Soarin’ Over California Returning to Epcot Until Feb 27, 2024!

Absolutely, and Soarin over California, there was a scene with three or four people riding horses through a canyon. I think it might’ve been Death Valley but I’m not sure of that. It was a great scene!

Am i the only one thinking they're just teasing the "temporarily" bit and are planning on bringing it back for good?

Am i the only one thinking they're just teasing the "temporarily" bit and are planning on bringing it back for good?

They haven't even brought it back permanently in California where it actually makes sense, so I seriously doubt they would in Florida. :)

Absolutely, and Soarin over California, there was a scene with three or four people riding horses through a canyon. I think it might’ve been Death Valley but I’m not sure of that. It was a great scene!
Im confused, are people saying they took out a scene in bringing back California?

I have not seen the most recent version playing at Epcot but the original version (which played at both Disneyland and Disney World as far as I know) did include a scene in which 3 people riding horses through a canyon can be viewed from above as you "soar" overhead. You can see it starting at 8:08 of the following clip. Look to the lower left of the picture. You also can hear the hoofs and yells.

I have not seen the most recent version playing at Epcot but the original version (which played at both Disneyland and Disney World as far as I know) did include a scene in which 3 people riding horses through a canyon can be viewed from above as you "soar" overhead. You can see it starting at 8:08 of the following clip. Look to the lower left of the picture. You also can hear the hoofs and yells.
Looking at some 2023 uploads, that scene's still there. Somebody can scrutinize it more carefully, but I don't see any differences between the old version and the current version. (I've seen it at Disneyland in recent years - the jerkiness of the L.A. scene still makes me queasy; they clearly hadn't stabilized the existing footage, which even your phone can do now quite cleanly.)

I mean, editing it would mean Disney actually spending money on this, lol.

I’ve only seen the Soarin’ around the World and love it!
I wish the California version was there some day when we were since so many think it’s so much better.

We were lucky enough to be at Disneyland back in March 2022 when they brought back the California version. I remember feeling super nostalgic. Have ridden over the world many times since and rode over California again tonight at Epcot…if the quality of the world footage was as good as the California footage there would be no competition …but California just seems so much better!

Does anyone have any insight into when disney plans to switch soarin back over to soarin over the world? I have a trip planned for early February and would love to be able to catch the old, superior version.

I think I read somewhere it would run until the end of December (or close to it). Can't remember now where that was, so take it with a grain of salt . . .

I'd love to see the California version again but I won't be back until next Sept at the earliest.

I remember when Soarin' World was in previews at Epcot. An imagineer was present and shaking hands at the loading bays. I asked him - since California was so popular - if there was a chance California and World might be shown at the same time given the number of theatres at the attraction. He looked disgusted and said never. California is dead and will not be saved. "We do not go backward." The irony. Of course, my bad timing and lack of social grace to ask an imagineer at a preview of his new attraction to bring back the old version he had just worked years to replace.

I agree with PPs the curviture in World is terrible. They must have known about it but could find no economical way to fix it and bulled forward with the project.

Does anyone have any insight into when disney plans to switch soarin back over to soarin over the world? I have a trip planned for early February and would love to be able to catch the old, superior version.
A closing date has not officially been announced so we don't know for sure when it will take place.

It was SO fun, so nostalgic to see Soarin over California. Did it 3 times on our last trip, and was great fun! Soarin was my favorite ride at Epcot (until GotG,) but I actually also love Soarin around the World. I know I'm in the minority with that one, but it's such fun too. Would very, very much love to see both as options, like one line for California, one for the World, although I know most would choose California.

I'm hoping they are updating World to fly over a current day EPCOT with all the walls down and the new dreamer's point statue. That would be a nice tribute to Walt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter