waiting to hear a sorry
some men have a thick head
Mac I hope Mr Mac apologized for hurting your feelings.

We went to see grandsons Rugby game on Saturday. I have a hard time watching those games, but want to be supportive. It is a rough sport for sure.

We are supposed to have 80 degree days for the next couple of days then the weather is going to drop into the low 60’s.

I have a few things I want to get done in the yard today.

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone doing whatever makes you happy.

6BC8D0AA-3D6E-463D-B04F-BFF69A5370F5.jpeg

Are those post it notes on todays camel Lynne or do I need to put my glasses on to see…

Hehe, nope, they are flowers. So glasses and blow up your phone screen to see better.

Close to 60 degrees. Yeah, pants, t shirt with sweatshirt jacket and sunglasses. Almost ready for my lunchtime walk. Yay! Those blue skies are so good to see.

Hi Everyone:

Just got back from our trip to beautiful Tennessee! I will write more later when I recover from our long, long, stressful drive back.
We drove 12 hours yesterday, and 7 hours today. Today should have taken only 5 hours, but we ran into some very heavy rain and wind in Wisconsin. We were thankful that it didn't turn into ice or snow!

So, I am worn out, but will write more tomorrow, I hope.

It is good to be back home, even though we had a wonderful warm time!

Yay Ruth, glad you made it safely back home, and had a great time. Yes, driving in a rain downpour is not fun.

Tea and enjoying that evening quiet. DH is napping with his laptop loudly playing some movie, I think it’s an action one with Bruce Willis. The kids are playing whatever games, as I don’t watch anymore. Me? Just almost listening, but at least watching a little, as new shows I haven’t seen before are on. Then early bedtime, as still need to be up in that what? Yes, that early predawn hour. But at least with telecommuting, my office needs no commuting.

Yes! The heat pump Mother Nature is giving us, starts in the wee hours of tomorrow. By the time I wake up, will be 10 degrees warmer than the same time today, and even a 10 degree jump in the high temp tomorrow too. Hence, shorts will be the dress code tomorrow. Woot!

Ooh I head a police siren then heavy truck driving, was so loud, a half hour before my alarm went to off. Had to get up and look out the door. Guess not in our neighborhood. Scary. It’s so dark out right now. Decided since I and DH were up, we just got ready for the day, and still are hearing those police sirens, so something big I guess I will hear about later today, in local news.

It’s actually mostly cloudy right now, hence why so dark. But local weather news said a gloriously sunny and warmer day. Pesky cloud cover should be gone by sunrise.

And no matter the time, after I get done my morning freshening up, I start that teapot heating up. Yep, Thirsty Thursday is here.

Thread about the late August heat in FLA. We used to go there at that time, for many years, once my kids were in school. Summer camp always ended the second week of August, and since my school district always starts school after Labor Day, what do you do with your kids? Go on vacation for two weeks before school starts. We embrace the heat. AC in FLA is good and plentiful, in stores, restaurants, hotels, and the inside rides and most shows. The outdoor shows have shady areas, and some even have fans going. Plus along some walkways, there is misty spray you can walk through. And nothing like enjoying getting wet from the water rides and pool, and not feeling cold when you enter or get off or out. And yes, always got that chance of a late afternoon or early evening thunderstorm. But I don’t remember us having many days of rain that time of year. And oddly, never a hurricane we had during our late August trips and two cruises during that time.

And so, from this lizard loving heat, and one that lives in a humid enough city, that founding fathers established homes outside the city, along the one river. So I guess, growing up in a hot and humid Northern city, and spending summers in Miami with my grandparents, I love the heat. Plus, easy wardrobe. Shorts, t shirts, and flip flops. When I wear those easy breathing shirts that time of year. And will be wearing one tomorrow, as high 80’s for a day for me. Woot!

Have an awesome Thirsty Thursday. You know, drinking to be hydrated for that fantastic Friday feeling tomorrow, and a most wonderful weekend after that awesome news it’s a Friday.

Good morning all. Ooh that was a loud plane go over us. Sigh. Business in the early hours. Yep, me and DH too.

Hey all, it’s Thursday and I may be thirsty later

Carole’s probably out combing the beach, lucky ducky

Oh Ruth that sort of drive home is the worst

Robbie yikes another flub for mr musk. Lost count, has to get it right sooner or later

Pumpkin by default, nascar usually appears on tube on sundays in season here. Gives me free time lol. My fav part is watching the pit crews do their magic.

Overexposure to racing via professional association years ago with a gent that owns a racing team now. It was nonstop talk of it, annoying to point I wound up seeking another career path. a win as it all worked out for the best…as life is wont to do lol
Hope your doggie has no injuries and is doing okay now
Yes, thankfully! Family member had medical emergency later that night. Things handled well there tho & regrouping nicely.

Cleared out both my residual Stress & main clothes closet yesterday. :banana: Nine garbage bags full, seven donated. Now my favorite pieces can breathe in there.
Mr Mac hurt my feelings so i sat on the chair waiting to hear a sorry
That stinks. :flower3: Repeat after me
8D34A776-4C19-4FF0-889C-840F6155FCDE.jpeg

we have a friendly ghost?
AE52BFD2-5BE9-408C-A5A4-4E4453FD0F33.jpeg

Hi all. Hope everyone is well. Not logged in for so long! No chance of a Disney trip for a long time but I do keep up to date on a UK group just in case! J asks most days about it but understands with vacation split (badly in our view) with alternative weeks it’s just too much to travel for only 7 days. We have booked for a nice resort with them in Majorca and will make sure they have as much fun as possible!
We are away a lot in our caravan and still thoroughly enjoy it. We just had a week at Chatsworth and next Friday we are off up to the Lancashire coast. Lots of walking and places to visit.
We are gradually working through the huge garden we’ve taken on here but enjoying the time outdoors. I’m trying to introduce as many native and wildflowers that I can but it will take time.
Do hope everyone over there is well and planning for summer.
Take care.

Real, so good to hear from you. I hope all are doing well. And nice to be exploring in your caravan, and yay for beach time in Majorca. I’m sure the beach fun will be just that for the grandkids. Yay for gardening. I’ve mostly stayed with bulb plants, but will plant tomatoes and peppers next month.

Keisha, glad to hear pup is doing okay, as well as family that had a medical emergency. Never dull times in your neck of the woods. Yeah, funny what mind thinks, I guess, rather than any ghost. Though I swear I saw a ghost man some nights, when my DH was away for years. I think he was just looking after me. But maybe my mind creating, as neither dog barked or woke up from them napping on me, and on my feet.

Ooh lunchtime walk time. Rocking those shorts and shades.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter