Something About Nothing............ #14

Good morning everyone!
I am busily watching you tube videos so I know what holiday snacks not to miss when we get there - there are loads of fun things!! At the same time, I am baking Christmas cupcakes, and gingerbread ready for DD to take to her school Christmas Fete tomorrow
I just bought tickets to her Christmas play (she is an Angel and has learnt all her lines and everything.)
DS is still in the middle of Mock Exams (and I recommended him to put a t shirt under his uniform shirt as I was invigilating on Monday and the rooms are COLD!)
I have picked up DDs cold AGAIN, I feel like she and I have had a cold a month since school went back in September. I, however, am a crock, and all colds go to my lungs so I am a wheezy mess (and we tested for Covid to be safe, and we DON'T have that - we got it in July and it kicked my butt - I actually had to stay in bed and shiver and wheeze for ten days!) I suspect we have been shielding a long time, so getting back to normal, our immune systems are still getting used to everything!

I sympathise, I had the flu and then a cold for 5 weeks when we came home from Orlando in October, cleared up for around 10 days and then we seem to have picked up another!

Yep, our immune systems do need to catch up......have fun baking, that`s what I ended up doing this morning, well, rosemary bread and some coconut muffins. Kyle sent me a txt from work saying his boss has asked if I can make some more of my butter shortbread for their buffet on the last day before they break up for Christmas, I sent some in last week and they all loved it. One woman said it was the nicest shortbread she`d ever tasted.....I definitely take all compliments!!

Must get on with some wrapping now.......

Morning all from a beautiful (but thick frost and below freezing temperatures still) morning. We are still in the caravan! Contractor doing a great job at home but he’s had a couple of holdups so we won’t be finished until next week.

We are off down to Devon this weekend but farmer says we can leave the van here so that’s good.

I’m driving home every morning and afternoon to do the school run etc - it’s only 6 miles and I’m enjoying the novelty but looking forward to getting back home and preparing for Christmas.

I went on a class yesterday at a local bakery. I have done them previously but always nice to get new ideas.

F5D1C62C-D495-4DB4-B21E-4A8BF957CD5D.jpeg
Hoping to make similar for some gifts so need to be home with my equipment to get organised.

Robo lovely photos again. It’s definitely the time of year for little ones.

DrunkJam glad you’ve got everything organised for your DH. Your trip must be even more special with your wedding memories. We met friends yesterday for a dog walk and Christmas lunch - who I introduced 20 years ago - very sadly Nigel is terminally ill with cancer but he is such an inspiration. Carrying on as normally as he can despite all side effects of treatments - now added diabetes to that list.

Way behind on our Christmas shopping though orders gradually arriving and waiting to be collected.

Do hope all those under the weather are improving. So many bugs going around.

Oh all the baking sounds AMAZING! and @Realfoodfans those cakes look AWESOME

After many minutes shouting through wheezes at my phone (I am old and don't like using my phone for purchases, but wanted to book through the app) I have booked us HOLIDAY TOUR TICKETS!
So, now, we don't need to worry about trying to meet the Grinch or getting in line for Grinchmas, or parades or Harry Potter show or Santa, cos we can do ALL those things.
I also got it for our last full day, which I think is going to be an AWESOME end to our holiday
My husband is disturbed by the distress I experience trying to use tech like a young person!

0F6C2CAC-F877-4243-87E0-BDC6A72EC4FB.jpeg

Hehe, yep, even on a hump day, good day to do your holiday shopping, like the camel, because Friday will be here in 2 more days, after this hump of a day. Yay!

Good morning Schumi, Jam and Real. Glad to hear Schumi feeling better, Jam, sending mummy dust well wishes to you, and yay for trip coming up, and we did that tour last year, was fabulous, and Real, sounds like home is getting done soon, and love seeing those cookies. We will be baking soon, but my cookies probably won’t look anywhere nice as those. Time of year to have the oven on, to heat up the kitchen. Sweet or savory smells wafting from the kitchen too. Love this time of year.

Ooh, while camel out shopping, hope his drive to the mall didn’t include any monsters in the foggy and light rain early morning we are having. And yay, heater not heard, it’s already 52 degrees out. Woot, as warmer day for us, and rain should be gone after the thunderstorms arrive later this morning. Then a warm cloudy rest of day.

So a most wonderful Wednesday homies.

Good Wednesday morning everyone.

There are 17 days 13 hours and 14 minutes until Christmas.

62E08380-D1BC-4FC9-9928-DAE480F8BC0D.gif

8CB2410F-DACD-48F2-AEAC-ED2BACF5625C.gif

AC1E335C-D209-4879-986F-4EA1DC481314.gif

2DB102B7-E021-4882-AA5E-D904FD57A2F4.gif

399AA67A-2DF3-4742-BA7C-7B9F51970DE4.gif

And so, may all have that most relaxing Sunday, today. We are in December. Woot! Soon enough, Robo’s countdown will be in single digits. :santa:
I know. Single digits for Christmas will be here before you know it.

Thank you, yes, opening a savings account is a fab idea (he already has a current account and a long term saver, but he wanted to get one for the portion of his wages he will save, because he can because he is 16! - He works in an ice cream shop in the spring and summer - since we live walking distance from the beach it's great, and he can do it whilst also getting his school exams done!)
That is awesome that he is so responsible with his money. Will really help him in the future. Good for him.

We still don't go into many shops (DH has now THREE types of cancer - the first one is a chronic blood cancer, so it predisposes him to getting others - so even though we are all as vaccinated as possible, we are all still very careful - but the third is new, and his dr said going on holiday for Christmas would be a great, fun thing to do before all the new treatment plans and prognosis making occur in January)
I love your Christmas Grinch pics, that's a fun thing for Church to do (I know DS ate his body weight in satsumas one year when he was small at our church, but they didn't have fun stuff!)
I think it is wonderful that you have planned such a nice Christmas vacation for your family. It sounds like it will be a nice healing time for your family to get away and enjoy some Christmas cheer. I’am sending prayers for your hubby, your children and you that you all have a very special Christmas vacation.

Oh little J does have that side eye glance with the full size Grinch doesn`t he.....lol.....he is so cute!!

LOL…yes, he did have the side eye on the Grinch.
Er, yes, I have been told I have a very expressionful face and can`t really hide what I`m thinking......this meme is me to a tee....although the older I get the less tolerant I get for idiots.
I have one too. I would not be a very good Poker card player.

And I owe you a big apology ☺️ ......remember the other day we spoke about Errol....and how much I disliked him.....seems I`m eating crow......look what I found when I brought down all our Christmas mugs and crockery.......
That is so funny you like the little furry fellow after all.

Seems we bought this one last December......lol.....I completely forgot!! Can`t really say I dislike the little guy now!!
Now you need to get one of the Earl the Squirrel ornaments.

9D77FB8A-18E6-4A3C-BFBF-3DE4DAB9B5B2.jpeg

EA74FAE3-DF80-45D6-9CD8-A0E1ED7D3ED1.jpeg

I shall e baking gingerbread cookies with DD on Wednesday after school so she can take a bunch of them in for the cake stall at her school fete!
So nice of you to do some baking for your daughters event at school.

I opened a checking account for B when she was in high school. So far she has been very careful about spending money. I hope that continues when she starts to earn more of it.
I think it is a great start with our littles to help them early in starting an education on how handle their finances.

I am back from working my first full day in 17 YEARS. And it was blinking freezing!
I made chicken stock yesterday and am busily turning it into chicken noodle soup for tea, with fresh rolls from our favourite local bakers.
Few days off for fetes and jumper days and baking and such, and then back at it on Friday.
I need to write some Christmas Cards too.
Hoping everyone is doing well today.
Soup sounds yummy.

Robbie that looked like a great shopping day with the ‘lil. Was sad to see they didn’t bring back the choo-choo train in our local mall this year. Macy’s made next to no effort with decorations either here.
There used to be one at the Mall here too. They only had it for a couple of years and I never seen it again.

Macy’s is a disappointment on the Christmas decorations. They always did such a beautiful job.

I forgot to put out anything for dinner. Lost an hour or two today somewhere along the way. Thinking on slicing down some cold leftover chicken, frying some bacon and calling it a club Sammie Of sorts. Alternate menu, tossed salad with same bird in it.
Sometimes the spur of the moment meals turn out great. Hope you son is doing better.

I am about to make kedgeree for dinner
Never heard of that. I had to look it up.

I have picked up DDs cold AGAIN, I feel like she and I have had a cold a month since school went back in September. I, however, am a crock, and all colds go to my lungs so I am a wheezy mess (and we tested for Covid to be safe, and we DON'T have that - we got it in July and it kicked my butt - I actually had to stay in bed and shiver and wheeze for ten days!) I suspect we have been shielding a long time, so getting back to normal, our immune systems are still getting used to everything!
I hope you and your daughter get better soon. I’am sorry to hear of your hubby‘s struggles with cancer. It sounds like your family’s Christmas trip to Universal is a much needed getaway for you all. I hope you a have the best time.

Yep, our immune systems do need to catch up......have fun baking, that`s what I ended up doing this morning, well, rosemary bread and some coconut muffins. Kyle sent me a txt from work saying his boss has asked if I can make some more of my butter shortbread for their buffet on the last day before they break up for Christmas, I sent some in last week and they all loved it. One woman said it was the nicest shortbread she`d ever tasted.....I definitely take all compliments!!
It is always nice when others enjoy your baking. Sounds like you made quite the impression on Kyles boss and office mates.

I went on a class yesterd
Beatiful cupcakes. What our the decorative toppers made of?

Robo lovely photos again. It’s definitely the time of year for little ones.
Thank you. I do love watching the little ones enjoy Christmas.

After many minutes shouting through wheezes at my phone (I am old and don't like using my phone for purchases, but wanted to book through the app) I have booked us HOLIDAY TOUR TICKETS!

Good to hear that after the initial trial you were successful in getting your Tours set up for your trip. Say hi to Earl the Squirrel for me and the Grinch too.

Trying to get caught up on things this morning. I had typed a lot and the page refreshed on it own twice. Not going to type it all again. Dis is acting a little wonky on my end now.

J did take a photo with Santa yesterday at the Mall. He is looking at me with trusting eyes as I told him it would be ok. It melted my heart. You can tell in his eyes he was not going to sit long and he wanted out of there.

Santa was so sweet he got down on the floor and played cars with J as J would not sit on Santas lap.

I was not going to force him to take a photos with Santa. I figured if he wanted a picture with Santa ok if not it was alright too. As with the Grinch he was not afraid of Santa just weary of a new person which is good. This Santa was so sweet.

J sat down quickly in front of Santa and the lady taking the photo had a quick hand as he did not sit there but a minute at tops. Then we were out of there. He did like the paper Reindeer hat for awhile and of course his apple sauce snack.

51B2A041-DDF3-46A9-9D7B-15E1CEBE3376.jpeg

He is sitting in his little blue sports car that has a long handle on it to push it around. He loves it. I wish they had had these when my grandchildren were toddlers.
C2EFA7EA-F781-4430-9B44-7BB515F3D443.jpeg

Last edited:
:cold: still here and freezing our rear-ends off. Supposedly the temps are supposed to get back up to a very mild temperature overnight. But right now, it sure it a tad chilly lol. It's the cold that burns your lungs when you breath in lol. You gotta love living in the north! The heater under my desk has been working overtime trying to keep my office warm.

Busy weekend in the city visiting the kids, and shopping. We got most of our shopping done over the weekend. I just need one more thing for our son-in-law, and then a few packages of socks for the stockings. Now to start on the xmas baking. I like to make enough to give away as gifts to co-workers and friends, and still have a nice variety of a tray for us at home! I am hoping to get started tonight.

I think we will be bringing the tree into the house tonight so it is ready to decorate tomorrow night. We are a real tree family. I am excited to start decorating. I found some new things and can't wait to set them up.

Tonight is stir-fry for dinner tonight. I haven't made one for a bit, so hoping it will be a win tonight.

Well, I should shuffle the last few papers on my desk.

Have a great evening everyone!!!
Hi Pumpkin:

I had to comment on your" living in the north and how cold it is" statements.

I live in extreme northern Minnesota about 100 miles from the Canadian Border. When you talk about cold that burns your lungs, I know EXactly what you are talking about, LOL. I'm trying to adjust to the cold weather but it takes a while!

It's funny, but a lot of local people like the winters better than the summers!!! They love skiing, ice fishing, skating, hocket, etc, etc. I wasn't born in this climate, so I don't feel that way at all:)

Well, just had to mention that you have another "frozen northerner" here:)

View attachment 723556

View attachment 723560

View attachment 723561

View attachment 723562

View attachment 723563

That is awesome that he is so responsible with his money. Will really help him in the future. Good for him.

I think it is wonderful that you have planned such a nice Christmas vacation for your family. It sounds like it will be a nice healing time for your family to get away and enjoy some Christmas cheer. I’am sending prayers for your hubby, your children and you that you all have a very special Christmas vacation.

View attachment 723625

View attachment 723624

I think it is a great start with our littles to help them early in starting an education on how handle their finances.

Soup sounds yummy.

There used to be one at the Mall here too. They only had it for a couple of years and I never seen it again.

Macy’s is a disappointment on the Christmas decorations. They always did such a beautiful job.

Sometimes the spur of the moment meals turn out great. Hope you son is doing better.

I hope you and your daughter get better soon. I’am sorry to hear of your hubby‘s struggles with cancer. It sounds like your family’s Christmas trip to Universal is a much needed getaway for you all. I hope you a have the best time.

It is always nice when others enjoy your baking. Sounds like you made quite the impression on Kyles boss and office mates.

Good to hear that after the initial trial you were successful in getting your Tours set up for your trip. Say hi to Earl the Squirrel for me and the Grinch too.

Trying to get caught up on things this morning. I had typed a lot and the page refreshed on it own twice. Not going to type it all again. Dis is acting a little wonky on my end now.

J did take a photo with Santa yesterday at the Mall. He is looking at me with trusting eyes as I told him it would be ok. It melted my heart. You can tell in his eyes he was not going to sit long and he wanted out of there.

Santa was so sweet he got down on the floor and played cars with J as J would not sit on Santas lap.

I was not going to force him to take a photos with Santa. I figured if he wanted a picture with Santa ok if not it was alright too. As with the Grinch he was not afraid of Santa just weary of a new person which is good. This Santa was so sweet.

J sat down quickly in front of Santa and the lady taking the photo had a quick hand as he did not sit there but a minute at tops. Then we were out of there. He did like the paper Reindeer hat for awhile and of course his apple sauce snack.

View attachment 723627

He is sitting in his little blue sports car that has a long handle on it to push it around. He loves it. I wish they had had these when my grandchildren were toddlers.
View attachment 723630
Thank you so much for all the good wishes. It's been a bit tricky trying to give the kids some normality (even without the additional stress of a global pandemic) and our daughter has really bad anxiety with it all, so, it's super important to find fun things to get her back to her fun loving self - we NEVER do extra paid tours etc, but, the thought of guaranteeing all of those things without having to worry about it swung it for me (plus we are all very aware that this is likely to be our last big trip all together)
Oh, your Santa pictures are super cute! And the hat stayed put long enough for a photo! Result! Have an awesome day

Oh, EDIT. my son and I like kedgeree, it's a rice dish, which I make with smoked haddock, vegetables and boiled eggs, it has turmeric, cumin and curry added. I believe it is something of an Empire / Indian based dish.

It feels good knowing that it's hump day!!! The weekend is on the horizon!

As the forecast predicted, it has warmed up again! It is more tolerable now - and we have a cloudless sunny day to boot! Usually when it warms up - it is grey, dull and overcast. I see that there is a wind. I'm sure it will be gale force winds by this afternoon :( which happens with such a temperature swing. I'ts currently -5C or 23F. Much more tolerable than -40.

I was able to putter around the house last night. Whipped up supper, made some muffins, cleaned the bathroom (which was desperately needing a deep clean) as well as I got to sit down at the sewing machine for a bit as well. I got a few more flowers put together for gd's quilt. It's starting to look pretty cute!!!! I need to run to my favorite fabric store and pick up some backing block fabric so that I can applique them onto the block. I can't wait to see how this turns out!!!! I am still struggling on how to add some yellow as well

Well, that was no help at all. She has been pretty useless the whole sub-term.
I decided to give up on the paper for now and wrap some Christmas presents. We're out of tape. Argh!
Yikes...that accounting mistake sounds like a nightmare. I usually have good sluthing skills and I can find the mistake for customers, it's a simple call to our credit department. Thank goodness I don't have to deal with anyone outside of our company.
I had one professor like that as well. I found her extremely condescending, with very little direction or instructions given.
I think I inherited my mum`s cleaning gene, just not the desire to do it that she has!! My friends do think I`m over the top with cleaning and so on, but I hate untidiness too. Not in an OCD way though......just normal to me. And thank you, seem to be improving today.....fingers crossed!
My mother is the same. Constantly cleaning. As much as I like to have a clean and tidy home, I also refuse to take away from my down / relaxation time. Growing up, she was way too focused on having a clean home than taking time to connect/spend time with us. As mom, I refused to do that to my kids. So I have a love/hate relationship with cleaning and tidying.
Good morning everyone!
I am busily watching you tube videos so I know what holiday snacks not to miss when we get there - there are loads of fun things!! At the same time, I am baking Christmas cupcakes, and gingerbread ready for DD to take to her school Christmas Fete tomorro
I just bought tickets to her Christmas play (she is an Angel and has learnt all her lines and everything.)
DS is still in the middle of Mock Exams (and I recommended him to put a t shirt under his uniform shirt as I was invigilating on Monday and the rooms are COLD!)
:wave2: I hope you start to feel better soon!
Kyle sent me a txt from work saying his boss has asked if I can make some more of my butter shortbread for their buffet on the last day before they break up for Christmas, I sent some in last week and they all loved it. One woman said it was the nicest shortbread she`d ever tasted.....I definitely take all compliments!!

Must get on with some wrapping now.......
Yum!!!! It's great they have asked you to make some!!! I still haven't mastered a good shortbread. I am still searching for the perfect recipe. Hopefully one year, I will get it right I haven't have any complaints from those eating them though ;)
Morning all from a beautiful (but thick frost and below freezing temperatures still) morning. We are still in the caravan! Contractor doing a great job at home but he’s had a couple of holdups so we won’t be finished until next week.
I hope it get completed soon so you can move out of the camper/caravan!
I went on a class yesterday at a local bakery. I have done them previously but always nice to get new ideas.
Those cupcakes look amazing!!!! One day I will have more time to do that! I also would love to decorate some sugar cookies with the royal icing flooding method. One day!!!!!
Ooh, while camel out shopping, hope his drive to the mall didn’t include any monsters in the foggy and light rain early morning we are having. And yay, heater not heard, it’s already 52 degrees out. Woot, as warmer day for us, and rain should be gone after the thunderstorms arrive later this morning. Then a warm cloudy rest of day.
Then you will have a warmer day for your lunch time walk!

That's the sign of an amazing Santa!
I live in extreme northern Minnesota about 100 miles from the Canadian Border. When you talk about cold that burns your lungs, I know EXactly what you are talking about, LOL. I'm trying to adjust to the cold weather but it takes a while!

It's funny, but a lot of local people like the winters better than the summers!!! They love skiing, ice fishing, skating, hocket, etc, etc. I wasn't born in this climate, so I don't feel that way at all:)

Well, just had to mention that you have another "frozen northerner" here:)
Yes!!!! You would know the type of cold then :rotfl: We are in northern Alberta - We are in the Jasper area, and on a clear day, we can see the Rockies in the distance. So because we are kind of in the foothill range, we tend to get the weather swings that they get around Calgary, when the pressure systems get over the mountains. Only our winters are much colder and longer than Calgary/Lethbridge and south areas.

Well, I should get moving on these papers on my desk!

Have a great day everyone!

As the forecast predicted, it has warmed up again! It is more tolerable now - and we have a cloudless sunny day to boot! Usually when it warms up - it is grey, dull and overcast. I see that there is a wind. I'm sure it will be gale force winds by this afternoon :( which happens with such a temperature swing. I'ts currently -5C or 23F. Much more tolerable than -40.

I was able to putter around the house last night. Whipped up supper, made some muffins, cleaned the bathroom (which was desperately needing a deep clean) as well as I got to sit down at the sewing machine for a bit as well. I got a few more flowers put together for gd's quilt. It's starting to look pretty cute!!!! I need to run to my favorite fabric store and pick up some backing block fabric so that I can applique them onto the block. I can't wait to see how this turns out!!!! I am still struggling on how to add some yellow as well

Yikes...that accounting mistake sounds like a nightmare. I usually have good sluthing skills and I can find the mistake for customers, it's a simple call to our credit department. Thank goodness I don't have to deal with anyone outside of our company.
I had one professor like that as well. I found her extremely condescending, with very little direction or instructions given.

My mother is the same. Constantly cleaning. As much as I like to have a clean and tidy home, I also refuse to take away from my down / relaxation time. Growing up, she was way too focused on having a clean home than taking time to connect/spend time with us. As mom, I refused to do that to my kids. So I have a love/hate relationship with cleaning and tidying.

Yum!!!! It's great they have asked you to make some!!! I still haven't mastered a good shortbread. I am still searching for the perfect recipe. Hopefully one year, I will get it right I haven't have any complaints from those eating them though ;)

Those cupcakes look amazing!!!! One day I will have more time to do that! I also would love to decorate some sugar cookies with the royal icing flooding method. One day!!!!!

Yes!!!! You would know the type of cold then :rotfl: We are in northern Alberta - We are in the Jasper area, and on a clear day, we can see the Rockies in the distance. So because we are kind of in the foothill range, we tend to get the weather swings that they get around Calgary, when the pressure systems get over the mountains. Only our winters are much colder and longer than Calgary/Lethbridge and south areas.

Mic Drop!!!! Your win the cold northerner award:)

Oh all the baking sounds AMAZING! and @Realfoodfans those cakes look AWESOME

So, now, we don't need to worry about trying to meet the Grinch or getting in line for Grinchmas, or parades or Harry Potter show or Santa, cos we can do ALL those things.
I also got it for our last full day, which I think is going to be an AWESOME end to our holiday
My husband is disturbed by the distress I experience trying to use tech like a young person!

You`ll love it......The Grinch is the star of UOR @ Christmas.....

View attachment 723556

View attachment 723560

View attachment 723561

View attachment 723562

View attachment 723563

View attachment 723625

View attachment 723624

Soup sounds yummy.

View attachment 723627

View attachment 723630

lol.....I`m not a fan of squirrels in general, so maybe a no on the ornaments...neither of us can remember buying it last Christmas at Universal.......guess we must have.

J is adorable!! He is growing so quickly, you are so fortunate to be able to spend so much time with him, and he obviously loves being with you too.

Yes, I was thrilled when he came home and mentioned the compliments and a completely empty tin with a cute little note!! It`s a pleasure though, I don`t give many friends baked goods for Christmas as they are all better bakers than I am!

Thank you so much for all the good wishes. It's been a bit tricky trying to give the kids some normality (even without the additional stress of a global pandemic) and our daughter has really bad anxiety with it all, so, it's super important to find fun things to get her back to her fun loving self - we NEVER do extra paid tours etc, but, the thought of guaranteeing all of those things without having to worry about it swung it for me (plus we are all very aware that this is likely to be our last big trip all together)
Oh, your Santa pictures are super cute! And the hat stayed put long enough for a photo! Result! Have an awesome day

Oh, EDIT. my son and I like kedgeree, it's a rice dish, which I make with smoked haddock, vegetables and boiled eggs, it has turmeric, cumin and curry added. I believe it is something of an Empire / Indian based dish.

I don`t eat kedgeree as I don`t really like rice very much or eggs, but smoked haddock I love.......except.....in the mornings when hotels serve this as an option!!!!! Not for me then.......but add the haddock to a fish pie for dinner at night.....lush!

Yes, I do my cleaning early in the day, do what I need to do that day and then I`m usually done, I`d never start cleaning the bathrooms at 3pm.....lol....my motivation is gone then. But, no, it would never interfere with family life either.....nothing is worth giving up family time for. I`m lucky though, Tom is as good a housekeeper as I am, so he does his share and I know if I ask him to do most jobs, it`ll be done as well as I do it......except.......setting out the towels in all the bathrooms. We have three bathrooms all with bath and seperate showers, although one is unused most of the year and a downstairs bathroom, but I have colour co-ordinated towels for each one, he never gets towels right and sometimes.......I sometimes think he does it deliberately...... ::yes::

Your quilt for the little one sounds beautiful, and made with love, she`ll adore it!!

Change of plan for dinner tonight, one of my friends popped in for lunch, we had plenty of charcuterie and added a little bit more along with smoked salmon and the bread, sweet & spicy balsamic vinegar and olive oil for dipping, it went down very well with her who said it would have been a ham sandwich for her lunch if we had been out, bless her......she stayed a couple of hours in the end which was lovely and we chuntered the time away sorting out the world!

So, not really hungry tonight for dinner, there were some meats, shrimp and bread left, so it was a snack picnic dinner for us. Then huge pot of tea of course.

Now to decide which Christmas movie we`ll watch tonight.......ho ho ho........as I said a few days ago......my absolutely favourite time of year🎄

And also want to wish our lovely @keishashadow safe travels tomorrow and hope they all have an absolute blast in Orlando!!!!! Can`t wait to hear all about it.......:wave2:

Aw how sweet with J, Robo. Yeah, older one would not even get close to Santa until he was around 6 years old. We would wave from the floor above, as that’s how close we could get when he was a toddler. Little one had no such shyness with characters.

Rain seemed to had passed by us. That dense fog this morning was neat to see. Though accidents news even in the wee hour I was up. Good thing none of us needed to our in that early hour. Though commuting tomorrow, so hoping no fog or monsters on my drives.

Kids want burgers dinner today. Guess that not wanting the other day was just not a burger day. Maybe because so warm compared to the other day. Going to fire up the grill. Yay!

I am almost finished writing this stupid paper. I am so over this class. December 16 can't come soon enough for me. I still have math assignments to complete too.

Oh no. Hope you are better before you have to leave for your trip. Sounds like you have a fabulous vacation planned.

Must get on with some wrapping now..
I still need to do that too. I had to buy some tape today.

Cute! I'm okay at baking, but terrible at decorating.

Aww...I don't blame him for being cautious. I was wary of Santa at that age. Glad you were able to get a picture. What a great Santa.

I got a few more flowers put together for gd's quilt. It's starting to look pretty cute!!!! I need to run to my favorite fabric store and pick up some backing block fabric so that I can applique them onto the block. I can't wait to see how this turns out!!!! I am still struggling on how to add some yellow as well
I'd love to see it when it's finished.

I'm going to call it a night. I took a little nap this afternoon, so hopefully I can still get to sleep and not be wide awake for too long.

I did not realize it was 70 today until I went outside to get the mail.
Tomorrow will be another good weather day for us.

Not looking forward when the temps start to drop.
I have adjusted to warm weather and pleased winters are not harsh.

I know it will happen…

Charade, hope sleep comes easily for you tonight.

Yay for good weather days for Mac. Ah glad you won’t see that white four letter word anytime soon now. Hehe, was in North Carolina one time long ago, and they got a dusting of snow. Shut the town down. No one knew had to drive, nor had tires made for wintery conditions. Unlike us, we have those all season tires, and all my family knows how to drive in those wintery conditions.

Ah, a dark Thursday morning.
Not the best picture, but the wreath on my front door:
CFBF9616-A858-4277-B6F8-04C9D4CCD838.jpeg

Yay was still lit when I left. Unlike the lights along my driveway.

But was a quick enough commute, and office feels warm. Well it should be. Was 49 when I left over an hour ago. And almost a bad hair day. My still damp hair May dry quicker, if I walk outside later. Close to 20 mph winds today. Yeah, even if dips the feels like temp, 53 the high today. Should be that around when that hurry back routine is.

And so, no matter where I am, I do try to be that early bird tea drinker. And I am this morning. Was thirsty, as I settled in. Kinda fitting.

Yes, it’s that ever so happy day, to enjoy more than a few glasses, mugs, cups, bottles, or cans of your favorite drink or drinks. Water in there, good to drink. Either way, make sure hydrated on this Thirsty Thursday.

You know,
9AC24293-5390-49C0-B097-4202200ADA2B.jpeg
::yes::

Yay, now a day closer. :santa::dancer:

Thank carole, getting ready to rouse the troops for the invasion. Weird to have an afternoon flight, usually crack of dawn for us.
The weather forecast has changed for our dates…supposed to flirt with 80 degrees. :banana:perfect weather for middle DS to continue to pass his new found kidney stones while gearing up for another surgery when we come home:santa:

orlando’s best kept secret is…earl the squirrel is a rodent. I do find the backstory amusing, fits in with U being a bit left of center.

Safe travels Keisha! And have a fabulous blast of fun while there. Yeah, squirrels are furry tailed rats. LoL Time of year hope they don’t try to make a home in your home.

:wave2: It's a quick stop in!!!!

Papers are still covering my desk. I should have most of them shuffled by the end of the day today.

We brought the tree in last night. Tonight is tree decorating and chirstmasfying the house. It's time to get some Xmas in the house!

I am not sure what is on the menu yet tonight. I have chicken defrosting. It will be a spur of the moment decision

Temps are very balmy (for us) today which I am loving. The forecast is calling for them to fall again, but tolerable temperature. No extreme cold warnings though. - which makes me happy!!!!

Off to shuffle more papers.

Just wanted to wish everyone a great day today!!!!!

Hello everyone!
I don't know what I am doing today, which is crazy cos it's 10pm.
I have been to the fete. I didn't win the raffle, but I did play some of the games, and I have missed these types of things.
Not to be political, but, I am really upset about the Border Force strikes. We *need* this holiday. It might be our last chance, and now, who knows if we can even go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter