SO really how bad is Hollywood and Vine?

Jennygt

DIS Veteran
I have and ADR now for lunch, pretty much just so we can meet Sophia and Doc. I know that this place has the reputation of having awful food, we did go but it was 5 years ago and I don't remember much. Whats it like these days?

I did a review on them for my Jedi mickeys diner ...horrible food actually servicable food.

They don't theme it all out like they should for these character events in terms of atmosphere and the deserts were pretty good.

The characters are the attraction and the food just background I wouldn't waste my money again

It's a fairly typical character buffet. You'll be hard-pressed to find a character meal people list as some of the best food in WDW. Even a few of the character meals people like have a wide range of opinion. (I think the closest I've seen to skewing to the higher side is Ohana breakfast, but there are still some people who would give it negative stars if able.)

The good thing about H&V is their character meals really have no overlap. There is no other Disney Junior meal. While you can see Minnie elsewhere, the Minnie dinner is a fairly unique offering.

We've eaten at H&V and I don't remember it being horrible as so many people here say. We're not extremely picky eaters and we certainly don't expect 5-star quality going into a buffet either. I think if you go in with an open mind and focus more on the Disney Junior Characters, you'll be golden. :)

We went last April for lunch so that my kids could meet the Disney Junior characters. We were pleasantly surprised with the quality of the food. There was good variety and it was pretty good! It is a buffet and a little chaotic but the food was plentiful and tasty. I also thought that the character interaction was good but H&V would not be first on my list for restaurants if it was not a character meal.

That's kinda how I remembered it, we would not go back, except for the characters. Will keep ADR for now. If I can make a plan and meet DOC and Sophia in the park then we will scrap it. Thanks all!!!

The foods not that great and its REALLY over priced for the quality. I would skip it and visit them in Animation Courtyard before or after the Disney Jr. Live on stage show if you're going to be seeing it.

The foods not that great and its REALLY over priced for the quality. I would skip it and visit them in Animation Courtyard before or after the Disney Jr. Live on stage show if you're going to be seeing it.
This. And I'm one who doesn't typically balk at Disney meal prices. I think they are actually pretty reasonable, all things considered.
But now that they have brought Doc and Sophia out to the Courtyard, and they typically have quite short lines, I would skip this meal and meet them there. You get more interaction and, at least for Doc, a very cute set for the photos. Meal photos are always eh with the plates and people around. I only use them for characters you can't otherwise meet

I thought the food was good. We did breakfast and there were options such as chocolate and strawberries to put on your waffles and pancakes that I had not seen at other buffets. My son loved the character interaction and has a lot of fun. We will be going again this year.

I hope it isn't too bad....we're doing the Dine with Minnie in Jan.
One of the few places I have not tried after all the years we have been going......basically because of the bad reviews. But can't resist Minnie

Our Ratings of Hollywood and Vine Buffet: (*rev 9/08/2015*)
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: C
. . . food quantity per serving: A
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: C
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: D
. . . staff attentiveness: D
. . . character interaction: B
Our Recomendations:
. . . appys:... Peel-and-Eat-Shrimp
. . . entree:.. Carved Turkey Breast
. . . dessert:. Hot Cobbler
NOTE: H&V had previously been an eatery-of-choice for Studio guests. But, *possibly*
due to DDP and reduction in tips, the food selection/quality suffered significantly. We
found it badly kept, and with less than hospitable CM's. The character interaction for
the kiddies is pretty good.

Never had problems with servers, ours have been very good, but if you arrive late in a setting (breakfast, lunch, dinner) there are often dirty dishes sitting on many tables. That definitely detracts from the restaurant. Food is school cafeteria quality.

Tried dinner here last year for the 1st time and we liked it. Over priced? sure but aren't all Disney restaurants? Bad service? No. ours was good.
I can tell you I liked the food here better than 1900 Park Fare for dinner which normally rates pretty high on here for a buffett. I've heard the Disney Jr. interaction is really good.
I think if anything the buffet line isn't orginized as well as some others and it takes a while to move through the line. I didn't experience that in other Disney buffets so much.

We've eaten there a few times and thought it was a fine and fun dining option for HS. I personally think the food is on par Chef Mickey and 1900 Park Fare, not that I'm a fan of those either, there's enough decent food to fill up on and the character interaction is fun for the kids.

We had lunch there last week and the food was awful. I'd gone in hoping the reviews were exagerating and it really was that bad. Except the deserts. The deserts were fantastic, possibly the best deserts of our trip, but the main course was gross. Even the salad was gross. The chracter interaction really great and my kids had a lot of fun. I'm glad we went, but I'm also glad we had the DDP because if I'd had to pay $130 for that meal I might have cried.

Went a couple months ago. It was what I would expect for a breakfast buffet. I'm not picky and it's hard to screw up eggs,bacon and Mickey waffles. Pricey, yes, but you are paying for the characters, and we got good interactions with Jake and Sofia.

We've gone every year. We like all meals there. We are going twice, once for breakfast and doing the Minnie's dinner this month. It's not the best food on property, but not the worst. akershus and Biergarten get my vote for worst- and those are some peoples favorites, so you can't really go by others opinions. Just go and make up your own mind. You will get plenty of people say yes and no to every place at Disney.

We've only gone once for breakfast on our last trip back in March of this year and it was hands down the worst meal of our trip. We had a 9am reservation and by that time, it looked like the place had just been destroyed- the floor was dirty, the buffet was messy, it looked like they were having a hard time keeping up with demand... maybe it was just an off day? We're not usually picky and I really wasn't expecting much from buffet food but it just wasn't a good experience. The character interaction was ok but a little rushed, my kids did enjoy dancing with the characters a couple times. I told DH we wouldn't go back BUT of course I had to book the Minnie dinner for our next trip- I couldn't resist. I'm hoping dinner is a better experience than breakfast.

Still trying to decide on keeping our reservations for our trip coming up next week. We have liked Chef Mickey's and Akershus dinner. 1900 PF was okay for food, but great character interaction. Minnie's Holiday Party sounds like fun though so I am still now sure. Maybe reviews will come out in the next day or two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter