So much new availability

Leigh123

DIS Veteran
For months I have checked our reservation to see if what we are paying at Beach Club next month has gone down (spoiler alert it has not LOL). But in the last two weeks more and more resorts have been showing availability. When I say more, all these months I’ve been checking there were probably only three resorts available (We booked right after the 25% offer came out)). Now there are probably 10 resorts available All this time I’ve been checking there’s only been three. Do you all think it’s people canceling or rescheduling, or do you think Disney has opened more rooms to increase capacity while things aren’t so great down there?

I definitely think it is due to cancellations. My guess is if the cancellations are numerous enough they will offer a new room discount. That’s just my guess, or maybe my hope. I want to see 40% off pass holder rate for GF is September. A girl can dream.

Think it has more to do with all the rest of Disney hotels opening up this month or in the fall. Thousands of rooms are available now.
I would have thought that but those hotels were opened for booking over a month ago. I think it’s Covid- a combo of people concerned about catching it or annoyed at the indoor mask requirement or worried about states reintroducing quarantines because FL’s case rate. I’ve seen people mentioning cancelling trips for any of those reasons and they all link back to Covid.

What happens later this year will be most telling. Will Disney have to run a Fall special? I haven’t been watching room availability for Oct/Nov so Idk if there is enough openings to necessitate that despite the 50th excitement?

I definitely think it is due to cancellations. My guess is if the cancellations are numerous enough they will offer a new room discount. That’s just my guess, or maybe my hope. I want to see 40% off pass holder rate for GF is September. A girl can dream.
Why dream so small? I’m dreaming 45% off, free party tickets and a $50 gift card per person!

I think resorts like GF or Polynesian could shut down buildings and leave them vacant instead of getting less money for renting the rooms in the building. They don't have to worry about their limited staffing either in that case. Or convert entire buildings to DVC villas like Big Pine Key at GF.

This was noticed literally overnight last week on the DVC boards. Many there think it's a glitch and those of us who changed our reservations will be disappointed. I sure am hoping not! And my sudden availability is for later February.

I think cancellations are a big part of it. Like you, we watch availability (DVC) closely and there was a big change a week or two back. It went from close to nothing available to coveted rooms / resorts being available.

I just checked, hoping to change my kids from AS Music to Pop and this is the only availability..

Attachments

• 6524BF42-5FFF-42D4-A0E7-D219AA16C277.png
    6524BF42-5FFF-42D4-A0E7-D219AA16C277.png
    117.7 KB · Views: 130
I’ve been crazy busy with work and are now able to get time off and would like to bring the wife and kids to Disney in early November. Do I have a shot at getting a Disney resort specifically deluxe. Should I check everyday or is it a pipe dream?

I’ve been crazy busy with work and are now able to get time off and would like to bring the wife and kids to Disney in early November. Do I have a shot at getting a Disney resort specifically deluxe. Should I check everyday or is it a pipe dream?
Check every day. People cancel all the time. You won’t know unless you try. You can also check DVC rental sites for confirmed reservations that match your dates.

We just planned an unexpected trip in November. I was able to find a standard room for 4 + infant but kept checking (like every 2-3 hours) for a family suite. Sure enough, was able to reserve it. Check incessantly. Someone is canceling their reservation and your refresh might get it

We canceled our November DVC because we had to bank our points. We rebooked a cash reservation for a split stay and even that is up in the air. I have been checking Thanksgiving weekend and there is definitely more availability then 2 weeks ago.

Agree with other poster - check every day. I’ve noticed Monday afternoons in particular seem to be productive. I’ve managed to grab the two res I wanted for Nov in the last 2 weeks.

That Is interesting.
I have watched availability dry up for my dates in November (8-19).
I do have a reservation at BWI, but like to see what other options there are. We are dvc members too, and there is nothing ( which I had expected when I initially booked).
It has become a game to check frequently to see what shows as available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter