So....??? What happened to the UK Boards????

mike230652

This'll do 'til I think of something witty to say.
What exactly happened then? I noticed the UK boards were down for a couple of days , then luckily I got an e-mail from chipnco((Big Thank you..........) Did the UK boards crash.........or were they pulled??

Appreciate it if somebody could fill me in...............

mike:confused:

:confused:

Looks like the old NT UK DIS server finnaly went to meet its maker.
Unfortunatly looks like all the data was lost, no backups ! ( I hope I,m wrong and a tape even from a few weeks back is available).
I guess we're here pretty much permanently now.
I hope the webmasters can redirect the UK dis web address to here pretty quickly as theres a lot of folks still to make the move over.

Problem is even if there were a backup, merging the database back onto the US boards would be a major task if possible at all, bearing mind all the duplication of nick names between here and the old UK boards.
DAve

....... glad you made it over Mike. Alex's post below explains what happened - we're all shell-shocked at the moment but at least these boards were rapidly set up overnight so that we can re-assemble and do our planning.
Mike, do you have your trip reports saved? I hope so - please would you post them on the Trip Report board?
The main page ( www.wdwinfo.co.uk ) has a redirect and we have been trying for one for www.wdwinfo.co.uk/boards - I don't know if it is possible but Alex is looking into it. It is a major concern that not everyone will find us - I do so hope they do, but if everybody at least mails everyone they were in touch with, that would be a great start.

I've e-mailed about a dozen or so people and most have made it over here.

I'm just pulling together an Excel Spreadsheet with all of the members that I can remember to see who has or hasn't made it.

Hi Everybody,

I have been having major withdrawal symptoms me last two nights at work and I had no idea what was happening. Thanks Bovril for the letter.

I am here but not for much longer. Florida, here we come!!!!!! Look forward to telling you all about it when we get back.

If you all are still here when we get back :rolleyes:

Love to you all and a hearty have a nice day now!!!

Pete and Tracy

could the message on http://www.wdwinfo.co.uk/ be improved so that it explains that the UK Dis has been moved?? - at the moment it's just the same message as always, and while it does have a link to the Dis HomePage, there's no link to these boards, and nothing to indicate that the old boards are gone - in fact there is still a link to the broken UK boards.

Bev

I must say that I have only found my way here by trial and error and I did send an e mail to see what was happening. A little bit more information would have been helpful.

Anyway enough of the moaning, we are British you know, the Dunkirk spirit and all that, lets have a good sing song and make the most of what we have got.

Reg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter