Something About Nothing............ #14

Monykalyn your decorations look beautiful. I’ve promised GD we will do them 2nd December when she is home that weekend. Waiting on a parcel now with a couple of new Disney ornaments for our tree in the lounge.

Woke up to a photo of littlest GS first sight of Mickey - gorgeous! They are having lovely weather.

Taco Tuesday for Mac?

Attachments

• FA904F4D-7BDA-4A1D-A1DA-BDAADA005848.jpeg
    FA904F4D-7BDA-4A1D-A1DA-BDAADA005848.jpeg
    52.2 KB · Views: 6
Robo do hope your DH is recovering. That’s the type of incidents happened to me. The dizziness is awful but something I get a warning.
Charade that shooting is so sad. Awful for the family and employees.
Schumi well done to Kyle. Also the shoebox appeal is a great charity. Our church is doing them too and at AZ we used to be a coordination centre - we would make up over 1,000 boxes but sadly stopped when we retired nobody would take it on.

We had a great day in Manchester yesterday. Christmas markets, a lovely Keto meal at one of favourite restaurants (Fazenda is Argentinian and all meats), then the Aled Jones & Russell Watson Christmas concert. I don’t think they will be known over with you but maybe you would remember Aled from being a little boy who sang “The Snowman” for the movie. Now 51. For a finale they sang that song and the audience were thrilled.

DS and DIL enjoying their Orleans break and sends lots of photos of little one.

Hope everyone has a good week x

The Shoe Box charities do an amazing job. Thank goodness for volunteers. We have four shoboxes so far, but will do more as they always need extra. I think our church could do more, but some folks just don`t do it, but the main charity always gets plenty.

Thanks he did great on the run wearing a kilt!

Good morning homies!

Hey mac....... :wave2:

(Bit late I know)

I was the opposite of you last night, went to bed around 9ish, I was shattered.

Hi all!
Anyone else starting with decorations? will be gone over thanksgiving so needed to get a start. Heading to Orlando on thursday.
Ellie gave a look at the decorations-guess she approved. She didn't try to attack the Grinch. Nemo is just happy his bed is by the fire.

Hope all are well. Been busy around here with end of marching season for son, which goes right into musical season (done this past saturday-kinda-he's helping tear down/clean up tonight then out to dinner with friends)
Paige went hunting with her grandad and dad-she got a nice buck yesterday. Grandpa mounting the antlers for her.
Enjoying the calm before the storm of next several weeks LOL-literally as we are supposed to get accumulating snow tonight.
Stay healthy friends!

Hey Monyk.......good to see you post!!!

Lovely picture and don`t blame you for the decorations going up early with you going away....we`re waiting till the 27th to start putting things up this year, usually first week in December for us, but can`t wait this year....so up they go.

Have a lovely time in Orlando........

Yesterday had a lovely morning doing the classroom reading sessions again. The woman who covered while I was off wasn`t as good apparently......I was glad to hear that in a way!! But, kids just love the books and tales I`m glad to say.

We had Kyle for lunch yesterday as his car was in for it`s service, that`s it 2 years old now, he took the day off as he has spare days to use up. Mercedes wanted it in for 8am, but never give you it back till late. They gave him an all electric SUV as a courtesy car which was a nice drive I have to say, but still don`t like the idea of all electric for me. Made the steak in ale into a steak pie for dinner.....flaky, buttery puff pastry on top, very winter warming home cooked dish, it was lovely.

Spent most of the afternoon baking and cooking a couple of potato dishes for a church event tomorrow morning, they were let down very last minute so the Bat signal went out for any help they can get.

Supposed to rain most of the day today, we only have to drop off the baking and food we made to the church early this morning, then spending the day mooching around the house doing little bits and bobs of not very much. Usual daily housekeeping stuff of course, nothing exciting.

Time for early pot of tea

i-md9qXLr-S.gif

cv67-S.jpg

Happy Tuesday :)

Ooh we are going to be that below freezing by the end of the week. We are still just above freezing, with hoping the lunchtime walk is dry. Rainy afternoon, heavy rain throughout the night. Will be a cold feeling rain, that’s for sure.

Guess, it’s Taco Tuesday is here. Need to be eating those tacos next to the fire, maybe sharing a teeny bit with Nemo. So good to hear from ya, MonyK. Enjoy your trip coming up. Hehe, our dogs always took a vent to sleep next to, when it was cold. Eh, never too early for those holiday decorations by Thanksgiving. Zoo lights are this Thursday at the big Zoo. Will put us in that holiday mode. But will be getting our winter hats and gloves, so certainly will feeling like winter weather by Thursday night. We did get our decorations out, just will most like start this weekend.

And so, what’s cutie, Real’s GS. Hope they have a fabulous time.

Mac, hope you got to allele not much after you posted. Will be at least maybe up that late by Thursday night. So glad to be having a lazy Friday. But at least today, you can enjoy no cooking and a Taco Bell meal.

Thus, tea for me, as up that almost way too early. Besides the traffic, weather and criminal news, big story is our football team laid an egg. First lost, at home no less. I guess if that’s the only big story, it’s a good thing.

Ooh just heard a train. Yes, it is a week day. And ugh, commuting in that cold very early morning rainy weather tomorrow. Thankfully, it’s a one and done, as back to that telecommuting to end this shorter week.

So, a chilly good morning as said by this homie, hope all have a much warmer one than mine. And have a taco today, as 🌮, hehe, Taco Tuesday.

Good Tuesday morning Sans family.

39 days 15 hours and 10 minutes until Christmas
DCAC78B7-E77C-4FE3-A3A6-133FA1E1CB9E.gif

Goodness me, hope your husband is doing much better now. Dehydration can cause all sorts of reactions. Men never want to go get treatment, they don`t like making a fuss do they! Glad you got him there and he`s sorted now.
Hubby is getting better thank you. Your right men don‘t like making a fuss about getting looked at if they are sick.

Thanks Kyle had a lot of fun yesterday and looked fabulous!
Great he had a good time and you and your hubby enjoyed watching him.

Snow? That not so happy 4 letter word. I can think of another, potty mouth 4 letter word for it. Ack, Robo. Early for snow in my book. Though a couple of years ago, we had snow on Halloween. And that, is just wrong. Sigh, have always lived in a four season area. And have had some winters that are what the
Yep, snow is that unhappy 4 letter word this time of year. It is beautiful to look at. Still a few things that need to get accomplished outdoors before I give up on the garden this year.

Robo do hope your DH is recovering. That’s the type of incidents happened to me. The dizziness is awful but something I get a warning.
Thank you RFF hubby is getting better.

Anyone else starting with decorations? will be gone over thanksgiving so needed to get a start. Heading to Orlando on thursday.
Ellie gave a look at the decorations-guess she approved. She didn't try to attack the Grinch. Nemo is just happy his bed is by the fire.
Your decorations are beautiful. I already have all my decorations up. It just makes the house so cheerful. I do like having decorations up early so we can enjoy them for awhile. Enjoy your time in Orlando.

Woke up to a photo of littlest GS first sight of Mickey - gorgeous! They are having lovely weather.
What an adorable photo. He must like Mickey a lot to get such a sweet reaction.

It is glum looking out today. Supposed to have a few sprinkles this morning. Then just over cast for the rest of the day.

Was able to get Christmas decorations up last week. Being able to turn the tree lights on everyday makes the house so cheerful.

Potter Tree in formal living room. I added a few things from my trips to Universal this year. I also leave this up all year long.
B43E2988-7873-43BE-8049-7ECAE1CED1E8.jpeg

4D1B2699-BE0A-45BF-84DF-1910B0E64EAA.jpeg

Nutcracker Tree in Kitchen. Need to find a new topper for this tree. This tree is a a nod to hubby‘s German heritage.
A37E28A5-2AD1-4B5B-9B88-DAA365F76150.jpeg

798E9A06-E28D-4DEE-A1B6-973002DD5DF7.jpeg

Angel tree in Formal Living room.

AA7E6134-ADD7-4D42-B37A-0F8979B07B48.jpeg

Hallway entry Trees
30A666C6-C448-4B41-8E28-0C52A378414C.jpeg

Elf Tree in dining room. I leave this up all year long…..LOL
FC642A2C-FA15-4A9C-ABEC-5449BD4B134B.jpeg

I love this sad little Charlie Brown Tree my older sister gave me a few years ago. I put my Hallmark Charlie Brown family musicians under it each year. You punch the button on one of them and they all play a song.

7B5C8B26-CBE2-4B29-B54E-5662DA4C5D86.jpeg

Here’s my Charlie Brown lighted tree group. You push a button and they light up at intervals and play music.

4CD13DA0-05D7-4D9B-9235-6E34CF975569.jpeg

I don‘t have my Hogwarts display up yet. Need to do that. Little by little.

Did pick up a few things for Christmas yesterday. Need to wrap a few things today and I have an errand to run.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday doing what ever makes you happy.

Finally getting to do a stop in!!! I started a post yesterday and never got to finish it! Busy busy busy

We are out of the deep freeze and temps have returned to more tolerable levels. We are currently hovering around 0C or 32F. That I can handle and deal with. We now have a sloppy mess everywhere, but that's alright. Usually when it warms up like that, we get overcast days - but we have had bright sunny days! I'll take all the vitamin D I can get. Lord knows we need it in winter.

I had a good holiday weekend. I did not get out to any Remembrance Day celebrations, but I did watch the televised one from our capital city. It was a busy weekend with a couple of extra shifts worked. Got in some cleaning and puttering around the house. Baking done, meal prep for the week completed and groceries bought. I enjoyed the extra day off - even though I worked an evening shift at the second job. It was nice to have the extra time to putter around the house, and have a little down time to myself.

Well our hunters were successful and our freezer will be overflowing. Ds got his elk buck and dh got his elk doe. So we are set for the year for meat - besides a little chicken here and there. I prefer chicken - but a freezer full of red meat that came to us relatively cheaper than buying it means it's a red meat winter again.

Well its has been a bit busy here the past few days. Hubby fell in the family room Tuesday evening. He fell to his knees and caught himself. I wanted to take him to the ER to be evaluated and he refused. He said he felt a little dizzy and unsteady. He finally relented on Wednesday Morning.

He was still not feeling well. Went to the ER and they did a full work up with CT and MRI and blood work. Doc said he was a little dehydrated so they gave him some IV fluids In ER and through the night In his room.
It's good to hear your dh is recovering. How scary that must have been for you and the family.
I had a quick trip to the mall after lunch. I was looking for a pair of inexpensive bedroom slippers. I want to keep them in my suitcase for whenever we travel. I always forget to pack slippers. The last hotel we stayed in had a floor that felt kinda gross under my feet.
That is an awesome tip!!!!! I'll be doing that as well! I hate walking around in hotel rooms with bare feet. I have a small dressing gown - housecoat that stays in my suitcase as well. Now I'll be looking for a little pair of slippers to keep in there as well.
Hope all are well. Been busy around here with end of marching season for son, which goes right into musical season (done this past saturday-kinda-he's helping tear down/clean up tonight then out to dinner with friends)
Paige went hunting with her grandad and dad-she got a nice buck yesterday. Grandpa mounting the antlers for her.
Enjoying the calm before the storm of next several weeks LOL-literally as we are supposed to get accumulating snow tonight.
Stay healthy friends!
Congrats to Paige!!! That is an accomplishment! Hopefully you don't get too much snow.
Yesterday had a lovely morning doing the classroom reading sessions again. The woman who covered while I was off wasn`t as good apparently......I was glad to hear that in a way!! But, kids just love the books and tales I`m glad to say.
It's great you are back doing the reading sessions again! Did you get your coat? I can't remember if you said it came it. I thought I read you were going to pick it up. Hopefully your happy with it. I found one on our recent trip to the city. I am between sizes. So lighter meals again and heading into the gym to hopefully slim out a little bit more again :rolleyes: :scared:
Ooh we are going to be that below freezing by the end of the week. We are still just above freezing, with hoping the lunchtime walk is dry. Rainy afternoon, heavy rain throughout the night. Will be a cold feeling rain, that’s for sure.
Hopefully it doesn't get too cold - that it gets icy! That type of ice is a nightmare to drive on.
Potter Tree in formal living room. I added a few things from my trips to Universal this year. I also leave this up all year long.
Your decorating is amazing! I love love love the Potter tree. I would love to have more than the one tree we have. I also seen your elf tree had a few items I used to see at Pier 1 when I worked there! I still miss that store for the amazing holiday decor they had.

Well, I should start the daily paper shuffle. My tea is done - the signal to start working.

Have a great day everyone!

Good Tuesday morning Sans family.

39 days 15 hours and 10 minutes until Christmas
View attachment 718897

Hubby is getting better thank you. Your right men don‘t like making a fuss about getting looked at if they are sick.

Great he had a good time and you and your hubby enjoyed watching him.

Yep, snow is that unhappy 4 letter word this time of year. It is beautiful to look at. Still a few things that need to get accomplished outdoors before I give up on the garden this year.

Thank you RFF hubby is getting better.

Your decorations are beautiful. I already have all my decorations up. It just makes the house so cheerful. I do like having decorations up early so we can enjoy them for awhile. Enjoy your time in Orlando.

What an adorable photo. He must like Mickey a lot to get such a sweet reaction.

It is glum looking out today. Supposed to have a few sprinkles this morning. Then just over cast for the rest of the day.

Was able to get Christmas decorations up last week. Being able to turn the tree lights on everyday makes the house so cheerful.

View attachment 718903

View attachment 718904

Nutcracker Tree in Kitchen. Need to find a new topper for this tree. This tree is a a nod to hubby‘s German heritage.
View attachment 718907

View attachment 718905

Angel tree in Formal Living room.

View attachment 718906

Hallway entry Trees
View attachment 718908

Elf Tree in dining room. I leave this up all year long…..LOL
View attachment 718909

I love this sad little Charlie Brown Tree my older sister gave me a few years ago. I put my Hallmark Charlie Brown family musicians under it each year. You punch the button on one of them and they all play a song.

View attachment 718910

Here’s my Charlie Brown lighted tree group. You push a button and they light up at intervals and play music.

View attachment 718911

I don‘t have my Hogwarts display up yet. Need to do that. Little by little.

Did pick up a few things for Christmas yesterday. Need to wrap a few things today and I have an errand to run.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday doing what ever makes you happy.

Lovely displays and pictures as always Robbie.

It`s so much fun putting up decorations and trees.....I can`t wait to do ours!

Finally getting to do a stop in!!! I started a post yesterday and never got to finish it! Busy busy busy

We are out of the deep freeze and temps have returned to more tolerable levels. We are currently hovering around 0C or 32F. That I can handle and deal with. We now have a sloppy mess everywhere, but that's alright. Usually when it warms up like that, we get overcast days - but we have had bright sunny days! I'll take all the vitamin D I can get. Lord knows we need it in winter.

I had a good holiday weekend. I did not get out to any Remembrance Day celebrations, but I did watch the televised one from our capital city. It was a busy weekend with a couple of extra shifts worked. Got in some cleaning and puttering around the house. Baking done, meal prep for the week completed and groceries bought. I enjoyed the extra day off - even though I worked an evening shift at the second job. It was nice to have the extra time to putter around the house, and have a little down time to myself.

Well our hunters were successful and our freezer will be overflowing. Ds got his elk buck and dh got his elk doe. So we are set for the year for meat - besides a little chicken here and there. I prefer chicken - but a freezer full of red meat that came to us relatively cheaper than buying it means it's a red meat winter again.

It's good to hear your dh is recovering. How scary that must have been for you and the family.

That is an awesome tip!!!!! I'll be doing that as well! I hate walking around in hotel rooms with bare feet. I have a small dressing gown - housecoat that stays in my suitcase as well. Now I'll be looking for a little pair of slippers to keep in there as well.

Congrats to Paige!!! That is an accomplishment! Hopefully you don't get too much snow.

It's great you are back doing the reading sessions again! Did you get your coat? I can't remember if you said it came it. I thought I read you were going to pick it up. Hopefully your happy with it. I found one on our recent trip to the city. I am between sizes. So lighter meals again and heading into the gym to hopefully slim out a little bit more again :rolleyes: :scared:

Hopefully it doesn't get too cold - that it gets icy! That type of ice is a nightmare to drive on.

Your decorating is amazing! I love love love the Potter tree. I would love to have more than the one tree we have. I also seen your elf tree had a few items I used to see at Pier 1 when I worked there! I still miss that store for the amazing holiday decor they had.

Well, I should start the daily paper shuffle. My tea is done - the signal to start working.

Oh that is cold Pumpkin!! But, agree get that Vitamin C from the sunshine, even if it is cold, do you the world of good.

Nothing wrong with lots of red meat, it`s a staple for us, maybe not Elk....lol....but steak and lamb are always on our menu options.

Yes, actually my friend picked the coat up for me as she was going that way, I know what you mean about between sizes, I went for the bigger size and it might be a tiny bit too tight.......lol....oh dear!! I type that as I enjoy a cup of tea with some home made buttery shortbread.......lol......

Another busy day. Dropped off my baking and some potato dishes I made for the meal, they had a good lot of donations so I think it will have covered what they needed. Feeding 60 people last minute isn`t an easy feat. The church has a wonderful lady who organises almost everything they do and she is amazing at it, she manages to just get folks to do what`s needed. I like her a lot.

Did some housework when we got home and watched the rain pour down all day and got steadily heavier.

Heard our eggs are being rationed over here......we have no worries as we get all our eggs fresh from the farm next to us, usually more than we can use as I don`t eat eggs, but I do bake. But, never knew there was a shortage.

Maple bacon chicken tonight for us, I need to bring back more of that seasoning next time too! Made mini roast potatoes and roasted carrots and parsnips, very nice too.

Having tea and shortbread now.....then some tv later I think, watching a box set of the 80`s Scottish detective show Taggart from the beginning.....takes you back!!

Robo your trees are always inspiring! All look beautiful.
You probably know Schumi egg shortage is due to avian flu in some areas meaning those areas have to keep all hens inside. We get ours locally too thankfully as on Keto we use a lot for omelettes or crustless quiche etc!
Red meat lovers here but lots of chicken as grandchildren prefer it. I was tidying up the fridges and freezers before I collected the supermarket order this morning and trying to free up a couple of drawer space ready for Christmas food and found so much chicken stashed in different drawers I’ve now planned chicken meals for the next few nights.
Kev has eaten any red meat offered but I’m not so adventurous - kangaroo and crocodile for example no thank you!
Bedtime for us so I will search for a radio play to listen to while I try to settle down.
Goodnight all.

Hello! Quick check in. I just came to a good stopping point with my homework. Part of my math lesson this week is about weights and measures. I was watching a video lecture (from the online textbook, not by my actual professor) and it stated that there are 2 ounces in a cup, 2 cups to a pint, etc. I took a screenshot of the video and sent it to my professor. Gee, I wonder why some people struggle with math. For those of you not familiar with our measuring system, there are 8 ounces in a cup.

I also found out that one of my math professor's children works at the restaurant where the shooting was. He didn't say if he/she was there when it happened.

Monday I woke up to the news that 3 football players had been fatally shot at the University of Virginia. It's just getting crazy.

Little one gets the week of Thanksgiving off. So she’ll be relaxing before finals start shortly thereafter. Last year, they shortened the term, and finals were the week after Thanksgiving. This year, she gets a week of study after. Can’t believe almost done. So close for her now.
Is she graduating at the end of this semester? B still has 4 credit hours left. Next semester she will be taking a history capstone course and bowling.

We may not put any up this year since we won't be home for Christmas. I also don't really have much time either. Last year dh gave me 2 glitter globes for Christmas. I may put those on the mantle.

Woke up to a photo of littlest GS first sight of Mickey - gorgeous!
What a great picture.
We are out of the deep freeze and temps have returned to more tolerable levels. We are currently hovering around 0C or 32F
Still too cold for my taste.

I think it's time to call it a night. Good night everyone.

Charade… it seems like yesterday that your daughter was just finishing up high school

Won’t be long for her college graduation

Now I feel really old.

Have reservations for Ruth’s Chris for Thanksgiving dinner.

Mr Mac set it up as it’s a lot of work to do a typical holiday meal that would keep me in the kitchen for just the two of us

And we don’t want to be eating turkey for a week…

Now we are looking for what will be open for Christmas day..

You probably know Schumi egg shortage is due to avian flu in some areas meaning those areas have to keep all hens inside.

Of course I knew. I`m just amazed to how quickly the shortages have been put in place.
Hello! Quick check in. I just came to a good stopping point with my homework. Part of my math lesson this week is about weights and measures. I was watching a video lecture (from the online textbook, not by my actual professor) and it stated that there are 2 ounces in a cup, 2 cups to a pint, etc. I took a screenshot of the video and sent it to my professor. Gee, I wonder why some people struggle with math. For those of you not familiar with our measuring system, there are 8 ounces in a cup.

I also found out that one of my math professor's children works at the restaurant where the shooting was. He didn't say if he/she was there when it happened.

Monday I woke up to the news that 3 football players had been fatally shot at the University of Virginia. It's just getting crazy.

Is she graduating at the end of this semester? B still has 4 credit hours left. Next semester she will be taking a history capstone course and bowling.

We may not put any up this year since we won't be home for Christmas. I also don't really have much time either. Last year dh gave me 2 glitter globes for Christmas. I may put those on the mantle.

What a great picture.

Still too cold for my taste.

I think it's time to call it a night. Good night everyone.

I saw those poor young men who were shot. Dreadful tragedy for those men and their families and friends, anyone who knew them really.

Have reservations for Ruth’s Chris for Thanksgiving dinner.

Mr Mac set it up as it’s a lot of work to do a typical holiday meal that would keep me in the kitchen for just the two of us

And we don’t want to be eating turkey for a week…

Now we are looking for what will be open for Christmas day..

Now that`s a lovely way to spend Thanksgiving! I love Ruth`s Chris!

Although we do love the extra Turkey when we do it for Christmas.....although this year as we`re away we have ordered our turkey for New Years as we`ll be home for that, then freeze the extras....yep, we love turkey!!

Yum! We ate there once ages ago.

We are having a very non-traditional Christmas. We will be spending Christmas in Gatlinburg, TN. We will be attending a pirate themed dinner show on Christmas.

That sounds lovely too.....I`ve never had a non traditional Christmas before.

Up extra early this morning waiting and watching the launch of Artemis 1 from KSC.......it was fabulous!!! They did have a 2 hour window but, it went off flawlessly!!! Absolutely amazing to watch these incredible achievements!

Ideal to be up early as we`re out early this morning, lots of shopping planned, one not so glamorous place though as it`s a wholesale butcher we buy our half cows from.....but they sell so many other things now, it`s a real farm store place but just larger scale, they also have a huge fishmonger in there, he rents a space out to them. So we can get meat, fish, deli items and a lovely bakery too, but all local....well, not all the fish is local, but it`s all lovely. Might get some seafood for dinner if we`re not eating out at lunch.

Then I think we have a lunch date with some friends, I need to txt them to make sure it`s still on. And arrange an early book group meeting as we all hated the last one, time to choose a better one, will get that sorted for asap.

Simple lemon curd and toast breakfast this morning, supposed to be just cloudy today with the rain finally easing.

i-xHgTXWq-S.gif

cv24-S.jpg

cv82-Th.jpg

Happy Wednesday!!!

Yes Schumi knew you would just thought those over the water may not have heard about our bird flu. Sadly 6 geese were found dead on Monday on nearby fields we use so advised not to walk dogs in the field. A friend of my son has a cake shop and cafe and she was asking on line of anyone with contact to a farm as her supplier is having difficulty. Enjoy your shopping I love places like that. We have Glebe Farm similar with different suppliers now involved.

Very sad about those football players Charade. What is the world coming to. An air strike from Russia to Poland is very worrying too. News is full of speculation. I’ve turned to Classic FM this morning.

No school run this morning so laundry on, chicken defrosting, off for a bath and then having my nails and feet done at 10 so better get a move on!

Ack, that avian flu in one of our large chicken houses near enough to where I live. Price of poultry and eggs are much higher than I was expecting. Sigh. Real, not good news on that bird flu still around.

Buckeev, stay warm and dry, and keep those bags packed. Oh I’m a traveling again, he says. 😊

Just about sunrise:
07F662CC-AABA-42A0-A34C-3148E38C07BA.jpeg

But doesn’t look like it. With 25 to 35 mph winds, this commuting Wednesday, camels right:

3882C7CE-BEDB-491C-8542-32860EBA7607.jpeg

Oh my. Heavy rain through the night, now that wind. Windy, yes, and damp and very cool feeling even though the wind is blowing from the South, so at least the warmest day we will have for days. 50 the high today. This coming Sunday? High is 35. Ah Winter is coming oh yes it is. But even with a windy day, I will take any that is well above freezing.

And what a start to the day. Fell down the stairs, ripped my pants. Got in the car, within 5 minutes of my drive, my flat tire sigh went on. Thankfully, I was close enough to a gas station. Did put more air than should be needed in one of the tires. So will stop by the tire place on my way home. Sigh. On a good note, kids are protesting their early wake up I made them do. Heater guy is scheduled to come earlier this morning. Told both, listen for his knock. I fully expect to get a call that no answer at our door. Will call both the kids shortly. But another happy note. Bought kids tickets to see that Marvel movie this afternoon. Unknown to them, I ordered food for them to pick up, paid for it, so will tell them just before they go. Hope they enjoy both the movie and the food and drinks I bought.

So a most Wonderful Wednesday to all. Hope your day started or starts much better than mine.

Shopping was half a success today....

Got our meat order sorted, will be delivered tomorrow, didn`t quite buy half a cow, but close enough. And resisted their gorgeous cakes for once. Did pick up some smoked salmon and other little bits of seafood, will be fine for tomorrow as we did meet a load of friends for lunch which was lovely. But, because of that we didn`t get the rest of the things we planned to buy today, will get them another day.

Met in a pub/restaurant in a rather picturesque area we don`t normally go to in the countryside near the waterway, it was delightful and we all enjoyed our food, they looked after us really well. Might be a drive but it was worth it. It had the cosiest of bars then we went through to their restaurant which was busy but they managed to fit us in and there were 12 of us.

So no cooking tonight for me.

Got some emails and phone calls to catch up on tonight, other than that.....quiet midweek night for us. Rain has held off all day, now it`s pouring down.....

Time to put the kettle on for a large pot of tea........

Good Wednesday morning Sans family.

Its 38 days 13 hours 10 minutes away from Christmas

6730CF0E-34D4-4F82-B76F-9D73F634C785.gif

♥️ all your pictures!
Thank you Mac so glad you are enjoying the photos.

Assume you spend hours setting up the beautiful decorations.
They are fabulous!
Thank you Mac it is so nice to have the time to do the decorating. It does make the rooms so cheerful.

Congratulations to your fellas on their successful hunting trip.

Thank you Pumpkin. He is continuing to get better everyday.

Thank you Pumpkin. You have a keen eye. Yes, some of the Elf tree decorations and ornaments did come from Pier 1. We no longer have them. I knew once Home Goods opened that Kirklands and Pier 1 would not be able to survive against the good prices and products offered at Home Goods. They were all in the same shopping center.

Robo your trees are always inspiring! All look beautiful.
Thank you RFF.

Lovely displays and pictures as always Robbie.

It`s so much fun putting up decorations and trees.....I can`t wait to do ours!
Thank you Carole. I do enjoy putting up the decorations. I always put in the Nutcracker CD and other Christmas music to set the mood and decorate away.

Anybody else maxin’ out on “TREE ENVY” with Robo’s INCREDIBLE trees!?!?!?
Prayers for the Old Man R!
Thank you buckeev. Thank you for your prayers. Hubby is doing much better.

It is every parents nightmare what is happening in our schools. I feel so sorry for those young men who died and their families.

Shocking the level of violence that is spreading in every facet of society.

Up extra early this morning waiting and watching the launch of Artemis 1 from KSC.......it was fabulous!!! They did have a 2 hour window but, it went off flawlessly!!! Absolutely amazing to watch these incredible achievements!
I set up until 1:30 am waiting for the lift off. It was something to see. It would have been awesome to have been on the side of the road on 528 on Banana River to have seen that lift off and felt the earth rumble from the massive power of the rocket boosters. The most powerful rocket to lift off.

A few pictures from the live feed.
7C4B087D-3CF7-4E07-9F05-D03A4E52EB47.jpeg

17E6D030-FACF-44FE-9258-C6B372708550.jpeg

CA20AC55-C8BA-47BF-A805-BF0386368646.jpeg

4008FC5C-BEDD-46C6-BDD8-00C400C7A2A1.jpeg

4ADDA122-946C-454B-AFB8-2ABE50071630.png

66C3C885-E696-4BAD-A68F-26E00088A415.jpeg

A4335DEF-7BAC-4A53-8600-95458F71951E.png

9E696217-2A89-4F67-9138-6FACC99DD7AE.png

Ideal to be up early as we`re out early this morning, lots of shopping planned, one not so glamorous place though as it`s a wholesale butcher we buy our half cows from.....but they sell so many other things now, it`s a real farm store place but just larger scale, they also have a huge fishmonger in there, he rents a space out to them. So we can get meat, fish, deli items and a lovely bakery too, but all local....well, not all the fish is local, but it`s all lovely. Might get some seafood for dinner if we`re not eating out at lunch.
Sounds like a very nice farmers market.

And what a start to the day. Fell down the stairs, ripped my pants. Got in the car, within 5 minutes of my drive, my flat tire sigh went on. Thankfully, I was close enough to a gas station. Did put more air than should be needed in one of the tires. So will stop by the tire place on my way home. Sigh.
Wow…That is a rotten start to your day Lynne. Hope you are ok after your fall and the tire situation is a easy fix.

But another happy note. Bought kids tickets to see that Marvel movie this afternoon. Unknown to them, I ordered food for them to pick up, paid for it, so will tell them just before they go. Hope they enjoy both the movie and the food and drinks I bought.
That was so sweet of you to treat your kiddos to a movie and lunch.

Snow has melted off already and we are in the 40’s today. I have a few things to do outside today.

Hubby had a PT evaluation this morning and therapist felt hubby was back to good form. He has felt better everyday since Sunday. I‘am thinking this was a bug. Strangely it did not have a respiratory component, but mostly dizziness, lost of stable ambulation, quick dehydration, GI symptoms. Repeat labs look good and we see 2 of his docs tomorrow.

I contacted some family members in Kentucky to see what some of the little great-grandchildren have been wishing for Christmas gifts. I was able to find something’s on Target. I ordered those things and will pick them up tomorrow.

I like it when things are simple like that.

Spoke to younger sister about Thanksgiving dinner next Thursday. We usually divide things to bring among the family members attending. I picked up the Turkey last week. Grandson was here friday so his muscles were needed to get the 23 pound bird in the freezer.

Younger sister is a good cook and she always brings some special dishes. Son and his wife always bring an array of pies from a wonderful pie shop.

Honestly I just love visiting with family and enjoy watching them enjoy their Thanksgiving meal. There are always plenty of leftovers sent home with everyone.

Need to get scootin.

Have yourselves a Merry Wednesday everyone doing what ever makes you happy.

Getting a quick hump day stop in!

It seems to be busy here with lots of little things happening at work. Sorting out this and that...then all the workplace men drama!!!! OMG....whoever said that an all male environment wasn't full of drama is FIBBING!!!!! Sigh

Weather is heading into colder temps again for a day then back up to that 0C or 32F temp. It is mild for us...and I'll take it.

Got to the gym last night and the night before. I'm trying to break in a new pair of sketchers. It's a different model than I had previously...and oh boy...my one foot doesn't like it lol. Hopefully it will get a bit of a break tonight while I'm at the second job...not being shoved into the new ones. I also ordered a new pair of shoes for the second job and regular wear. They are supposed to be " waterproof" I have heard great things about them...so I finally ordered a pair. They were on an early Black Friday sale.

deal to be up early as we`re out early this morning, lots of shopping planned, one not so glamorous place though as it`s a wholesale butcher we buy our half cows from.....but they sell so many other things now, it`s a real farm store place but just larger scale, they also have a huge fishmonger in there, he rents a space out to them. So we can get meat, fish, deli items and a lovely bakery too, but all local....well, not all the fish is local, but it`s all lovely. Might get some seafood for dinner if we`re not eating out at lunch.
That sounds like an amazing store!!! I would for sure be shopping there. I love gems like that.
No school run this morning so laundry on, chicken defrosting, off for a bath and then having my nails and feet done at 10 so better get a move on!
I love getting my nails done on both my hands and toes!!!! Enjoy!!!
But another happy note. Bought kids tickets to see that Marvel movie this afternoon. Unknown to them, I ordered food for them to pick up, paid for it, so will tell them just before they go. Hope they enjoy both the movie and the food and drinks I bought.
OOOOO how fun!
Spoke to younger sister about Thanksgiving dinner next Thursday. We usually divide things to bring among the family members attending. I picked up the Turkey last week. Grandson was here friday so his muscles were needed to get the 23 pound bird in the freezer.

Younger sister is a good cook and she always brings some special dishes. Son and his wife always bring an array of pies from a wonderful pie shop.
Yum!!!! It's always great to split all that work up.

Well, I need to get back to the paper shuffle again. The work is never done for the head paper shuffler.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter