Something About Nothing............ #14

RF, I always dread the Atlanta airport
Maybe the crowds there are not a problem for your kids
I put it on par as Ohare airport in chicago

For me to get to Orlando, i have two flights
Chattanooga to Atlanta to Orlando
One time flew north to chicago and got my direct flight from there to Orlando.

i am the only one that enjoys liver
Mr Mac and my sons hates it

Definite no to liver from me......

We all hate it.....

Rainy day. Rain rain go away, come back another day. Was balmy out later this evening. Odd almost. Guess all that rain still in the air.

Was a very nice lunch, and was a relaxing afternoon. Decided dinner was soup with chicken salad sandwiches, and a salad for little one, who did not want that sandwich. Late dinner, and a late dinner at that, as we had a very full belly from our late lunch of burger, fries and onion rings.

Thankfully the rain should be gone. Saying the beauty of the weekend days is tomorrow. 67 the high, and full sunny day. Yay! Hope that weather prediction for tomorrow is true, with even a warmer high temp.

Good night all.

Quick drive-bye howdy! Life is hectic!
Just flew through a few postings but glad those of you ailing are gettin‘ back up-to-speed.
Gage and I did manage to do our HHN trip and he finally got his PIZZA FRIES! Ate them all! (And mine…and then still ordered more later!) Had a pretty good 8 days in Orlando…and then a week later took him to Milwaukee for a convention! Yummy Brats & Curds!!! (But another 5 days gone from home and the bizness ….I am SOOOO far behind!) Gotta get caught up in the next 4 weeks!!!
Grandkids Orlando Christmas trip is coming fast and just booked a short trip for early February too! …Mardi Gras & Festival of the Arts….Good grief…what was I thinking!?…I’m gonna go broke, or die from exhaustion, or die broke and exhausted.

Quick drive-bye howdy! Life is hectic!
Just flew through a few postings but glad those of you ailing are gettin‘ back up-to-speed.
Gage and I did manage to do our HHN trip and he finally got his PIZZA FRIES! Ate them all! (And mine…and then still ordered more later!) Had a pretty good 8 days in Orlando…and then a week later took him to Milwaukee for a convention! Yummy Brats & Curds!!! (But another 5 days gone from home and the bizness ….I am SOOOO far behind!) Gotta get caught up in the next 4 weeks!!!
Grandkids Orlando Christmas trip is coming fast and just booked a short trip for early February too! …Mardi Gras & Festival of the Arts….Good grief…what was I thinking!?…I’m gonna go broke, or die from exhaustion, or die broke and exhausted.

You can`t take it with you buckeev!!! Life is for living.

Sounds like a fantastic trip with Gage for HHN....and glad you enjoyed some pizza fries! Funny whenever I hear Milwaukee I automatically think of Laverne and Shirley......must be my age!!! And some fab trips coming up for you too......

Good to see you buckeev....keep well......

Ended up going out last night with some friends, had a good old catch up and some laughs too. Hadn`t seen one couple since March through one thing and another which was lovely as we didn`t know they were going to be there. Had some nice food and before we knew it, it was time to get home......first late night for a while.

Today we set off early to go watch Kyle do the 5K in his fancy dress outfit.....looking forward to it. We sometimes go and walk it as they encourage walkers too, but today we`ll just be taking pictures. There`s usually around 300 folks run at this park so it`s always a fun atmosphere.

No bacon this morning as we`re heading out to drive over, so will grab something like toast with out tea. Then we`ll have bacon with croissants for lunch today and tonight is Indian Takeout, will get it delivered as their deliveries are back up and running. Something hot and spicy for sure......

i-Jxk93Zw-S.gif

51D98DB3-9952-4DCA-B54A-DA9D43DA0A92-S.png

cv30-S.png

Have a wonderful weekend!!!​

Yay, Buckeev getting a work out traveling. Yay for holiday fun with kids. Yum, pizza fries.

Ooh, the rain is gone, and a partly cloudy sky. Clear out now, pretty moon, even if not full anymore.

Super sized happy Saturday.

Y’all are too kind. 🥰

Hey Schum…I actually went to the Brewery where some of Laverne & Shirley was set….Had a great lunch! Brats & Cheese Curds! They had a bazillion different brews. Made me wish I was a drinkin’ Dude! 🤭
The hotel that we stayed at was a remodeled early 1900s vintage…Pretty nice. Gage said it reminded him of “The Shining Hotel!” 🥺🥺🥺
”Helping” my Bride prep for Cousin Andy’s house warming party tomorrow. Such fun!

Good Saturday Morning everyone

Only 42 days until Christmas.

7EA620F3-9E0B-46A7-BF9E-3E9789732962.gif

C69B2D0C-69E4-4C88-B286-288BD33C1B04.jpeg

The snow started Friday evening as we were sitting down to eat...and it hasn't stopped yet :worried: Today the temps have dropped yet again...and it's currentlly - 30C or -22F :cold: with the windchill. It will be a plug in our vehicles night so that they all start in the morning. I'm already over winter already :sad2: Oh well.
I won‘t complain about the cold here after seeing your temps.

Once my morning tasks are completed, I go back on Mac time and piddle my day away
When your retired you can piddle all you want to.

Tom picked up some mange tout (snow peas) so will do that for him too as I line them up with green beans as the veg of the devil!! Not for me.
LOL

Hey all. First day I’ve been productive since the vaxxs. I just was dragging yesterday and freezing despite it being so warm. Spent day on couch wrapped in a couple of throws drinking hot tea
Hope you both feel better soon.

tomorrow I will be in a panic looking for the black slacks that probably were in the bag of donated clothes
I did a big donation a few months ago and when I went to look for some semi-formal attire for the wedding. I had donated a number of pairs of nice slacks, tops and jackets. I guess I was really wanting to clean out the closet…..LOL

lol....Tom once asked me where his dark blue long sleeved shirt was......he never wore it, so it went into the charity bag for donation.......oops!!! I feigned ignorance as to what shirt he was talking about.....lol......
Hubby was a bit upset that I sent a number of his shirts to donation. He said they were broken in and comfy says the guy who has over a hundred shirts hanging in the closet.….LOL

Today we set off early to go watch Kyle do the 5K in his fancy dress outfit..

Good luck to Kyle. Have a nice time.

Buckeev sounds like lots of fun trips planned. Great to hear Gage was able to get his fill of some pizza fries.

Pumpkin enjoy your salon time.

Tink hope you and the family are doing well.

Well its has been a bit busy here the past few days. Hubby fell in the family room Tuesday evening. He fell to his knees and caught himself. I wanted to take him to the ER to be evaluated and he refused. He said he felt a little dizzy and unsteady. He finally relented on Wednesday Morning.

He was still not feeling well. Went to the ER and they did a full work up with CT and MRI and blood work. Doc said he was a little dehydrated so they gave him some IV fluids In ER and through the night In his room.

We are back home and he has heart monitor on and he will see his two docs next week. Not sure whats going on. Negative for Covid. Hopefully this will be just a bug that will pass.

We woke up to this this morning. This is after being in the upper 70’s on Tuesday and Wednesday. Wacky weather.
DDAD4598-3C08-4D98-B827-7B10CBDE56BC.jpeg
Snow before Thanksgiving. Not normal here. That‘s a squirrel drinking out of the bird bath.

Grandson came by yesterday and hung out with his Papa while I went and picked up a few things from the store.

Kentucky was predicated to get an inch of snow when we spoke to daughter yesterday evening, But we had no prediction of snow and we go hit with snow. Surprise Suprise.

Hubby is watching his alma Mater play basketball and I’am going to do some reading.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday.

Quick late night check in. I am so tired right now. I wrote an essay and took a math exam today. I can take tomorrow off and relax.
B is home for the weekend. She wanted to come home for her birthday which is actually on Monday.

We had a horrible incident yesterday that had shocked our community. The manager at a local restaurant was shot and killed by a customer. He was apprehended this afternoon at the Jacksonville, FL airport.

On a happier note, we went to see the new Black Panther movie last nigh. Thought it was pretty good. Did not see the ending coming.

Time for sleep.

I bet you aced your math test today!

Sad news for your community over that shooting
It had to be shocking for everyone.

I have not been to the local theater years, and not up on what movies are out

Going to google black panther

Y’all are too kind. 🥰

Hey Schum…I actually went to the Brewery where some of Laverne & Shirley was set….Had a great lunch! Brats & Cheese Curds! They had a bazillion different brews. Made me wish I was a drinkin’ Dude! 🤭
The hotel that we stayed at was a remodeled early 1900s vintage…Pretty nice. Gage said it reminded him of “The Shining Hotel!” 🥺🥺🥺
”Helping” my Bride prep for Cousin Andy’s house warming party tomorrow. Such fun!

Oh that is cool buckeev!! I`ve never tried cheese curds, I do keep meaning to.....but.....never get around to it.

I`d love to stay in a hotel that resembles The Shining hotel......love a good old creepy place!

Hope the housewarming party goes well and hope Andy has settled into his new home nicely, he deserves it.

Good Saturday Morning everyone

Only 42 days until Christmas.

View attachment 718225

View attachment 718204

I won‘t complain about the cold here after seeing your temps.

When your retired you can piddle all you want to.

LOL

Hope you both feel better soon.

I did a big donation a few months ago and when I went to look for some semi-formal attire for the wedding. I had donated a number of pairs of nice slacks, tops and jackets. I guess I was really wanting to clean out the closet…..LOL

Hubby was a bit upset that I sent a number of his shirts to donation. He said they were broken in and comfy says the guy who has over a hundred shirts hanging in the closet.….LOL

Good luck to Kyle. Have a nice time.

Buckeev sounds like lots of fun trips planned. Great to hear Gage was able to get his fill of some pizza fries.

Pumpkin enjoy your salon time.

Tink hope you and the family are doing well.

Well its has been a bit busy here the past few days. Hubby fell in the family room Tuesday evening. He fell to his knees and caught himself. I wanted to take him to the ER to be evaluated and he refused. He said he felt a little dizzy and unsteady. He finally relented on Wednesday Morning.

He was still not feeling well. Went to the ER and they did a full work up with CT and MRI and blood work. Doc said he was a little dehydrated so they gave him some IV fluids In ER and through the night In his room.

We are back home and he has heart monitor on and he will see his two docs next week. Not sure whats going on. Negative for Covid. Hopefully this will be just a bug that will pass.

We woke up to this this morning. This is after being in the upper 70’s on Tuesday and Wednesday. Wacky weather.
View attachment 718221
Snow before Thanksgiving. Not normal here. That‘s a squirrel drinking out of the bird bath.

Grandson came by yesterday and hung out with his Papa while I went and picked up a few things from the store.

Kentucky was predicated to get an inch of snow when we spoke to daughter yesterday evening, But we had no prediction of snow and we go hit with snow. Surprise Suprise.

Hubby is watching his alma Mater play basketball and I’am going to do some reading.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday.

Goodness me, hope your husband is doing much better now. Dehydration can cause all sorts of reactions. Men never want to go get treatment, they don`t like making a fuss do they! Glad you got him there and he`s sorted now.

The flu/virus I caught when I came back from Florida is running rampant here.....exact same symptoms and a cough that`s lasting 5-6 weeks....very precise. I would say I`m finally just about over the cough and it`ll be 6 weeks on Wednesday, I think bugs are getting their revenge for the last couple of years we`ve avoided them by not going out!

That is some snow!!

Thanks Kyle had a lot of fun yesterday and looked fabulous!

Quick late night check in. I am so tired right now. I wrote an essay and took a math exam today. I can take tomorrow off and relax.
B is home for the weekend. She wanted to come home for her birthday which is actually on Monday.

We had a horrible incident yesterday that had shocked our community. The manager at a local restaurant was shot and killed by a customer. He was apprehended this afternoon at the Jacksonville, FL airport.

On a happier note, we went to see the new Black Panther movie last nigh. Thought it was pretty good. Did not see the ending coming.

Time for sleep.

What a horrible thing to happen, this was in your town?? Is it a restaurant you go to? That`s a little too close to home.

Nice you have your daughter home this weekend, enjoy your time with her.

We had a fabulous day yesterday at the parkrun in the morning, Kyle enjoyed his moment celebrating his 50th and everyone loved what he dressed up as.....he wore a full "Scottish Man" outfit including the kilt, sporran and Tam o Shanter hat....he looked fabulous and didn`t worry about a time yesterday he just enjoyed the run. He`s usually in the top 8 out of 300 or so runners, but he had fun.

Popped home and my Etsy parcel arrived just after us.....love it!! Invited some friends round last night, we ended up ordering Indian food and just enjoyed a lovely evening with all of them.

Today we have Remembrance Sunday. We`ll be at the Memorial service in the next town and wear our poppies with pride alongside our war veterans and everyone else. Such an emotional experience and of course the two minute silence.

Cooked diced beef overnight in the slow cooker ale, beef stock, herbs and spices, could smell it as soon as I got up, smells gorgeous. Will do us a creamy mash to go with it tonight...and woke up to fog this morning, so it`ll be a gorgeous day again and still a little too warm for this time of year. Fog is already starting to clear.

Tomorrw sees the start of the Shoe Box collections. You fill a shoe box with all sorts of useful and nice things for children home and abroad who are in poverty situations. It`s a fabulous nationwide charity and also local places like churches do them too, so we fill a few boxes for both and hand them in for delivery.

But, have a lovely Sunday whatever you`re doing.

i-2jLCDpB-S.gif

cv3086-S.png

:sunny:

Sunday it is. What a day difference in weather. Beautiful sunny and warm Saturday. Today? Overcast and I would say cool. Rocking those in the 50’s like Mac.

My head. Why do I always get up when the alarm would have gone off, on lazy days? I guess I’m just done that early wake up so many years, I just think that’s my awake time for the rest of my life. Though I have been known to be asleep much later, the longer I’m in lazy day mode. Hence, even with a holiday weekend, those three lazy days are not enough to keep me sleeping later, and change that week day routine. But, I do like lazy days, as unlike a week day routine day, even if I’m up that almost ungodly early hour, I get moving so much later. Hehe, sometimes even after older one gets ready to go.

And so, oh how scary Robo, DH not feeling well. I hope he is feeling much better today. Mummy dust well wishes. And yep, being hydrated is not good for a body.

Snow? That not so happy 4 letter word. I can think of another, potty mouth 4 letter word for it. Ack, Robo. Early for snow in my book. Though a couple of years ago, we had snow on Halloween. And that, is just wrong. Sigh, have always lived in a four season area. And have had some winters that are what the? How cold? But I do like living here, that cold and snowy weather is not year round. And really, the coldest months are generally two. January and February. But cool feeling is around this time of year. Many Black Fridays were like that coffee can not be hot enough for keeping hands warm. Rainy, and even some slushy snow ones too. But there’s been other ones that were clear and just a bit cool feeling, Crap shoot time. I’m hoping unseasonably warm for that Thanksgiving weekend coming up soon enough. Yay, time of year a bonus lazy day holiday time of year. And yep, since second oldest niece offered a second turkey dinner on Black Friday, I get that more happy four day weekend, with two delicious meals. Woot!

Charade. Gun violence is so sad to hear. Sadly, we get it in our local news every single day, being so close to my City. Why we are scared to go in town anytime soon. An early happy birthday to B. And hope you scored well in math. Glad you enjoyed the movie. I’m tossed. Didn’t think older one wanted to see it, but now he does. I assume the kids will go on one of his days off this week. I may wait until it comes out online.

Ah, DH was in not hungry mode, so I made myself oatmeal with blackberries and strawberries I picked up the other day. And oh my, my rather large tea kettle was refilled once already. DH likes tea enough, and he doesn’t mind that you make instant coffee with hot water. Hence, we both have been enjoying a quiet morning, sipping our drinks.

Thus, at the end of this holiday weekend, and alarm was already set. Plus, trash to curb tonight day. Oh, nothing like back to week day routine. Sigh. But it is a lazy day. DH out the door sooner than later, and older one works. Thus, little one and me day. Do have a bill to pay, so hoping she is game to go with me. Yesterday, she was not moving until afternoon. Hoping just maybe she will be up before noon.

Super relaxing Sunday to all.

Remembrance Sunday service as always was very emotional. It was still quite chilly with the fog lingering but not as bad as previous years.

Ended up going out for Sunday lunch with some friends, unexpected as we hadn’t planned it, but nice all the same. It would have been rude to say no really……. ::yes::

Pub was busy but we got a table for 8 after a short wait. I was glad we weren’t sitting at the table beside their huge real fire, it was boiling in there, but we were fine a little further back. Food was good and I’m beginning to wonder if I’ll ever get to stick to this so called diet I’m planning to start…..soon :blush:

Will keep the beef in ale for tomorrow night.

I did just bake some rosemary bread, doesn’t take long and we can nibble on that later if we get hungry.

Still foggy outside, think it’s here for the night.

Time for a pot of tea…….

Happy late Sunday. Not much going on here today. I spent most of the afternoon sleeping through football games.
I had a quick trip to the mall after lunch. I was looking for a pair of inexpensive bedroom slippers. I want to keep them in my suitcase for whenever we travel. I always forget to pack slippers. The last hotel we stayed in had a floor that felt kinda gross under my feet.

I bet you aced your math test today!
Unfortunately not. My score wasn't bad, but not as good as it should have been. I realized that I made a few stupid mistakes after I had submitted the test.
What a horrible thing to happen, this was in your town?? Is it a restaurant you go to? That`s a little too close to home.
Yes, in my town not too far from where I work. It's a restaurant we go to on occasion, usually for brunch. Right now they have decided to close for a while. Someone has already starred a Go Fund Me for the employees who aren't working right now.
We had a fabulous day yesterday at the parkrun in the morning, Kyle enjoyed his moment celebrating his 50th and everyone loved what he dressed up as.....he wore a full "Scottish Man" outfit including the kilt, sporran and Tam o Shanter hat....he looked fabulous and didn`t worry about a time yesterday he just enjoyed the run. He`s usually in the top 8 out of 300 or so runners, but he had fun.
I bet that was a sight to see. Did other runners dress up too?

Charade. Gun violence is so sad to hear. Sadly, we get it in our local news every single day, being so close to my City.
Our city is rather small and this wasn't even close to downtown. It happened in a "good" area. Still horrible no matter where it happened. I won't be surprised if we get a lot of calls this week from people looking for trauma therapy.

B went back to campus tonight but will be back home next week for Thanksgiving break. I wish the online students got a week off too.

Happy late Sunday. Not much going on here today. I spent most of the afternoon sleeping through football games.
I had a quick trip to the mall after lunch. I was looking for a pair of inexpensive bedroom slippers. I want to keep them in my suitcase for whenever we travel. I always forget to pack slippers. The last hotel we stayed in had a floor that felt kinda gross under my feet.

Unfortunately not. My score wasn't bad, but not as good as it should have been. I realized that I made a few stupid mistakes after I had submitted the test.

Yes, in my town not too far from where I work. It's a restaurant we go to on occasion, usually for brunch. Right now they have decided to close for a while. Someone has already starred a Go Fund Me for the employees who aren't working right now.

I bet that was a sight to see. Did other runners dress up too?

Our city is rather small and this wasn't even close to downtown. It happened in a "good" area. Still horrible no matter where it happened. I won't be surprised if we get a lot of calls this week from people looking for trauma therapy.

B went back to campus tonight but will be back home next week for Thanksgiving break. I wish the online students got a week off too.

I think we do get more shocked with incidents like this when it`s in an area you least expect it.

There was someone else dressed up too as it was his 150th Parkrun, Kyle`s only been running for a year so he has some catching up to do, and these 5K runs are only on Saturday mornings. The individuals only dress up if it`s a special number of races or they do sometimes do a charity dress up for the runners. But, it was fun.

Glad you enjoyed a nap, always nice to have one of those, especially in winter.

Fog is all gone thankfully, today is supposed to be dull and cloudy with little wind, unlike tomorrow where it`s to be very windy and lots of rain. Lovely.

Out this morning to do the kiddies reading session, looking forward to that, it`ll pass an hour or so then head off shopping for some bits and pieces. And hopefully pick up my new winter coat that`s supposed to be in today.

Going to make the beef in ale into a steak pie, lovely puff pastry on top, very winter warming dish for tonight. But, not much going on this week at all till the weekend.

And we`re just about half way through November!!

i-F2hBwKV-Th.gif

cv45-S.jpg

Happy Monday :sunny:

Last edited:
Ah a Monday is here. And nothing like a freeze warning. 33 degrees out now. Very cool morning. But a most gorgeously sunny day. But cool staying as only 45 the high. Lightweight winter jacket with shades for my lunchtime walk.

Ag Charade, oh well, at least you did pass that math test. Little one gets the week of Thanksgiving off. So she’ll be relaxing before finals start shortly thereafter. Last year, they shortened the term, and finals were the week after Thanksgiving. This year, she gets a week of study after. Can’t believe almost done. So close for her now.

Ah that back to routine. But happy a shorter week this week too. Decided I needed a three day weekend before the bonus four day weekend at the end of next week.

Most Marvelous Monday. And a hearty good morning to all.

Robo do hope your DH is recovering. That’s the type of incidents happened to me. The dizziness is awful but something I get a warning.
Charade that shooting is so sad. Awful for the family and employees.
Schumi well done to Kyle. Also the shoebox appeal is a great charity. Our church is doing them too and at AZ we used to be a coordination centre - we would make up over 1,000 boxes but sadly stopped when we retired nobody would take it on.

We had a great day in Manchester yesterday. Christmas markets, a lovely Keto meal at one of favourite restaurants (Fazenda is Argentinian and all meats), then the Aled Jones & Russell Watson Christmas concert. I don’t think they will be known over with you but maybe you would remember Aled from being a little boy who sang “The Snowman” for the movie. Now 51. For a finale they sang that song and the audience were thrilled.

DS and DIL enjoying their Orleans break and sends lots of photos of little one.

Hope everyone has a good week x

Hi all!
Anyone else starting with decorations? will be gone over thanksgiving so needed to get a start. Heading to Orlando on thursday.
Ellie gave a look at the decorations-guess she approved. She didn't try to attack the Grinch. Nemo is just happy his bed is by the fire.

Hope all are well. Been busy around here with end of marching season for son, which goes right into musical season (done this past saturday-kinda-he's helping tear down/clean up tonight then out to dinner with friends)
Paige went hunting with her grandad and dad-she got a nice buck yesterday. Grandpa mounting the antlers for her.
Enjoying the calm before the storm of next several weeks LOL-literally as we are supposed to get accumulating snow tonight.
Stay healthy friends!

Attachments

• IMG_0976.jpg
    IMG_0976.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 4

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter