• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Solo at Disneyland

godders

DIS Veteran
Hey everyone!

Looks like I'm going to be heading to Disneyland in February for the first time in 10 years and it will be solo.

Any of you regular solo trippers been to DL and if so do you have any tips? I am doing this trip with no idea where to begin!

Thanks guys!

I did only a day solo there last year. If you haven't been to DL it's a little different than WDW, but mostly similar. I described it like being in an alternate dimension, where Big Thunder is on the other side of the river. The most important issue is that they still use old-school FastPass, so make sure to work that system! Specifically regarding solos, I can't think of anything that is too different form WDW. Since you will be solo, take advantage of being able to move fast between the parks. I kinda treat DL and DCA as one BIG park and hopped between them several times as FP times demanded. Have fun!

I'm local to Disneyland so I go solo at least twice a month. If you are staying at a Disney Resort you definitely want to take advantage of the extra magic hours. In addition I would definitely purchase the multi-day park hopper to jump between the parks. I jump to DCA when the parade is going on at DLR and vice versa but this is only because I've seen the parades multiple times. I would also suggest downloading the Disneyland App that will help with determining wait times, what rides are closed, places to eat, character locations, etc. Some of the more popular rides to get fast passes are Radiator Springs Racers (RSR), World of Color, Fantasmic, Soarin' over California, and Indiana Jones. They have single rider lines for RSR, Screamin', and the Matterhorn and these move fast except for RSR which is why I recommend a fast pass for that ride. Send me a PM if you have any other questions.

In addition to the tips above, there's also single rider line for Indiana Jones and Splash Mountain. Do you have a hotel booked already? How many days will you be there?

Unfortunately I can't afford to stay on site but I'm staying 3 nights at one of the hotels only a 10 minute walk away (can't remember which) and then going over to the Hilton at Universal for 2 nights. Think I'm planning on 2 1/2 days at Disneyland then 2 days for Universal.

Last time I went to Disney with FP (rather than FP+) was 2010 and then my Mum used to go and them because she didn't do the big rides so it's a bit of a foreign concept for me

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter