Something About Nothing............ #14

:wave2: Quick morning stop in!

We are back in the deep freeze again for a few days. Sigh, it just makes me grumpy. Heater is back on under my desk to try and keep warm in my office again. Oh well, so is life here in the winter. I tolerate it...but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Got to video chat with gd last night for her birthday. Was happy to see her blow out her candles.

Well, I should start shuffling some papers - or at least go looking for some. There are none on my desk yet.

Have a great day everyone!!! Stay Safe!
View attachment 640101

Beautiful picture pumpkin.......

CE4B6BA5-34D8-4CCA-98EF-3AE474EEB653.jpeg
Unlike the dinosaurs, at least we dodged a bullet today!

I remember those colourful outfits well!!
Everything old is new again, eventually. For me, big hair & leggings never quite entirely disappeared lol
Got to video chat with gd last night for her birthday. Was happy to see her blow out her candles
What a cutie!
I just filed a police report on my aunt. Things are about to get really messy.
Stay strong, a shame you have to wade thru the muck just trying to do the right thing for your mom.

I like to book stuff early too. We finally booked flights for our May WDW trip for our friends’ wedding and our July trip for UO, WDW, and Disney Cruise Line. Can’t book dining at WDW yet. I will probably look at dining reservations for UO.

I too have chubby clothes. Wearing them now, while I work off holiday weight. I usually wear them to the parks too, so that I am comfortable pigging out:rotfl2:
I'm as green as a jelly bean at all your upcoming adventures!!!!!!!!!
I always make sure to have lots of yoga wear along for those adventures :rotfl:
:hug: Sigh. I'm sorry to have to deal with that. No one wants to do that. I'm sorry your aunt wasn't forthcoming and escalated it to this.

No more papers to shuffle. Enjoying the fact that it is grossly cold again....that sun is shining brightly. A typical cold Canadian day...clear bright skies yet it's -40 :eek:

Alright...looks like the people have arrived to bring our office a vending machine. Crossing my fingers that they don't stock it with some salty snack that I love.

lol.....I recognise those chubby clothes too!!!! There is that old joke....I`m working off the vacation weight....yes, but how many vacations have you been on....... :rotfl:

Well, if it's a cruise, that can be a killer. Plus, never underestimate how many vacations us theme park fans can take :rotfl2:

Even reliable SWA now cancels flights & changes times on a regular basis. I’m seeing 5 am departures with often just one other NS when the dust settles, disappointing.

nice trip. I’m still gunshy on the thot of cruising. Not being able to enjoy the ports of call is problematic we may first pick DCL again as at least CC is offered, barring bad weather.

Tell me about it:sad2: SWA has canceled 3 flights on us over the last year. Not to mention delays. We looked to see if American or others were a better option to Orlando, but they weren't. American was better to Indy though for the 500.

Well, the cruise was supposed to occur in Summer 2020:( I don't know if I would go right now, but I am hoping summer is better. It's a 9 night Southern Caribbean from Port Canaveral. It has 5 stops, so hopefully, some of those will go through. It's not until July, so who knows what will happen by then. Also, we love sea days. We could do a cruise without any ports and just stay on the ship the whole time. Even our son loves sea days.

Oh man. Good luck. Hopefully, this will go quickly and with as little pain as possible:goodvibes

I'm as green as a jelly bean at all your upcoming adventures!!!!!!!!!
I always make sure to have lots of yoga wear along for those adventures :rotfl:

The wedding just kind of came up. We tend to go to the Indy 500 in May every year with friends but haven't been in a while due to covid. The July trip and cruise has been rescheduled from Summer 2020 and 2021 to 2022. Hopefully, it will happen. The cruise has been mostly paid for for a while. The D23 Expo was supposed to occur in 2021 but was canceled due to covid. I am hoping I get tickets, but the demand is very high. I won't go to Disneyland if I can't get tickets. Buying them on Thursday.

Your GD is so cute. Happy Birthday!

Thanks everyone for your kind words and support. I'm just sick about all of this. When push comes to shove, we will not have her arrested. Mom will never forgive us if we do. I'm just hoping we can at least get some of her money back.

In other news....B just informed me that her roommate dropped out of school and is moving back to NC. I don't know if the university will assign her a new roommate or if she will get the room to herself again this year. Last spring she lost a roommate to graduation and was never assigned a new one.

These 2 memes came across my Facebook page today and made me laugh, so I thought I would share.

Well, it seems the new vending machine has my beloved favorite cheezies in them. It's a good thing I'm cheap and won't pay that amount of money for a tiny bag ;) I told the guys, if I had known they wanted a vending machine, I would have bought one and stocked it, and only charge them half the amount of money that this company is :laughing: That is something that dh and I have thought about starting. He's a sparky (electrician) and can fix a multitude of things and can problem shoot like no one else. Oh well, maybe another day.

Too cold to head to the gym tonight. Hopefully by tomorrow afternoon, it will have warmed back up again. Thinking about setting up my sewing machine again, since I had to take everything down while the kids were here for xmas. I have a small project in mind. Might have to spend the rest of the evening on pintrest to get more accurate fabric measurements and a little supply list that I will need. Now that I'm also not working the second job, I seem to have WAY more time in the evenings, and will still need other things to do besides going to the gym.

Took a look at changing flights to hopefully make better connections. Crossing fingers that maybe that original flight will be brought back and a different once cancelled. We are still 4 weeks out. :scared: It will all work out, I just need to trust the process and know it will work out.

Well of to check out what materials I need for my project.

Have a great evening everyone!!! I'll leave a light on for anyone else coming in.

View attachment 640196
Unlike the dinosaurs, at least we dodged a bullet today!

Everything old is new again, eventually. For me, big hair & leggings never quite entirely disappeared lol

What a cutie!

Stay strong, a shame you have to wade thru the muck just trying to do the right thing for your mom.

lol.....I miss big hair!!! Can of hairspray every time I went out and looking like, or trying to look like Madonna never quite lost the appeal to me.....well, early Like A Virgin Madonna, not Madonna when she started to go a little Vogue!!

Yes, I have a few nods to the 80`s still around!!

Well, if it's a cruise, that can be a killer. Plus, never underestimate how many vacations us theme park fans can take :rotfl2:

Tell me about it:sad2: SWA has canceled 3 flights on us over the last year. Not to mention delays. We looked to see if American or others were a better option to Orlando, but they weren't. American was better to Indy though for the 500.

Well, the cruise was supposed to occur in Summer 2020:( I don't know if I would go right now, but I am hoping summer is better. It's a 9 night Southern Caribbean from Port Canaveral. It has 5 stops, so hopefully, some of those will go through. It's not until July, so who knows what will happen by then. Also, we love sea days. We could do a cruise without any ports and just stay on the ship the whole time. Even our son loves sea days.

Oh man. Good luck. Hopefully, this will go quickly and with as little pain as possible:goodvibes

The wedding just kind of came up. We tend to go to the Indy 500 in May every year with friends but haven't been in a while due to covid. The July trip and cruise has been rescheduled from Summer 2020 and 2021 to 2022. Hopefully, it will happen. The cruise has been mostly paid for for a while. The D23 Expo was supposed to occur in 2021 but was canceled due to covid. I am hoping I get tickets, but the demand is very high. I won't go to Disneyland if I can't get tickets. Buying them on Thursday.

Your GD is so cute. Happy Birthday!

Oh I agree......the more vacations the better!!

Thanks everyone for your kind words and support. I'm just sick about all of this. When push comes to shove, we will not have her arrested. Mom will never forgive us if we do. I'm just hoping we can at least get some of her money back.

In other news....B just informed me that her roommate dropped out of school and is moving back to NC. I don't know if the university will assign her a new roommate or if she will get the room to herself again this year. Last spring she lost a roommate to graduation and was never assigned a new one.

These 2 memes came across my Facebook page today and made me laugh, so I thought I would share.

View attachment 640247

View attachment 640248

I had that bottom meme, but it was wine not chocolate.......lol........

Would your daughter prefer a room to herself or hope for a new roommate??

I hope the scare is enough for your aunt to consider returning money, if there`s any left of course. Horrible situation all round for you and your family.

Well, it seems the new vending machine has my beloved favorite cheezies in them. It's a good thing I'm cheap and won't pay that amount of money for a tiny bag ;) I told the guys, if I had known they wanted a vending machine, I would have bought one and stocked it, and only charge them half the amount of money that this company is :laughing: That is something that dh and I have thought about starting. He's a sparky (electrician) and can fix a multitude of things and can problem shoot like no one else. Oh well, maybe another day.

Too cold to head to the gym tonight. Hopefully by tomorrow afternoon, it will have warmed back up again. Thinking about setting up my sewing machine again, since I had to take everything down while the kids were here for xmas. I have a small project in mind. Might have to spend the rest of the evening on pintrest to get more accurate fabric measurements and a little supply list that I will need. Now that I'm also not working the second job, I seem to have WAY more time in the evenings, and will still need other things to do besides going to the gym.

Took a look at changing flights to hopefully make better connections. Crossing fingers that maybe that original flight will be brought back and a different once cancelled. We are still 4 weeks out. :scared: It will all work out, I just need to trust the process and know it will work out.

Well of to check out what materials I need for my project.

Have a great evening everyone!!! I'll leave a light on for anyone else coming in.

When Tom took early retirement folks asked him what he was going to do......I haven`t worked for many, many years....through choice and told him, don`t worry, we`ll be busy. And even now he agrees he never knows how he had time to work!!

Doesn`t matter how much spare time you have, you`ll fill it easily, there`s always something....although unlike you we haven`t discovered a gym yet........lol.......doubt we ever will!

Glad to have a light, still pitch black here for a while in the mornings.........

Hey all - new guy around here. Seattle based. Hope you’re all having a wonderful evening.

Welcome along..........

macraven gives the official welcome to new posters......she`ll be along later........ :thumbsup2

Ice has gone, wind is back.........not sure which is worst to walk in........so, we`ll head out later and see how it goes along the shorefront before either turning back home or keep walking.

Very few plans today.......could do some dull jobs like tidying out drawers, I do like them in order and maybe some closet organising and some cleaning in there somewhere.

Had huge joint of pork butt split between 2 slow cookers to simmer overnight, didn`t switch them on till 11pm, and they`re not ready yet, couple more hours to go, but mmmmmmmm.....the smell is lovely. Will be portioning it into pulled pork, made a vat of bbq sauce last night and simmered it away for a few hours. So we`ll have some of that tonight and freeze some of it and take some over to the farm as they love it too.

Tom is volunteering this afternoon, they didn`t need 2 of us, so he is off doing that and tomorrow morning I`m excited to be doing the nursery readings again......I always enjoy that, although I usually have to read the books they choose......will work on that!! 20 kids age 3/4 but they all adore being read to, kids do though don`t they.

But, Wednesday is here again........hump day for those that still work.........

i-9R3WvqV-S.gif

cv79-S.jpg

cv63-Th.jpg

Have a wonderful Wednesday ::yes::

Aw, sweet 2 year old GD, Pumpkin. Thanks for sharing her picture, And that is a cold temp. While we can get down to single digits, rarely have seen a negative number. Not complaining though. Stay safe. Yep, we have vending machines in our break room. I rarely use them. I bring my own food most of the time. We also have many microwaves and two very large refrigerators with freezers. So I feel fine bringing in my own food, as can keep fresh, and nuke if I want to warm up. Those microwaves are good for popcorn making.

Ah, a welcome to Sowe, a Pacific Northern homie. Stay around, we can be a chatty bunch.

Charade, more hugs. You are doing the right thing, even if mom gets mad. I hope all gets resolved and good thoughts to your mom.

And the talk of weather. Yeah, below freezing this morning, but one of the warmer days this week, as 47 the high today. By the end of the week, our high temps will be almost 10 degrees lower then the temp right now. A cloudy 28 degrees. But weather guy, on this early morning news, said will see the sun by the afternoon. I’ll take it. Hopefully that cloud clearing is in time to wear my shades on my lunchtime walk. Tried to use them on the Target run, on yesterday’s late afternoon, but was so overcast, was not happening. But was a quick enough drop in the car, and back to home I went.

And so, the week day routine it is. But hey, who do I see?
99A745B7-3AD2-432B-BB0F-019AA3153D82.jpeg

Yay! Camel knows, a Wednesday is a hump of a day. As we get over this hump of a day, it’s a get ready, Thirsty Thursday and then there’s that Fabulous Friday. Big YAY, as means the weekend is coming soon.

A good morning to Schumi. Glad you got the CD back, and nice you and your DH are volunteers. Yep, those toddler kids are usually cute. I used to read to a class when my kids were in our elementary school.

But as I’m up early, I’m enjoying my tea. I can see me napping, as a restless bedmate was last night. That alarm went off, and I was a slow mover. But a quick hot shower, and back to the routine that I’ve been already.

Most Wonderful Wednesday homies.

My morning has started off well. I was able to change one of my Disney ADRs. For EPCOT I originally had one of the Mexican restaurants (the one that the ride goes through) at 8:15, but realized that we would probably still be inside when the fireworks started. I checked this morning and there were several openings that weren't there yesterday including Rose and Crown at 6:05. B will be happy that I was able to get that reservation.

Good luck with your flights. I still haven't booked ours yet.

Hey all - new guy around here. Seattle based. Hope you’re all having a wonderful evening.
Welcome!

Would your daughter prefer a room to herself or hope for a new roommate??
She would like to have a new roommate, but will be fine either way. I told her to enjoy having the whole room to herself.

Yay! Camel knows, a Wednesday is a hump of a day. As we get over this hump of a day, it’s a get ready, Thirsty Thursday and then there’s that Fabulous Friday. Big YAY, as means the weekend is coming soon.
Ugh. Friday will not be fabulous for me. I have a "procedure" scheduled. Not looking forward to it.

I am going to attempt to get out of my driveway and go to work today. I just got caught up from the week I was off and now I am behind again.

My morning has started off well. I was able to change one of my Disney ADRs. For EPCOT I originally had one of the Mexican restaurants (the one that the ride goes through) at 8:15, but realized that we would probably still be inside when the fireworks started. I checked this morning and there were several openings that weren't there yesterday including Rose and Crown at 6:05. B will be happy that I was able to get that reservation.

Good luck with your flights. I still haven't booked ours yet.

Welcome!

She would like to have a new roommate, but will be fine either way. I told her to enjoy having the whole room to herself.

Ugh. Friday will not be fabulous for me. I have a "procedure" scheduled. Not looking forward to it.

I am going to attempt to get out of my driveway and go to work today. I just got caught up from the week I was off and now I am behind again.

Well, I hope if she gets a new roommate they get on well together, sounds like she really enjoys where she is Charade which must make you happy. As long as they`re happy, it`s all we really ask for I guess.

Oh good luck on Friday........procedures are never fun......hope it goes well.

Welcome to your new home “new guy”
My nickname for you as it’s less letters to write than sowetanamerican

i take a lot of short cuts now need to figure out your get name for here….

Pull up a chair and jump in !

lol......another board I used to post on about cars, one member had a name similar to fudruckers....but different ::yes:: ......and the amount of time some of us got it wrong.......well you can imagine the words we come up with!!

Face masks gone from next week over here in public places...........

i-4KHxKbT-S.gif

Every single person I know including us is double vaxxed and importantly had the booster too.....so very happy about that announcement!!

I think Boris may just save his butt after his disastrous month or so in politics with party gate with this one. We are almost out of pandemic, it`s now endemic and although we`re not out of the woods yet......we`re on the way..........

I think we need to celebrate........maybe not.

Walked a little today, but it was too windy and cold, annoyingly the wind has died down now and it`s lovely......but too busy this afternoon to walk....well Tom is as he is out volunteering. Snow predicted tomorrow morning so we may miss that too, but it`s January and to be expected.

I`ve portioned up the pulled pork and sauce and we got a fair few portions out of those butts........glad I made as much sauce as I did. But, that`s dinner tonight......

Few more hours on my own......listening to CD`s.....but Tom got me a proper record player as part of my christmas, we housed it in the back sitting room and as I still have loads of vinyl albums we`re going to have some fun playing those over the next few years......very retro apparently as they are selling like hotcakes!!

Time for a cuppa........

Welcome to your new home “new guy”
My nickname for you as it’s less letters to write than sowetanamerican

i take a lot of short cuts now need to figure out your pet name for here….

Pull up a chair and jump in !

Thanks for all the kind welcomes! Brenton is my name. I guess I've been here a bit longer than I thought as it says I've been a member since 2013. I take years breaks :)

Thanks for all the kind welcomes! Brenton is my name. I guess I've been here a bit longer than I thought as it says I've been a member since 2013. I take years breaks :)

I think we`ll use Brenton instead......if that`s ok with you

Whatcha think mac.......??

Posted before I meant to.......nice name too!!!

Hope you enjoy posting here..... :thumbsup2

We do need a Brenton here!
Catchy name and we don’t have any others with it

i checked it out and can answer one of his questions he asked in another thread ….

Tie up all the older folks and have them follow him when at the Darkside (UO)so they don’t get separated
Even whistles will work if anyone gets displace in the crowds

It can be a crowd at the parks when he and 22 others follow him

And start early … get in line before park opens and beat the rush as the park will fill up quickly

Brenton, many of us here do Disney ( what I refer to as the Motherland ), and many of the Orlando parks such as UO which I refer to as the Darkside.

Going during a holiday period, you need a plan

check out the park maps online so you know what rides are in each section
This will save you time at UO

and check online to see estimates of wait times for rides

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter