• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So, I guess December will be hardest to book next year!

I have Dec UY, so no walking possible. I am never able to snag a first day to book a week. I usually am able to pick up a few days after walkers leave behind, but it is a frustrating and very time-consuming process, have to be at it constantly throughout the day, day after day for a couple weeks. I don't know if it will be worth it next Dec, but I will try again.

I have Dec UY, so no walking possible. I am never able to snag a first day to book a week. I usually am able to pick up a few days after walkers leave behind, but it is a frustrating and very time-consuming process, have to be at it constantly throughout the day, day after day for a couple weeks. I don't know if it will be worth it next Dec, but I will try again.
pixiedust: I hope you get what you want!

Hoping for it, but also already have the idea to do few park days and take advantage of the resorts and fun little things you can do around the Springs or just walking around using transportation. One of my favorites!

Wouldn't go near a park on Christmas Day anyway. Not my style - maybe some day for the heck of it, but not right now with little-ish kids.

my dilema is that my daughter's bday is in early December and we also go for New Year's, as tradition, every year so I'm going to have a super-stressed December-booking year :/ - and the fact that now where i used to have enough points to book at the Boardwalk (the reason why i bought that contract in the first place) for New Year's for a whole weekend, I barely have it to book 2 nites... value is diminishing with each passing year... :/

my dilema is that my daughter's bday is in early December and we also go for New Year's, as tradition, every year so I'm going to have a super-stressed December-booking year :/ - and the fact that now where i used to have enough points to book at the Boardwalk (the reason why i bought that contract in the first place) for New Year's for a whole weekend, I barely have it to book 2 nites... value is diminishing with each passing year... :/
We too like early December and then a NYE stay. We will not have park passes, so really want BLT end year. Today I was able to free up some BLT points from a 4th of July stay so I do have enough BLT points, IF I can get the reservation. So, I will be awaiting the end of January to be booking that. Just like you, but different resort, so, not competing with you! :goodvibes

I know people are walking the standard view and Boardwalk view studios for early December, but the 1 bedroom standards have not been an issue. Haven't checked BLT or AKV.

I have been keeping an eye on the VGF studios (just for fun) and am very surprised that the standard studios there are open. If people are walking those, it's less people than the number of available villas. Hope that trend continues as it bodes well for the new resort studios. :)

I know people are walking the standard view and Boardwalk view studios for early December, but the 1 bedroom standards have not been an issue. Haven't checked BLT or AKV.

I have been keeping an eye on the VGF studios (just for fun) and am very surprised that the standard studios there are open. If people are walking those, it's less people than the number of available villas. Hope that trend continues as it bodes well for the new resort studios. :)
For AKV, Value and Club Studios are being walked as well as 1 BR Value and Club.

My friend went the first week of December this year and also said it was super packed. (We usually travel with her in September) We were supposed to take the extended family this year and decided to wait till next year. Here's hoping it all works out! If they only did festival of the holidays earlier I would go earlier in November. Fingers crossed.

We're planning on 2 weeks from just after thanksgiving, have the 1st week booked at CCV, waiting for my 11 months window to open to book the 2nd at BCV

Yup. Already booked our park reservations as I imagine some will book up fast (eg. Christmas day at MK).

Since points will be higher In 2023. We’re hoping for a two bedroom at VWL for a few days, and I just realized we’ll be on our cruise for the booking date. I fully intend to pay for Internet so we’ll be booking 11 months out.

Who else is planning for December 2022 and booking 11 months out, not waiting.
We tried to book a 2 bedroom last year at Boulder Ridge at exactly 11 months and they were all booked up for early December.

Well I just started our next year’s booking this morning, we’re going a week earlier than usual because I had some banked points that I had to use before 12/1 & had to call because I crossed use year (1 1/2 hr. wait on the phone) & I’ll add nights in a couple days to get our 10-11 nights booked, but we’re set :) I just hope that either Disney improves this new Genie nonsense or we get better at using the system because this last trip was a steep learning curve for us.

I noticed this as well as I was wanted to book a 2BR lockoff with a boardwalk view for the week after Thanksgiving. I noticed a week before that one day would always be unavailable but the next day I checked that day was open and the next day unavailable. Thankfully I was able to get it right as the booking window opened. I would have been fine with the pool/garden view, but the walking was kind of annoying. I have never walked before but contemplated it. I have usually gone in 1BR which are much easier to get put this trip will be my family and my parents so the 2BR is a better way to go.

Actually my friends have backed out for next December, so I’ll be looking at a one bedroom at VWL. From what I see today, it’s not being walked.

Actually my friends have backed out for next December, so I’ll be looking at a one bedroom at VWL. From what I see today, it’s not being walked.
Ya from my experience for the last 10-15 years, 1BR are significantly easier to get than a studio or a 2BR lockoff. Studios are very popular so that also hinders 2BR lockoff as well.
I feel safe making a 1BR knowing I can get any view I want at 11 months since most try to get studios.

Booking my home resort - AKL - for early December 2022. Hoping to switch to GFV at 7 months but not holding my breath. I'll just be happy to be there!

I somehow was able to book our entire stay at BRV with a 2 bedroom lock off. Talk about a miracle. It took a lot of work but, we got it! We fly in Thanksgiving and leave Dec. 4.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter