Soft Open of Star Tours

gadeac

Earning My Ears
Sorry if this has already been posted but at Hollywood Studios now and getting ready to ride the new Star Tours. They are not allowing photography or video.

And it's great. A lot more movement. The 3 D is a great addition. My wife wasn't big on the last one but really liked this one.

We were told they were open a couple hours yesterday and opened at 10 am today.

Yesterday was our last day at WDW and we raced over to DHS midafternoon and rode 3 times. Lots of fun and glad we gotto go on!

For anyone who has ridden this ride so far, do you know how they are handling the rider swap for parents with a younger child not tall enough to ride? Are they giving out rider swap passes? or do you still walk up with the child and swap at the actual ride?

And it's great. A lot more movement. The 3 D is a great addition. My wife wasn't big on the last one but really liked this one.

We were told they were open a couple hours yesterday and opened at 10 am today.

So excited to hear this. Wasn't sure I would be willing to stand in the very long lines that are predicted. Sounds like the whole experience has been enhanced; not just the addition of 3D and new locations. So excited!! 5 more days!!!!

Looks like they activated the FP lines today as well.

Haven't heard how rider switch is being handled. They may do it no differently that normal - which means it could be either way :)

With it being so busy for the foreseeable future, I would guess that rider switch passes will be used.

What's the height requirement? Wondering if it would change at all with the new version.

Ride was alot of fun.. went yesterday and was told same about being open since 10am. My nephew rode twice yesterday, and deff got 2 different experiences (something like 52 different scenarios are there for unique rides)

Ride was alot of fun.. went yesterday and was told same about being open since 10am. My nephew rode twice yesterday, and deff got 2 different experiences (something like 52 different scenarios are there for unique rides)

There are 54 total, and it looks like my prediction (in other threads) was true - there are 2 different opening scenes, then three "acts", each of which can be one of three different scenes.

I hope the reviewer is correct in thinking it will draw some of the RD crowd away from TSM. Although this may change my own morning strategy.

Star Tours was open today. TSM was just as nuts as usual

Yeah, but I don't think word has gotten out yet that it is open since the official opening is May 20th (most people don't have the knowledge us DIS'ers have). I don't think we will know the true effects on TSM until later into the summer.

I am now extremely gutted! im a big star wars fan and we just got home yesterday. we was told on day 4 of our trip by a cast member in tatooine traders that they wasnt even expecting it to be ready for sww! i was planning to go back a few times just incase there was a soft opening but didnt after she said that. now i know i had the chance to go on i am so disappointed i cannot explain!

ooh ! My parents and brother are there NOW and going to see it if is open today ! I hope so for their sakes !!!!:cheer2:

If you follow @StarTours2Live on Twitter they are sending out constant updates on soft openings and wait times (including Fast Pass) of Star Tours! Thanks to them DH and I were able to ride twice on Saturday during a short break from Destination D! Awesome.

If you follow @StarTours2Live on Twitter they are sending out constant updates on soft openings and wait times (including Fast Pass) of Star Tours! Thanks to them DH and I were able to ride twice on Saturday during a short break from Destination D! Awesome.

Exactly. That is how we found out as well! Saturday was our last day and we were doing AK and MK that day. Well on the tram out to the car from AK we got the twitter message that it had just opened so we rushed over to DHS and rode 3 times. We never would have known without that twitter message and would have missed out since we left on a 7:15 am flight Sunday morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter