Something About Nothing............ #14

Good Friday morning.

It is 22 hours and 50 minutes until Christmas.
View attachment 722682

View attachment 722684

View attachment 722685

Thank you Carole. We did enjoy all the family and good food. Yes, I’am going to take everyone up on the help for Christmas Eve. Looking forward to having more free time to enjoy visiting with everyone.

Your so welcome. You are missed when you are gone.

Sounds like you are staying caught up on your Christmas gift buying and wrapping too. It does make things less stressful during what is supposed to be a fun time of the year.

Sounds like a wonderful morning. It seems like time is passing so quickly. Christmas will be here before you know it.

Thank you Mac.

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas too disneyseniors.

Welcome to the Sans family. Mac has made this a wonderful place for all of us to communicate and stay in the loop of all the latest news at Universal Orlando and everything else.

Crossing fingers and toes that you get the job.

Wow….are you on or near a fault line. That is scary.

Sounds like the perfect gift. Going as a family and making memories in the sunshine state.

The Nutcracker is my favorite. I love to listen to the CD while I’am decorating for Christmas or making cookies. The ballet is my favorite. It just puts one in the Christmas spirit and it is a classic.

There is a old train that runs for a bit down the Train tracks in French Lick Indiana. They turned it into the Polar Express during the Christmas season and it is sold out usually every year.

Sounds like a yummy meal.

That is cold.

The quilt sounds beautiful. I look forward to seeing your picture when its finished.

Charade what a nice surprise for your hubby. I’am sure he will love it.

Good to have you joining the family Drunkjam. Christmas at Universal will be wonderful. Sounds like they have a lot of fun things going on for Christmas.

Happy belated birthday to your son.

View attachment 722690

Cold and overcast morning here. I need to get out and get some grocery shopping done today.

Might stop in to Home Goods and have a look around. They always have such nice Christmas items and displays. I don’t need anymore Christmas things, but it’s nice to have a look. Never know….LOL

I’am thinking of taking a day trip to Mall at Green Hills in Nashville or The Fashion Mall at Keystone in Indianapolis for a fun day of shopping. Going to see if the ladies in the family would like to do this. These are bigger Malls with more stores then our local Mall here. Would be a nice fun day trip.

Going to mail Christmas cards while I’am out today. We have already received a few cards already.

Need to get scootin.

Have a wonderful Friday everyone doing what ever makes you happy.

Thank you Robbie......

Hope you get some shopping done, I avoid "real" shopping this time of year, but I do love a wander round to see how the stores are all decorated, and if there`s a Christmas market.....I`m there!! Online is easier, but not as festive for sure....You can never have too many decorations and there`s always something new to find.......I`m such an easy target for new products!!! Have a lovely wander.......

Our sky looked like it was going to snow all day today, but it was just very low cloud, chilly but mild which is weird, not a breath of breeze last few days so that fog has just hung around the coastline.

Not eating till later tonight, just a few things to stick in the oven for snacks, some bread to slice I baked earlier, and some shrimp to butterfly and serve with a little charcuterie board.....although it is bigger than I planned! We`ll nibble later.....

Bit of a lazy afternoon catching up with emails and marvelling how early it`s getting dark now.....I love it though, I`m a sucker for cosy winter nights!!

Happy Friday! I just finished a math test, so that marks the end of week 6. Only 2 more weeks in the semester. Tomorrow I will start work on my paper. I am so tired of writing papers and essays.

Hi everyone.
I hope I can introduce myself and join in here?

Still, we're all booked for RPR over Christmas, and we have never been to Universal, so... here I am.
Welcome DJ! Christmas is a fun time to go to Universal and you picked great hotel.

Been to school this morning to do my reading sessions, it was fun as always. But, why is there always one.......I need to turn this into a postcard and give it to someone.....competitiveness is such an ugly trait!!
Wait....if I remember correctly you are reading to children? Someone is trying to get competitive over that?

Might stop in to Home Goods and have a look around. They always have such nice Christmas items and displays. I don’t need anymore Christmas things, but it’s nice to have a look. Never know….LOL
We are getting a Home Goods in our little town soon. I don't think I've ever been to one.

and little one is getting ready for her finals,
B only has 2 finals this semester. She should be done by December 12. Is your daughter graduating this semester?

So no more schoolwork for me today. I need to think about where to go for dinner before the concert tonight. We are going to Roanoke, so possibly Cuban. We don't have any Cuban restaurants in my town.

Hello All. Dropping in from our caravan as thankfully our contractor arrived on Tuesday and the groundwork is well underway for the driveway and through into the garden for the caravan storage.

We have come to a farm site only 6 miles from home. Fabulous views across the fields to the hills. Having to get up extra early to drive home for the school run but now got the weekend clear to do lots of walks and catch up on some old style Christmas movies. Amazed that today about a dozen others have arrived on site too. We’ve all got Christmas lights on.

Hello DrunkJam from another Brit. Hope your trip goes well. My son and family have just returned from Orlando and youngest grandchild has now joined the rest of us in our love for the Mouse and all his friends!

Not going crazy on gifts here but I’m still way behind on shopping. We are going down to Devon next weekend though and I have a few favourite shops there that will help. Few parcels due to arrive too. Standing by our postal workers fighting to protect the service and their futures.

Some of your temperatures are really dropping and though it’s been very mild here it’s due to chill down very quickly this week. I’m hoping for some frosty scenes across the fields.

Hope everyone has something good planned for this weekend.

Hello All. Dropping in from our caravan as thankfully our contractor arrived on Tuesday and the groundwork is well underway for the driveway and through into the garden for the caravan storage.

We have come to a farm site only 6 miles from home. Fabulous views across the fields to the hills. Having to get up extra early to drive home for the school run but now got the weekend clear to do lots of walks and catch up on some old style Christmas movies. Amazed that today about a dozen others have arrived on site too. We’ve all got Christmas lights on.

Hello DrunkJam from another Brit. Hope your trip goes well. My son and family have just returned from Orlando and youngest grandchild has now joined the rest of us in our love for the Mouse and all his friends!

Not going crazy on gifts here but I’m still way behind on shopping. We are going down to Devon next weekend though and I have a few favourite shops there that will help. Few parcels due to arrive too. Standing by our postal workers fighting to protect the service and their futures.

Some of your temperatures are really dropping and though it’s been very mild here it’s due to chill down very quickly this week. I’m hoping for some frosty scenes across the fields.

Hope everyone has something good planned for this weekend.
Hi!
I hope all your works go well. (We're having the kitchen done in February's and I am excited and terrified at once)
I am a tiny bit sad that the 16yo has (for now) aged out of the mouse. Hence Universal (well, and DD loves minions so...) but, having researched I am actually excited to see some new things! They are both out at Scouts at the moment.
Yes, it has got a lot chillier all of a sudden, I have had to light the fire the past couple of days!
I find I get anxious about the post (mostly because I am waiting for stuff from Australia, and I hope it doesn't get lost in the backlog - but, I do believe in the right to strike and the importance of T&C and actual living wages etc.

I noticed some chatter that sounds like it is crossing the gray area of politics

Can’t have posts fall into the zone of political chat in the boards

You can feel free to talk about it by emails all you want but need to stay clear of it on the Dis

I noticed some chatter that sounds like it is crossing the gray area of politics

Can’t have posts fall into the zone of political chat in the boards

You can feel free to talk about it by emails all you want but need to stay clear of it on the Dis
oops. Sorry

Happy Friday! I just finished a math test, so that marks the end of week 6. Only 2 more weeks in the semester. Tomorrow I will start work on my paper. I am so tired of writing papers and essays.

Wait....if I remember correctly you are reading to children? Someone is trying to get competitive over that?

So no more schoolwork for me today. I need to think about where to go for dinner before the concert tonight. We are going to Roanoke, so possibly Cuban. We don't have any Cuban restaurants in my town.

How funny, that’s my idea of fun…..writing!

Not over the reading at school, that’s fun, but competitive with anything I seem to mention….getting tiresome, but at least others have noticed too…..it’s quite funny really For a grown woman.

I‘ve only been to one Cuban restaurant, 2 if you include Bongo’s in DTD which was dreadful back in 2007, but it was lovely, in Mount Dora.

Roanoke always sounds so lovely…….I hope it is.

Sounds like many are steps ahead being ready for christmas!

Someone remind me to buy my Christmas cards soon.

I only do 4 cards and keep forgetting to add them on my to do list

lol……I’ll remind you! I’ve been meaning to pick up gift tags for 4 weeks now, I just hope I remember who each gift is for!

Glad your weather is on the up soon…….can you send some sunshine over here and get rid of this darn sea fog! Please……:)

Think I have the dreaded bug that’s going around……after getting rid of the last one! Think Kyle shared it with me……kind of him, poor soul he was bad, Tom is making me a hot toddy of JD, hot lemonade, honey, a whole lemon squeezed into it and some pulped down ginger…….he’s a gem!

Then might head to bed……..need some sleep.

Hope you are feeling better tomorrow, Schumi. Mummy dust well wishes sent across to pond to you.

Well, apparently no one was hungry for dinner, including me. Later lunch was later enough, the donuts little one picked up from a local donut shop, went fine with my evening tea an hour ago. Donut dinner? I guess.

House is toasty, so may turn heat down a bit. I don’t mind throwing a cover over me, if feel a bit cool.

To be chance of rain falling right at drawn tomorrow. But a quick passing of rain, as predicted to not even be close to a half inch of rain to fall and end by lunchtime. Then maybe even seeing some sun in the afternoon. And yay, rainy low weather system is coming from the South, so warmest day in some time. Seeing around 60 degrees tomorrow as the high. And unlike the 23 degrees that greeted us this morning, won’t go below 40 this overnight.

Have a most fantastic weekend.

I need more tea. Ahh, what a nice Friday night.

schumi
Hope you feel better quickly
and you don’t end up on our sick list

Thanks mac.....off the sick list this morning, that hot toddy and a good nights sleep worked a treat. One of those 24 hour bugs I think.

Beautiful Saturday morning here, although there are some spots of rain, but we have sunshine for the first time in a week!! That seafret/fog is quite disconcerting after a while, and I can look out the front of our house and see the sea for the first time too.

Slept late, and enjoyed my husband making me a lovely breakfast of croissants, bacon and some sliced up fruit which was so gorgeous, and of course a large pot of tea.....nothing quite like that first pot of freshly brewed tea of the day.

Then, did some housework, not much and now planning to park my backside in either the kitchen sofa`s or back tv room and watch some Christmas DVD`s with Tom, we have a dvd player in most rooms, so wherever we end up we can watch them......

Lunch will be Chicken Spring rolls I made a few weeks ago and froze them, and made some cream cheese stuffed small spicy peppers this morning with some store bought hoi sin sauce for dipping. Won`t eat too many of them though as breakfast was filling. Tonight is teriyaki/thai sweet chilli chicken with stir fry noodles for Tom and Plum/thai sweet chilli mix for me with added fresh ginger and pineapple for me......lush!! I had said if I didn`t feel good we`d just get takeout, but, I feel fine.

1670069182990.png

1670069043781.png

1670069113460.png

1670069289093.png

Ooh here comes that yellow and dark green weather radar long blob of rain. Heavy rain as it passes mid morning. But hopefully it passes by me by the lunchtime hour, as predicted as of now news this morning.

And so, a relaxing Saturday is here. Glad to hear Schumi is feeling good today, and has nice weather today. Good sounding meals today too.

For me, it’s that early breakfast time. Decided pancakes. Easy, and make however many from the mix I make. Off to do that too, as hungry.

So that super duper so happy Saturday to all.

Mr Mac is still sleeping….
cats woke me up at 7:30

They wanted food

so I need a short nap soon

I love a nap mac......especially in the winter, something very cosy about it.

Those cats......lol.......

It`s turned nasty here, a very cold easterly wind is blowing and been drizzling all day despite the sunshine. Bring back the fog!!!

I went out to look at the outdoor Christmas lights our gardener very kindly put up for us this afternoon with Tom`s help, spent about 30 seconds admiring them, told him they were beautiful and went back in to him laughing saying I lasted longer than he thought I would! It`s been pitch black for almost an hour, so it`s always better to see them in the dark.

Made him a hot chocolate with rum to warm him up as his wife was coming to pick him up, so he could have alcohol. Then he just had the rum......lol.....don`t think his wife was too pleased...oh well.

Rain is bouncing down now, so I`m glad they got the lights up before it started really heavy.

Too early for dinner by a couple of hours, so we`ve cracked open a bottle of red.......and a little bowl of spicy bbq coated peanuts....love them!

Have no idea what to do for dinner
unless it is carry out from the Choo Choo for bbq

When I come visit you, we’re gonna have so much food from Choo Choo’s!!

Carry out is always a good idea……… ::yes::

Enjoyed Trading Places tonight after our stir fries, they were nice, mine was laden with ginger which Tom hates, so separate stir fries for us. And a lovely bottle of red wine.

Winter seems to have arrived tonight, it’s blustery, windy and raining, not a night to be out and one of those nights I’m glad we don‘t have a dog!!!

Been invited to a friends house for an earlyish brunch tomorrow, she always puts on a feast, so we’ll go for an hour and take a bottle of fizzy with us as she always has mimosas or plain bubbly for me and some others.

Not long till bedtime…….though I think Tom is developing what I had last night, he has a runny nose, but hasn’t stopped him drinking red wine! If he’s like this in the morning we’ll pass on the brunch, don’t want to share the germs!

It gets dark so fast. Now we are deciding, burgers, this very local kinda Mexican food place, or I’m hoping to convince for bbq too. But no Choo Choo here, A very local Bandit one that supports the veterans. Their brisket and mac and cheese are excellent, as well I really like their bbq sauce. Eh, for now we are doing a Trader Joe and state store run.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter