Solo Deluxe Dining, Apr 30 - May 7, w/pics!

Why didn't you tell me you were doing another TR? I found it by myself! I'm on board for this one! I'm looking forward to reading it!

Loving your report so far and can't wait to read more!!
Happy early birthday bye the way!! I'm glad you wore your button!

I'm jumping on board too.....we going to Disney in October and will be on the DxDp at several of the restaurants you'll be reviewing :) .

Loving your report so far - I'm doing my first solo trip, leaving Wednesday. I'm not on the dining plan though. Just curious how it was eating solo in all the restaurants, mainly the table service? I tend to have a complex about eating alone, but I can't starve myself for 4 days, right? :laughing:

Can't wait to read the rest of your reviews - great pics too!

dis2008-05020.jpg

Absolutely delicious!

That looks tasty ! Although, the peas seem like an odd thing to put with it...:confused3

Ahh well, looking forward to more !

Subscribing.

And you're inspiring me, Marcia. I'm going to WDW with my daughter June 22-27th; my birthday is July 18th. Do you think I should acknowledge my birthday while I'm there? Did you have a problem celebrating early?

Subscribing.

And you're inspiring me, Marcia. I'm going to WDW with my daughter June 22-27th; my birthday is July 18th. Do you think I should acknowledge my birthday while I'm there? Did you have a problem celebrating early?

totally do it! nobody made a big deal, even when i got carded a few times (ouch!), they didn't say a word.

whenever anybody asked me if it was the actual day or if it was coming, i said it was coming. worked for me! definitely go for it.

and i'm sitting at my grandmother's house right now, "borrowing" internet from someone (wifi, yay!), and really bored right now. so i think i might have some time to add in another review now.

Thanks for the quick reply! What the heck - I think I'll go for it! Don't think I'll ever be there on my actual birthday so what do I have to lose?:laughing:

Ok - so I have a stupid question. I've already made my ADRs; should I call Disney Dining and tell them we are celebrating a birthday or should I just wait until I check in at each restaurant?

BTW - I'm originally from Hudson County, NJ - Bayonne to be exact. Not happy stuck in Mass. right now!:sad2:

Cape May Cafe, breakfast, Thurs 05.01.08

I don't have my notes with me (remember, at grandmother's for Mother's Day...Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers, btw!!!), but I think I should be okay for this one. I've got lots of pics.

Pretty sure I had a 10:40am ADR for this one, so I did my rope drop Epcot stuff, grabbed some FPs, and walked back through the International Gateway to make my way over to the Beach Club. Now, this is a breakfast I have done before, and knew it had a great spread, and wonderful characters. So I was really looking forward to it.

When I arrived at 10:30, they couldn't find me in the system. Good thing I carried my ADR #'s around with me. Seems as though the CM had scheduled me for a few days later. So the wonderful CM at the podium told me it would be no problem, and I was seated about 10 minutes later.

I took *tons* of pictures here. And well, I plan to include them all, even the character pics, since it's about the experience here.

Anyway, I was seated at a 2-top, and my server came by right away to take my order. Coffee. Please. Yes, icky WDW coffee. I'd already had 2 mug-fuls from Pop in the morning. I need the caffeine, I'll admit it. I drink the sludge.

Then I was left to the buffet. Here's the view from my table:
dis2008-05058.jpg

Goofy and Dale actually came by quickly before I even had a chance to get any food
dis2008-05059.jpg

dis2008-05060.jpg

now, on to the good stuff
dis2008-05061.jpg

Let's see, top right hand corner is some yogurt with granola. Then we have scrambled eggs, some sort of cheese blintz, mickey waffle!, pineapple, grapes, and syrup in the middle. Only had a few bites of each, had to save room for other goodies!

dis2008-05062.jpg

Here we have the DELICIOUS bread pudding, and some strawberries. This stuff was so good. So so good!

dis2008-05063.jpg

Mickey Waffle (yes, I did finish those!), sausage, more scrambled eggs, potatoes, some pastry, and a piece of b'fast pizza. Now, I have no idea why I took the sausage, because I don't like sausage. Who knows! I was in Disney, must have been a little craziness taking over my brain. The eggs were really good, you know they make great scrambled eggs at WDW. The pastry was dry, so I only had a small bite, and I wasn't a fan of the pizza. I think it had crumbles of some sort of meat on it, so that wasn't for me.

Next, Chip came by for a visit
dis2008-05064.jpg

Then I went around and took pics around the whole buffet
fruit
dis2008-05065.jpg

more fruit and bagels
dis2008-05066.jpg

toppings for the bagels, cottage cheese, and stuff
dis2008-05067.jpg

oatmeal and grits i think?
dis2008-05068.jpg

hot foods
dis2008-05069.jpg

more hot foods
dis2008-05070.jpg

pastries
dis2008-05071.jpg

the AWESOME bread pudding (pic doesn't do it justice!) and muffins
dis2008-05072.jpg

mickey waffles!
dis2008-05073.jpg

Now that the food parade is over, take a look at the gorgeous Minnie
dis2008-05074.jpg

Overall, I love this breakfast. It's got a great spread of food, awesome characters/interaction, and it's just plain fun. I love the fruit bar, and the yogurt bar. Such good stuff. I will most definitely be back!

next up: Akershus, lunch w/the Princesses!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter