Soarin' after Food & Wine at DCA

southcarolinagirl

DIS Veteran
Will Soarin have to close to change over from "over California" to "over the world"? We were planning to go day 4/24 but will move the date if Soarin will be closed.

I am sorry, I meant at DCA not EPCOT
Oh sorry, I didn't see this was in the DL forum. My bad.

I don't think there's ever downtime when they switch from one to the other; I think it happens 'overnight.' I don't think the WDW was closed at all when they switched it last week.

Oh sorry, I didn't see this was in the DL forum. My bad.

I don't think there's ever downtime when they switch from one to the other; I think it happens 'overnight.' I don't think the WDW was closed at all when they switched it last week.

With digital projection, the changeover time is minimal. I think they just have to flip a switch and switch out the scent canisters.

With digital projection, the changeover time is minimal. I think they just have to flip a switch and switch out the scent canisters.
That's kind of what I thought but didn't know enough of the specifics to say for certain. Thanks!

(Also, "switch out the scent canisters" is a funny statement. I know exactly what you mean, but someone who's never been on Soarin' might "huh?" at that 🤣)

That's kind of what I thought but didn't know enough of the specifics to say for certain. Thanks!

(Also, "switch out the scent canisters" is a funny statement. I know exactly what you mean, but someone who's never been on Soarin' might "huh?" at that 🤣)

If you really want to get into it:

https://patents.google.com/patent/US4603030A/en

It looks like they use some kind of scented wafer placed into a compressor fan aparatus.

I totally misinterpreted your title, LOL! I thought you were asking about how wise it would be to ride Soarin' after eating at the Food & Wine Festival!!

Soarin' would be easy. I'd stay away from Mater's Junkyard Jamboree!

When I'm at Epcot after a big meal I always joke that I will go hit Mission: SPACE - that one will get ya for sure!

Soarin' would be easy. I'd stay away from Mater's Junkyard Jamboree!

When I'm at Epcot after a big meal I always joke that I will go hit Mission: SPACE - that one will get ya for sure!
I avoided Tower of Terror on two coasts for several years. I wanted to see the theming but was scared of the drops. Sure, I knew I could go through the queue and then take the chicken exit, but that seemed, well, cowardly. So one morning I arrived at Disneyland to meet up with some friends and said, "Let's go do Tower of Terror before I eat anything." :-) Probably a wise decision!

(Did the ride, got a pin, haven't set foot in that building again. 😁

I avoided Tower of Terror on two coasts for several years. I wanted to see the theming but was scared of the drops. Sure, I knew I could go through the queue and then take the chicken exit, but that seemed, well, cowardly. So one morning I arrived at Disneyland to meet up with some friends and said, "Let's go do Tower of Terror before I eat anything." :-) Probably a wise decision!

(Did the ride, got a pin, haven't set foot in that building again. 😁

It's the spinning stuff that would get me. I'm not that suceptible, but after a big meal....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter