So who got sick when they got home?

miss missy

Is this the Dis Board Desperate Housewives?!
Poor Sean has a nasty cold, started the 1st morning home :( It is usually DD that gets sick after vacations. Anyone else get anything?

I was sick, mostly tired with lost voice, for most of my two week vacation. Still not top notch.

Yep, I came down with a head cold Sunday. Glad it stayed away while I was on the cruise, but I have a job interview Thursday. Guess I'll have to dazzle them with my 'i have a cold' voice. :confused3

I've had a sore throat since I came home, and today an upset stomach....ugg

Both Phillip and I came home with sinus infections. Several of my friends who were on the cruise have it too. We've been calling it the "cruise crud."

Mine started with a TEENSY sore throat on the boat, then almost a laryngitis type thing the past few days, now im coughing and my mucous is yucky colors and my nose is a lil stuff. ewwww.

DS7 came home with a cough and sore throat. I think it was a combination of lack of sleep and all the screaming & yelling they did in the Oceaneer Lab.

I never got sick, and I'm not sure what it was, but I had a horrible dry cough. It was for the entire trip and hasn't been an issue since I got home. Not sure what the deal was with that.

I've been sick since sea day, although I blame that on my night at Nassau :rotfl::rotfl:

I got a lot of rest last night and I'm doing better today. It's a combination of allergies and cold I guess.

Yup. Cold, congested and a scratchy throat. I've already called the Dr for a script for an antibiotic since my ears are hurting. I don't want to go into Christmas weekend with an ear infection.

And here I thought I drank enough vitamin C on the ride to the ship.

Yup. Cold, congested and a scratchy throat. I've already called the Dr for a script for an antibiotic since my ears are hurting. I don't want to go into Christmas weekend with an ear infection.

And here I thought I drank enough vitamin C on the ride to the ship.

Maybe it was because you left the OJ out of the last mimosa you had.

Mine started with a TEENSY sore throat on the boat, then almost a laryngitis type thing the past few days, now im coughing and my mucous is yucky colors and my nose is a lil stuff. ewwww.

That's how mine started, too. Tuesday night I felt something & thought, 'hmmm,' and lost my voice Wed & Thu. By Friday it had turned into a full-blown cold with the yucky colors & stuff. Spent the day in bed on Sat & Sun. I still have it, and can't quit coughing, but voice is back, and I don't feel any pain.

btw, Kim - I saw you all over the ship. You guys are such great sports, it was fun seeing you. :)

That's how mine started, too. Tuesday night I felt something & thought, 'hmmm,' and lost my voice Wed & Thu. By Friday it had turned into a full-blown cold with the yucky colors & stuff. Spent the day in bed on Sat & Sun. I still have it, and can't quit coughing, but voice is back, and I don't feel any pain.

btw, Kim - I saw you all over the ship. You guys are such great sports, it was fun seeing you. :)

Hey Mary Jo! Fun seeing you too! Maybe my chances of having a cold would be decreased if Ian didn't have his habit! heheheh!

I think we can blame Becx ;) She was sick, we weren't, now we are. And she's still on vacation!!!!! Gotta love those European vacations!! Love ya Becx, love ya Gav - hope you're having fun and wish we were there.:goodvibes

Cruise Crud x 2 here. :sick:
Coughing, sinusy head stuff, drippy noses.
But we're ignoring it and making believe we are fine. Maybe it will go away if we don't pay any attention.:upsidedow

Went to WDW October 10-17, 2009. Boys were really tired on the plane ride back. October 18, 103 degree fevers. Turned out that 3 of the kids got swine flu at WDW. Oh well, we had a great vacation!!! :) :)

I think I didn't get sick because I was sick a couple of weeks before the cruise.

Kim

I had a sore throat the night we left port and lost my voice by Tuesday. I was feeling bad because most of the people I was hanging with got sick after that. But I am not taking responsibility for the entire ship!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter