Soaring - The Best Place to Sit

Status
Not open for further replies.

fbarker

DIS Veteran
I just watched the Best of Epcot with Steve and Oliver. They both said the Soaring is their #1 but they did have a discussion as to where is the best place to sit on the ride. It use to be the #1 row so that you are above everyone else Steve is saying row #1 is still the best place to sit, but Oliver is saying that because of some of the camera angles its best to be in row 2 or 3. So for all you people who have ridden the new Soaring what is your feeling as to the best place to sit.

I've ridden the new Soarin several times. I'd agree that the center section is "best" as there is less apparent curvature of of vertical elements (i.e. Eiffel Tower) which I found disconcerting.

I also prefer the upper level of seats and haven't noticed any apparent distortion from that vantage point.

I'm curious to read the responses. I haven't ridden the new one yet but I've read people on the DIS say that the center is best, due to the apparent curvature as OKW Lover mentions.

I just rode last week in both the top left and the bottom center rows. Bottom center was better than top left in that there was less obvious distortion of vertical straight lines. The bottom center row had a minor flaw in that you could see the edge of the screen a bit at the bottom. But overall I would guess that center/center would have the overall most immersive and least distorted view.

I guess I was lucky enough to get the best seats then...We literally got the same seats for our party of 9.
Center and 2nd row....Thought it was great...

As long as we were in the center it was amazing. Rode it three times and all three times we were seated in the center, center

Edited because of all the "know it alls" on here :)
Love those ppl lol

Last edited:

As long as we were in the front it was amazing. Rode it three times and all three times we were seated in the front. Even on the far left in the front we liked it
All seats are "in front". You never have to watch over anyone's shoulder.
When you load, all rows are horizontal to the ground for easy loading.
When the ride lifts into position, the rows become vertically stacked (parallel to the screen).

Center, center is definitely optimal, but it's a great ride wherever you sit

Last edited:
All seats are "in front". You never have to watch over anyone's shoulder.
When you load, all rows are horizontal to the ground for easy loading.
When the ride lifts into position, the rows become vertically stacked (parallel to the screen).

Center, center is definitely optimal, but it's a great ride wherever you sit

Thanks for the correction, vet
I love being corrected :)

When we rode in September, we were seated in the first row, right in the center section and it was amazing! We went on again and we were seated in the third row and while it was still just as fun, it wasn't as great as the first row, middle and we were in the section on the left.

Its great to read everyone's opinion. So far it sounds like A and B are the preferred locations with C, the lowest section not being as good. It will be interesting to see if this changes as more people offer their opinions.

Its great to read everyone's opinion. So far it sounds like A and B are the preferred locations with C, the lowest section not being as good. It will be interesting to see if this changes as more people offer their opinions.
Be careful with the terminology here. (Had an extensive thread on this a few months back.) A/B/C mean left/center/right, with B always being in the center. (Depending on which concourse, A can be either left or right, though.) And 1/2/3 mean top/middle/bottom row.

I'm an exceptional case, as my preference is for A1 or C1, provided that I'm in the seat closest to the B section. That one takes a bit of work and explanation to CMs, because you have to know whether it means being the first one in the line or the last while waiting on the chevrons in the pre-show waiting area.

We rode this for the first time a couple of weeks ago on our first family trip... I just don't get the hype! We were top left, I found the curvature so distracting, and it's not just the Eiffel Tower Scene, it really annoyed me. I have no idea how they could prevent it from happening as I'm no ride designer, but I was surprised during testing they decided it was good enough. The Eiffel Tower scene is almost laughable when viewed from an angle. I'm not normally one to be super critical, I think I was just expecting more...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter