• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Something About Nothing............ #14

Hey all, belated Halloween greetings from the house of keisha…

look at me, getting all artsy-fartsy with my weeping angel pic
View attachment 715552
Sam doesn’t look quite pleased in the picture below, however I was. the old clown I fashioned out of a $5 goodwill costume years ago was ahem brought to new life with a lighting effect I dreamed up…make sure to zoom in on it’s face. View attachment 715553
It was raining & a pouring. Glad to have the pop up to duck under

Nice!

Lol, really? Heck, I was all full of myself for grabbing a few today to toss in the pile. every year say I’m gong to wrap as I go & every year it’s a marathon couple of days wrapping them At the bitter end.

You too? Surrounded by over-achievers lol. I keep a box full of generic sort of presents going. Lost it last year, thankfully surfaced again when I cleaned out a bedroom closet this weekend.

had my youngest DS & his two cats come for 4 night ‘staycation’ this weekend. Wanted to do a dry run they would be ok here when he travels. All, thankfully, went well other than I’m allergic to cats 🐈‍⬛🐈‍⬛ Sniffle snorfel

I have a real love-hate relationship with Etsy. Mostly re the WDW custom tshirts. Highly rated shops and about 50-50 received off center decals & even some shirts with holes in them! Don’t get me started on shipping delivery times, admittedly spoiled by amazon but, most seem to have had a 3 week turnaround.

received an email coupon for multiple stores, took a quick browse & found really cute personalized cat xmas decorations that are perfect for youngest DS.

Ordered two, then looked at delivery Date & method. Ok, approx 3 weeks as expected. Method: Royal mail. :scratchinI assume they are coming from England. Interesting the shipping time is both typical price and time as those in US:confused3

Nope, watch them all. Do think many of the spinoffs have really outshined the original the last few years. Admittedly 3 weeks back on TWD.

Well, at least 4 new ones on tap next year

Isle of Dead,
Darryl (no carole) in Paris,
Richonne ;)
&
an interesting FtWD spinoff-a prequel of sorts as to the crew of the sub USS PennsyLavinia

Aw, how sweet.

Whaaaat? going by leftover treats estimating 115. Pretty good for a steady drizzle. Word has gotten out, we give out dog treats, had to run back into house & get another bag of them.:dogdance:

we saw so many dads with a beer in one hand and wagon handle in the other. They have been known to hand out summary offenses (fine $500 range) to those obviously inebriated in public here when the adult is supposedly to be responsible for their kids.

What a world🧙‍♀️

Well, I never did get the appeal either, until now.

The ’lil ran amuck (amuck) & won a Hocus Pocus drag brunch halloween contest this weekend (in another one of those outcast $5 costumes found at goodwill :))

View attachment 715561

View attachment 715560

WOW!!!! You do Halloween the right way!!! I`d forgotten how amazing your decorations are........love the Weeping Angel and the face it up is fabulous!!!

And yes, you GD is fabulous as Chucky.....maybe I`ll rethink my thoughts on a terrible movie......lol.....she really does shine through her character. Did she still do the SA thing this year, I remember you mentioning it one time but wasn`t sure it was a regular thing. Congrats on her winning.....fabulous costume and a deserved winner!

Love the decorations you have.....I imagine your home would be engulfed due to the quality of the decor and my goodness doggy treats too!!!! A veritable paradise for Trick or Treaters.......

It`s funny re Etsy vs Amazon, yes a week ago I ordered a rather lovely thing for holding keys for our hallway, not due till between the 9th-18th of this month. I could have got a generic one from Amazon next day for one tenth of the price.....but went with Etsy as it was so pretty. Amazon has us spoilt for sure.

I`m an over achiever??? YAY.....Always wanted to be one of them.....lol.....I prefer that to the description Tom uses for me for being so "organised" :rotfl:

Love the pictures......::yes::

Dry Wednesday this morning......rained most of the night but very light......looks lovely but cool, so it`ll be warmer jacket today, but at least sun is shining.

Hope I see something I like in the first place this morning, I like to just walk in and spot something, get it ordered and then it`s done. And trying to get timing right for deliveries between decorators and so on.

So, planning to get out early, back home have lunch, then we are both getting our 4th Covid jab and maybe the flu one too, haven`t decided on that one yet, not everyone is routinely offered it here.

Dinner is pulled pork and going to make a rich and creamy mac n cheese as a side as I think Kyle is joining us for dinner tonight. He won`t eat the pulled pork as it is very spicy, so will do some chicken to go with it for him.

Croissants, continental ham and fruit for breakfast this morning and maybe a little dip of lemon curd too......and of course my usual tea!!!

i-9ftVKxv-S.gif

cv52-M.png

Happy Wednesday........ ☺️

Last edited:
57DC4379-68DE-40BD-959D-BA1B716B175D.jpeg

Why hello lovely camel. See you are trotting by to celebrate the fact that we are at mid week in our first week in where November started. And so, get over this hump feeling Wednesday, and yay, favorite happy feeling Friday is now two days away. And a birthday one for us too. Woot!

And a most dark and beautifully clear sky seen right now. And a bright and golden sunrise to be an hour and a half from now. Sunny and close to 70 this afternoon. Most gorgeous Fall weather we are having to start November.

Wonderful Wednesday to all.

Tea. Yep. Lots of it here. 52 out now. And back to that routine week day.

It's that hump day feeling. I can see the weekend on the horizon!!!

I did end up working last night. I figured I would. It is rare that power goes out here - especially when there is cool/cold weather. We can't go without power for long periods. It's a hazard - and the linesmen and companies work VERY hard to keep a steady supply of power.

I do have a couple of shifts over the weekend coming up. I will have to have a little meeting with the scheduling manager I think. I only aggreed/want to work on day on the weekend. I need the other day to get my other things done - cleaning, shopping etc etc etc. and he seems to be scheduling me for full weekends :sad2: He is a new manager in this store - so I am hoping he will work with me on my availability. If not..there are many other retail jobs looking for employees right now.

Dropped my car off to get tires switched out to my winter ones, and get a couple of small things looked at. I asked dh ( who picked me up at the mechanics) if he would stop to get me a tea....nope....he had to get back to work :sad: So I skipped Tim's this morning....now I remember why I never use skip. OH my that was an expensive Tim's run - I also got a couple of things for the work crew in here...but geeze :scared: that was pricey!!!!

Well, I should get started shuffling some papers.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Last edited:
Forgot my quotes
we saw so many dads with a beer in one hand and wagon handle in the other. They have been known to hand out summary offenses (fine $500 range) to those obviously inebriated in public here when the adult is supposedly to be responsible for their kids.
Great decorations!!!! Your costumes were fantastic! I am sure that happens here as well. We live in a VERY blue collar town who tend to do things like that :sad2: I just like to offer the hot chocolate (with Bailey's if they want it) to help keep the parents warm. Some would just ask to refill their travel mug they are already carrying around.
So, planning to get out early, back home have lunch, then we are both getting our 4th Covid jab and maybe the flu one too, haven`t decided on that one yet, not everyone is routinely offered it here.

Dinner is pulled pork and going to make a rich and creamy mac n cheese as a side as I think Kyle is joining us for dinner tonight. He won`t eat the pulled pork as it is very spicy, so will do some chicken to go with it for him.
I hope that job doesn't hit you too hard. Your pulled pork sounds delicious!!!! If you published a cookbook, I would be the first in line to buy it!!! Your meals always sound delightful!
I pulled a moose roast out of the freezer this morning. There are 3 ways I can use it - depending on how this one is cut. Either cut some smaller steaks with it and with what's remaining make steak bites with asparagus and mushrooms or keep it as a roast and toss it into the instant pot. I prefer the smaller steaks myself - just easier to make with a quick flop in a pan, then into the oven to finish or toss into the airfryer and make them into a steak sandwich.
And a most dark and beautifully clear sky seen right now. And a bright and golden sunrise to be an hour and a half from now. Sunny and close to 70 this afternoon. Most gorgeous Fall weather we are having to start November.
Enjoy that weather! The days sure are short now. Soon enough I'll be going to work and coming home in the dark.

Well, off to do the daily paper shuffle - tea is now gone...my signal to get started for the day!

After spending two hours of my pathetic life having more dental work done this morning, I finally am not numb anymore

I really dread dental work
It always kind of hurts

$2000 yea that is not a typo…. but I am pain free now.

Another molar will be dealt with in two weeks.
One more root canal and think that should be it

Just have to make decisions on when to have 4 implants set up once gums heals up

The costs never concern me
I put everything on a cc and let Mr Mac deal with it.
and I tell him to remember a happy wife means happy life for him

Does anyone have left over candy from Oct 31?

Mr Mac found one bag of chocolate bars we forgot to put out for Halloween.

That made him happy and he stopped whining about everything.

I need to remember to keep bags of chocolate candy in the house for when I go back to the dentist.
Chocolate always softens the blow for him
lol

After spending two hours of my pathetic life having more dental work done this morning, I finally am not numb anymore

It always kind of hurts

Just have to make decisions on when to have 4 implants set up once gums heals up
Sending you lots of healing :hug:. It's good to hear you'll be pain free now. A good dentist is worth their weight in gold...that is for sure.

Temps seem to be diving today. No snow forecasted, but cold enough so that once we get some white stuff...it will probably stay.. Oh well, it was a great run! I will be pulling my coats out tonight when I get home.

Now off to catch up on some trip reports!

Forgot my quotes

Great decorations!!!! Your costumes were fantastic! I am sure that happens here as well. We live in a VERY blue collar town who tend to do things like that :sad2: I just like to offer the hot chocolate (with Bailey's if they want it) to help keep the parents warm. Some would just ask to refill their travel mug they are already carrying around.

I hope that job doesn't hit you too hard. Your pulled pork sounds delicious!!!! If you published a cookbook, I would be the first in line to buy it!!! Your meals always sound delightful!
I pulled a moose roast out of the freezer this morning. There are 3 ways I can use it - depending on how this one is cut. Either cut some smaller steaks with it and with what's remaining make steak bites with asparagus and mushrooms or keep it as a roast and toss it into the instant pot. I prefer the smaller steaks myself - just easier to make with a quick flop in a pan, then into the oven to finish or toss into the airfryer and make them into a steak sandwich.

Enjoy that weather! The days sure are short now. Soon enough I'll be going to work and coming home in the dark.

Well, off to do the daily paper shuffle - tea is now gone...my signal to get started for the day!

lol....you`re not the first to suggest a cook book! I never follow recipes though, always works out fine!

Enjoy the Moose.....not something we see over here.....lol.......and hope the new manager comes round to your way of thinking and plays the game your way. If not you`re right, I`m sure you`ll find something else that might suit you better.

It always kind of hurts

The costs never concern me
I put everything on a cc and let Mr Mac deal with it.
and I tell him to remember a happy wife means happy life for him

Does anyone have left over candy from Oct 31?

Mr Mac found one bag of chocolate bars we forgot to put out for Halloween.

That made him happy and he stopped whining about everything.

I need to remember to keep bags of chocolate candy in the house for when I go back to the dentist.
Chocolate always softens the blow for him
lol

I haven`t gone to bed yet, managing to keep the old peepers open......lol.....

hugs!!! Pain free is good though. Yes, dental work is not cheap, but it is worth it for sure and it won`t be too long till you`re all sorted. And yes, Happy Wife Happy life for sure.

Hope mr mac enjoys the chocolate.

Managed to sort out our new bedroom furniture today, all of it. New built in wardrobes ordered and a new bed and mattress ordered too. All coming mid February by the time he builds them as he is so busy, but we need to wait for decorators and flooring anyway. Feb will work fine, happy with what we decided on though, time to get rid of that four poster bed and a change of style in our room.

Then both flu and Covid vaccinations today. Feeling very tired tonight, although we did enjoy dinner. Lazy night along the sofa tonight unless I head to bed, but weather is wild and woolly here, high winds and rain for now, it`ll be gone by morning though.

Supposed to be an electrician coming tonight to look at redoing some lights too, but he hasn`t turned up, I`m surprised as he is very reliable. He`ll call tomorrow I`m sure to reschedule.

Aw Mac, glad to hear pain free. Medical and dental not cheap at all. But good dentist, worth price you paid.

Hehe, little one in shorts. Don’t blame her. 68 this afternoon, so warm feeling to us. No jacket needed. And mid 70’s highs at the end of the week. Wahoo! Shorts to be for days to come.

I hear you Lynne

When I was 21, I wore shorts when it was cold

But those days are long over for me now

My sons never wore their coats when it was cold weather when they were end of high school years and later college years

Think my sons were 25 before they realized what hats, coats and gloves were used for….

Pumpkin
move south to Georgia
It is 75 here right now and Mr Mac has the ac cranked up too high for me

wearing a jacket as I write this….

You got even warmer yesterday too!!! You have the best weather.......love hearing about how nice it is where you are!!

Is there any chocolate left....... :duck:

Two sore arms this morning, maybe sore is too strong a term, more like quite tender after the jabs yesterday, but both of us feel absolutely fine....we had heard some horror stories of folks being really unwell after having both, but think we`re ok now.

Slept unbelievably well last night, although I usually do, but didn`t even wake up once to glance at the time. But, woke up this morning to hear the gales had died down thankfully.

Day at home today, plan on doing a little cleaning, a little baking....Tom wants some rosemary bread, so rosemary bread he will have for lunch alongside a spicy chicken salad, will cook the chicken thighs this morning, let them go cold then make up a spicy coronation chicken salad. Dinner will be the same chicken but done in a honey mustard sauce.

Looks to be a decent day though.

We have Bonfire Night on Saturday this year......Remember Remember the 5th of November, famous Guy Fawkes Gunpowder Plot of course.....some of the fireworks folks set off in their own gardens could rock any war zone!!! It`s crazy what folks can buy, but then I hate fireworks. Tend not to go out that night.

Folks with pets and vulnerable folks hate them too.

Usual morning pot of tea coming up....

i-CsT4sgN-S.gif

cv70%20%282%29-S.jpg

☺️

0F3AE8D9-EC48-4077-AD0E-76C1AF6AA4D9.jpeg

Ah yes, that early morning commute, took a break to take picture. Not quite sunrise yet. Sunrise still an hour away.

But quick commute, though had that dew on the windows that’s so hard to clear until a good few minutes driving. Hated when opposite cars we coming past me. LoL But was clear as got closer to entrance, so quick to park and on my second cup of tea.

You might now, forgot my shades, and to be another glorious sunny day. Good thing I think little one left her sunglasses in my car. They will do.

No jacket, as was 64 when I left, but should be 69 degrees when I commute home. Not forgetting my jacket this time. ::yes::

And yep, Pumpkin , getting to be the time of year I too come and go in the dark. Clock changes this coming weekend.

Like seeing a bonfire 🔥, Schumi. Hope great weather for you this Saturday night.

So drinks are the menu today. Thirsty Thursday it is. Doing my part. Tea drinking no matter where.

So a good Thursday morning to all.

Just saw schumi and Tom had their next series of shots
think it is round 4 for them?

my 4th shot was first day of April which was 8 months back

I’ll check with my doctor to see if I need a 5th jab
Would make sense my immunity level is not effective now being this far out

It's that Thirsty Thursday feeling

The weekend is right around the corner - thank goodness. I will get to catch a few extra winks (hopefully) in the mornings. Dh and ds are heading out for hunting over the weekend. Time to get that freezer full again.

Temps dipped and it feels cold :cold: I will have to get acclimated again lol. Pulled out the big gun this morning to wear. I am not taking any chances. I really don't like getting chilled. It always takes me a little longer to acclimate to the cold temps. Brrrrrrrrrr

Managed to sort out our new bedroom furniture today, all of it. New built in wardrobes ordered and a new bed and mattress ordered too. All coming mid February by the time he builds them as he is so busy, but we need to wait for decorators and flooring anyway. Feb will work fine, happy with what we decided on though, time to get rid of that four poster bed and a change of style in our room.
It is always nice to get some pieces of furniture to refresh an area. There are so many choices of mattresses right now. We are debating what type we want for our new one. It is time to replace ours - we just don't know what type we want. Foam, pillow-top, firmess??????? lol
Pumpkin
move south to Georgia
It is 75 here right now and Mr Mac has the ac cranked up too high for me
I would LOVE to more to Georgia. Dh has been there several times for work. He loves it there. We are thinking we might check out the nascar race in Atlanta or stay in Atlanta and go to the Talladega race.
Two sore arms this morning, maybe sore is too strong a term, more like quite tender after the jabs yesterday, but both of us feel absolutely fine....we had heard some horror stories of folks being really unwell after having both, but think we`re ok now.
It's good to hear your not feeling too bad from it! That was my complaint about the jab - I always had a really sore arm.
No jacket, as was 64 when I left, but should be 69 degrees when I commute home. Not forgetting my jacket this time. ::yes::
Enjoy those temps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I should start shuffling these papers.

Have a great day everyone!

Just saw schumi and Tom had their next series of shots
think it is round 4 for them?

my 4th shot was first day of April which was 8 months back

I’ll check with my doctor to see if I need a 5th jab
Would make sense my immunity level is not effective now being this far out

Yep, 3rd booster so 4th overall and the flu shot for the first time. No bad side effects thank goodness.

I know some folks who have had their 5th already......when will it end.....if ever!

It's that Thirsty Thursday feeling

The weekend is right around the corner - thank goodness. I will get to catch a few extra winks (hopefully) in the mornings. Dh and ds are heading out for hunting over the weekend. Time to get that freezer full again.

Temps dipped and it feels cold :cold: I will have to get acclimated again lol. Pulled out the big gun this morning to wear. I am not taking any chances. I really don't like getting chilled. It always takes me a little longer to acclimate to the cold temps. Brrrrrrrrrr

It is always nice to get some pieces of furniture to refresh an area. There are so many choices of mattresses right now. We are debating what type we want for our new one. It is time to replace ours - we just don't know what type we want. Foam, pillow-top, firmess??????? lol

I would LOVE to more to Georgia. Dh has been there several times for work. He loves it there. We are thinking we might check out the nascar race in Atlanta or stay in Atlanta and go to the Talladega race.

It's good to hear your not feeling too bad from it! That was my complaint about the jab - I always had a really sore arm.

Enjoy those temps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I should start shuffling these papers.

Have a great day everyone!

Our mattress right now is firm, but the one we have chosen is medium which we didn`t expect, but it is firmer feeling. It`s one of those intelligent cooling ones but it is memory foam which we`ve had for years in all of ours, they are so expensive though. Even I did a double take and wondered if they`d added too many zero`s!!!!

But considering how long we spend in bed, worth every penny......

I love the choices we`ve made for the room. The whole room and master bath will be completely done over so it`ll be a big change....again!!! I can`t wait, but it won`t be done until Mid February, so I have to be patient.

Arms are not too bad today, but still tender thanks.

I`m sorry you`re cold again.....yes, it`s not easy to get back into that cold weather mindset.......we`ve made that turn I think, nowhere near as bad as you get it of course.....I think you`ll always win that award!!!!

Hope you have a great day too Pumpkin......

Happy Halloween!!!!!

We made it back from the big city. Kids are all moved in and mostly settled. They moved into a smaller home - so there were decisions that needed to be made...still some boxes to go through and pick out what they want to keep or donate. But for the most part...they are moved in.

Enjoyed our time with our gd. She didn't want us to go home...broke my heart to leave her :sad: Thank goodness for video chatting now! She is definitely growing toooo fast! Dumb and Dumber were very happy to see their Mom & Dad. They will have an adjustment period in the new house. But I sure missed my little partners in crime last night when I was locked up the house and heading to bed. There were no extra hugs and pets to give them...or fighting over the space on the bed for everyone to get into their own zones :laughing:

It is another surprisingly warm day here! It's a brown halloween!!!! THAT doesn't happen often! It will be a beautiful night for them to go out trick or treating. There will be no snowsuit wearing under the costumes this year! I can't wait to see all the little ghosts and goblins come to the door! I bought one box of treats for the trick or treaters - and one box for the household. Dh and boys love their chocolate, so I always make sure there is enough for the trick or treaters. And yes - I hide it or else it gets eaten before halloween.

Surprisingly there is that dreaded "s" word forecasted for later in the week. BUT we did see the geese are still here yet - so I am hopeful we don't get much more than a skiff of it.

@macraven I believe @Sue M watches that show yet.

@Charade67 - Great mark!!!! I hope you can find the motivation you have been missing.

@schumigirl - I hope you find the perfect lights that you are looking for. Dh is a sparky - so I have always been able to find what I was looking for. He knew where to go, but sometimes it was a struggle - as it would be the obscure little store that would have what I was looking for. I have my eye on a new closet organizer as well. I am hoping next time we go to the city - there will be one in the truck box for dh to assemble.

@Robo56 Happy Halloween to you as well!

Well, I should shuffle a few more papers. Gotta love month end!

Have a spooky day everyone!
👋🏻 What show do I watch? 🙃

'I’m still alive! Lol. It’s been a busy fall with wedding planning. Then got really crazy so haven’t been around.
Daughter (youngest, 32) got married Oct 1 outside wedding. Weather was summer like.
But………my husband had a stroke 3 days before wedding. Symptoms weren’t typical. He had nausea and was a little off balance. At first we thought it was a stomach flu. But next day his brother said he thought we should take him to ER. Turns out it was a brain bleed.
we were lucky it was small,and they were able to stop it.

He got out for the wedding. So thankful. Our daughter canceled rehearsal dinner and the wedding reception. We had the wedding and reception at husbands brothers back yard. The bridesmaids put together an entire new wedding in 24 hrs. The wedding was always planned for the garden. But they put together the entire reception, they were amazing. And since it was only 3 blocks from home her daddy was able to go, and leave when he needed to.

We’re still working on stabilizing blood pressure.

So that’s what I’ve been up to! :guilty:

Sue, very sorry to hear of DH’s stroke, and glad he had that brain bleed stop. Sending lots of mummy dust well wishes to him. And wedding congratulations to your daughter. So nice the weather was perfect for her wedding.

Beautiful day here, a run of 5 or 6 in the high 60s & 70s woot

Lynne that was some game last night. Can’t remember when the series was quite as interesting in recent times

I only aggreed/want to work on day on the weekend
Give them an inch…
$2000 yea that is not a typo…. but I am pain free now
Wow seems like no major issues until last few years, then it caught up to you Hopefully, done for a bit there

Mr keeps asking me “you know what they do to horses when their teeth go bad, don’t you”
o_O
Enjoy the Moose.....not something we see over here.....lol..
Squirrel, not moose lol
Ouch. Ima wuss, both vaccines tend to give me a half day in bed with a high fever, zoned out
But………my husband had a stroke 3 days before wedding. Symptoms weren’t typical. He had nausea and was a little off balance. At first we thought it was a stomach flu. But next day his brother said he thought we should take him to ER. Turns out it was a brain bleed.
we were lucky it was small,and they were able to stop it
OMG so scary for you. Prayers sent your way Keep us in the loop please

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter