So what is the break even point for TIW now?

Jennygt

DIS Veteran
Can someone help me with this math? We would have the fla resident card $175, what is the break even point? How do you calculate it? Thanks!

20% of $875 is $175.

If your getting no discount now, this is accurate. If your already getting 10% from another discount method, it's $1750 before you will get your $175 back. If your getting 15% another way, then your looking at $3500 before you recoup the cost.

However, it's not that simple as the different discount options are available at different eating establishments so depending on where you dine, it might be lower or higher before you break even.

Well that was simple, I have no idea why I could not figure that out , lol long day yesterday. Thanks!

Can someone help me with this math? We would have the fla resident card $175, what is the break even point? How do you calculate it? Thanks!
The calculation is simply price divided by discount %. So, $175/.20 = $875. For those that qualify for the $150 rate its $150/.20 = $750.

Aren't there other perks too? Besides the discount?

Free valet parking at the resorts is big for us.
But, you do have to dine at one of the restaurants there and show them the receipt when you pick up your car.

And they sometimes have special events (for a cost).

Another thing to keep in mind is that TIW is available only to those who are FLA residents and those "percived" to more frequent visitors to WDW. I live in NJ and have a minimum of 16 days scheduled at WDW, I'm pretty comfortable saying TIW will pay for itself for me..........given the quantity of trips and will include friends and family (6 on one trip and 4 on another)..............but thats us.

The math is the math (which is what this post was about :D).......but visit frequency and travel companions do play a roll as to whether you can meet that mathematical equation.

I'd be curious to know how many FLA residents visit at a frequency enough to meet the math?

Doug :goofy:

I'd be curious to know how many FLA residents visit at a frequency enough to meet the math?

Interesting question. I'd assume that the majority of FL residents that do buy the TiW card have done the math and it works for them. We eat at Signature level WDW restaurants at least 20 times a year. Probably more. And we get wine with our meals. It adds up quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter