• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Soaring - The Best Place to Sit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be careful with the terminology here. (Had an extensive thread on this a few months back.) A/B/C mean left/center/right, with B always being in the center. (Depending on which concourse, A can be either left or right, though.) And 1/2/3 mean top/middle/bottom row.

I'm an exceptional case, as my preference is for A1 or C1, provided that I'm in the seat closest to the B section. That one takes a bit of work and explanation to CMs, because you have to know whether it means being the first one in the line or the last while waiting on the chevrons in the pre-show waiting area.

Thank you for that clarification.....it's as clear as mud now!!! No I really mean it...you cleared things up for me

My first go on the new Soarin' was top left, and it was still delightfully disorienting when you get the visual cues you're swinging around backwards. I can't wait to try it from a centre seat!

One member of my party had never experienced Soarin' before, and as I said we were on the top row. She's deathly afraid of heights, but you're swept up so quickly she didn't realise how far off the ground we were! Aside from her death grip on the arm rests, she enjoyed it.

I believe the ride cycles in about 10 minutes (the actual movie is about 5 minutes). But it seems longer when you are waiting.

And if we are to request B1 (or B2 I'd guess is also great? How's B3?).

Which CM should we make the request to?

And if we are to request B1 (or B2 I'd guess is also great? How's B3?).

Which CM should we make the request to?
You want B1(With B2 & B3 you will have other Guests' feet "dangling" in front of you).:)

When you arrive at the Gates("Loading areas"),a Flight Attendant will ask how many are in your Party.

Tell them "There are X of us and we would like B1 if possible and we don't mind waiting for the next Flight if necessary.".:)

(One caveat-sometimes a Flight Attendent will come out to the line before it gets to the Gates and ask there is a Party of 1 or a Party of 2.
For this they are just trying to fill in some open seats on a current Flight and Guests can't request seats in that situation,the Guests are just seated wherever the open seats are on that Flight-can be anywhere.)

Last edited:
I thought the new film quite breath-taking, the second time around...first time we were in the extreme right hand seats and WOW! The Great Pyramid had a tilt, and the Eiffel Tower was positively hook- shaped. I have to say it hammered home that we were watching a movie, and from the cheap seats, at that.

So glad we lucked out on a subsequent visit. I would advise anyone who will have only one opportunity to ride, to ask politely if they could wait for seating that provides a less distorted viewing, if they will be on the outward ends.

I thought the new film quite breath-taking, the second time around...first time we were in the extreme right hand seats and WOW! The Great Pyramid had a tilt, and the Eiffel Tower was positively hook- shaped. I have to say it hammered home that we were watching a movie, and from the cheap seats, at that.

So glad we lucked out on a subsequent visit. I would advise anyone who will have only one opportunity to ride, to ask politely if they could wait for seating that provides a less distorted viewing, if they will be on the outward ends.
We had the same experience last week. I hadn't read anything about the ride because I wanted to be surprised. I certainly was! The Eiffel Tower was so curved and the pyramids looked almost twisted. It really discounted the enjoyment of the ride. We were in the dead center (middle of the center section) on our second ride and it was SO much better. That view was breathtaking. I am a bit surprised Disney hasn't tried to fix this...although that would likely mean a shut down again.

Does anyone know if any seats are worse/better for motion sickness?

I'd take a worse view if it helped reduce motion sickness, as a couple of members of our party were slightly to somewhat bothered afterwards. (Sorry if that's getting too off-topic here...)

FWIW, we sat in the middle of (I believe) C1. I noticed the Eiffel Tower being curved but not the pyramids or anything else.

You want B1(With B2 & B3 you will have other Guests' feet "dangling" in front of you).:)

When you arrive at the Gates("Loading areas"),a Flight Attendant will ask how many are in your Party.

Tell them "There are X of us and we would like B1 if possible and we don't mind waiting for the next Flight if necessary.".:)

Yes.... I always make sure I add the "we don't mind waiting" part QUICKLY after my request bc once I didn't get that part out fast enough and a CM snapped at me, "Well, you're going to have to wait, ya know!"
(Besides that one, I've always had the most accommodating CMs in this situation)

We rope dropped Soarin' on Monday. The family of three in front of us and DW and I opted to skip the first flight of the day from Concourse C and requested B1. The CM said "ahhh... experienced travelers" and moved us down to just outside of the B queuing area. They continued to fill in the flight while we waited.

We had a marvelous flight.

Back row center.

My sister & ridden the new Soarin several times. We have had front row center, middle row left, & back row center. I found the front row center had the most distortion & you can't see everything from that vantage point. Where as back row center center there was not as much distortion & we were able to view everything on the screen.

We rode 3 times our last trip. The first time we just took the seats we were given (A1) and the distortion was terrible. The second time, we requested B2 and, while the view was pretty much perfect, we missed the feeling of height that we got in the first row. The third time, we requested B1 and thought it was absolutely spectacular. Being up that high really adds to the experience, with so many of the landmarks being so large.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter