So excited I can't sleep!!!

DisneyRegulars

DIS Veteran
Anyone else ever get so excited they can't sleep?

Next week my husband and I leave for three days at BWV in a studio. We'll be leaving our toddler behind. I'm soooooo excited about :cool1: this I haven't been able to sleep for a week. I feel just like I did when I was a kid waiting for Christmas. Without our DVC this trip would have never been possible, and I'm so grateful to be able to feel this excited about something.

Just wanted to share my excitement with other DVC'ers. The reaction I get from all my friends is "Why would you want to go to Disney without your kid", kind of implying there is nothing for adults to do and that I'm being mean to my son for not bringing him. Only 3 more work days to get through....

I have 187 til I leave the kiddos behind for a 1 night dvc stay at Animal Kingdom and a 3 day cruise on the disney dream. I know exactly how you feel.

Sounds great!! We are leaving the kids behind for a 3 day F & W adult only weekend at the end of October. Soo excited for that - 4 couples in total going.

We are staying for 7 days at BLT in early October with the kids so I don't feel guilty at all about adult only weekend!

I think it's good for the parents to get away for some quality time. Just like you need "me" time "us" time and family time.

I have 106 days for our family cruise and two months til my Disneyland/ half marathon trip alone with friends and I'm going crazy!

Have a blast and enjoy every well deserved second!

I'm jealous...... I don't have anyone willing to take my 3 kids for a few days for a Mom & Dad vacation.....

I gotta get my twins potty trained & then they can go to the kids clubs with their big brother. :cool1:

Have a great trip. We will be at OKW next week without our kids. However now that they are older we look forward to having them join us. But I do remember the few trips to WDW my wife and I made without them. Good Times!:):):)

As others have said...it's good to reconnect as a couple and no place is better than WDW! Enjoy! I have to wait til September !!!!!

Personally, I've had more fun at WDW without kids than I've had with them!

Have the time of your life! pixiedust:

We feel like you everytime we go to WDW! We go about 3-4 times a year. Sometime with the kids and sometimes without. And yes, I hate to say it but we enjoy our time there without the kids more than we do with them.

And we will be back down for a one night stay on the BW in August after visiting friends who live south of WDW for a few days.

Enjoy yourself, those who question you have no idea what they are missing! :goodvibes

Thanks for the good vibes everyone. I haven't figured out how to quote people using the DIS ap yet, but it's fun to hear about everyone else.

@DannysMom We are looking forward to potty training for the same reason, that way every trip we'll be ale to have some adult time!

Alright, I'm off to get some last minute trip essentials from Walmart. Soooooo excited to just be able to take a backpack on this trip instead of what feels like the whole house.

Anyone else ever get so excited they can't sleep?

Next week my husband and I leave for three days at BWV in a studio. We'll be leaving our toddler behind. I'm soooooo excited about :cool1: this I haven't been able to sleep for a week. I feel just like I did when I was a kid waiting for Christmas. Without our DVC this trip would have never been possible, and I'm so grateful to be able to feel this excited about something.

Just wanted to share my excitement with other DVC'ers. The reaction I get from all my friends is "Why would you want to go to Disney without your kid", kind of implying there is nothing for adults to do and that I'm being mean to my son for not bringing him. Only 3 more work days to get through....

Have fun!!!! We don't even have kids and we own DVC, so we get plenty of those "Why do you go to Disney" questions. Have a wonderful and relaxing trip!

I sure do remember when every day spent at WDW was like Christmas. I couldn't sleep the days leading up to a vacation I just felt so good.

Whether it's old-age, multiple trips or whatever, I don't get *that* psyched any more. However, I do still look forward to our WDW trips. The upside to this is that I get to enjoy the experience a bit more rested and have fewer hallucinatory experiences from lack of sleep. ;)

My husband and I took a 3 night trip to BCV in February without our 3 kids and loved it! (the kids were actually ok with it, too!). We had never been to Disney until we had kids, so we had never done the thrill rides. We had a fabulous time, and will definitely be doing a trip alone once a year from now on!

Yup! We are right there along with you!

We don't leave until the 21st and I have been having trouble sleeping a week out!

That's why i am cruising the DIS boards at all hours of the night! LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter