• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sofa beds

Sometimes the resort has a pillow topper you can use. I would ask about that. I've even had them give me an inflatable mattress before and just slept on that over the sofa bed.

Nothing short of replacing them with the newer murphy beds like at SSR and Riviera will help. The mattress toppers they provide are usually left over from other guests. They don't usually have them in stock.

Not much can be done...hopefully they will all convert to Murphy beds in the future
Probably not at OKW. There isn't anywhere to put that set up in the living room. Too many lovely windows.

The pull out at Bay Lake Tower was nice. My Dad actually preferred sleeping on that than the bed at Pop Century. It’s more supportive. Or so he says. No topper or anything.

Our families biggest complaint against DVC, are the awful pullouts. Bring your own air mattress and if you cannot and you find it uncomfortable, then I would suggest trading off with someone else every few days. For me it seemed like I could handle it for 2-3 nights but then my back started really stiffening up after that. Good luck.

I tend to sleep on the couch as it is and not bother with the pullout but that only works if you are not very tall (I am just about 5 foot 6). I find the narrower sleeping space and my feet hanging off the edge a bit is still more comfortable than sleeping on the pullout mattress.

My 17 year old doesn’t mind the ones we have had at AKV. We will see how she likes the one at the Boardwalk.

We have always found them comfortable, much more so than normal sofa sleepers. Our first time using them was 19 years ago at the Boardwalk Villas (DH slept once with our oldest in the living room, and that night he said it was fine). They are quite nice!

Doesn't Boardwalk Villas have the murphy bed under the TV? My daughter loved that. Although, she was 6 at the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter