So about this Hurricane - 10/7 Dream cancelled, 10/7 Magic Canadian, 10/8 now 10/9 Fantasy 6-night

We were on the Wonder during Hurricane Odile and it was fun. We wen out to sea and stayed out of the path of the storm. I would tell you enjoy your trip and Disney will keep you and the crew safe.

We were on the Wonder during Hurricane Odile and it was fun. We wen out to sea and stayed out of the path of the storm. I would tell you enjoy your trip and Disney will keep you and the crew safe.

I'm trying to be positive, but I am worried about the seas? Since, it's only a 4 day, we can't travel too far since we have to be back in port by Friday. It's going to be interesting.

I'm trying to be positive, but I am worried about the seas? Since, it's only a 4 day, we can't travel too far since we have to be back in port by Friday. It's going to be interesting.
You can get pretty far out in 2 days.

So, we are supposed to leave on Monday, the 4 day Dream. Any ideas on what Disney may do? Doesn't look like there are many choices to go and wait out the storm on a 4 day. Should be interesting.
I am going on the same cruise : ( I called disney today and they said that they would possible reroute? They really did not give much info

Does anyone know when Matthew is suppose to reach the bahmas? I am a first time crusier with two little people under the age of five

100% agree. We were on the cruise in 2004 on the Magic that went from a 7-day to a 10-day because of Hurricane Frances. I can't express enough how well Disney took care of us and kept us informed and kept us out of harm's way! We were never worried.

We leave this Sunday on NCL -- NYC to Bermuda. I am concerned about the path if it comes up the coast and sailing through it! I wouldn't be worried if we were sailing on DCL though.

I'm on the Monday 4-day Dream cruise as well and have been watching Matthew pretty closely since it left Africa. I really appreciate all the people giving their past experiences as it gives me a little more hope that this cruise won't be miserable. :)

we were on the hurricane sandy sailing aboard the fantasy. it was miserable for one night but we survived :)

100% agree. We were on the cruise in 2004 on the Magic that went from a 7-day to a 10-day because of Hurricane Frances. I can't express enough how well Disney took care of us and kept us informed and kept us out of harm's way! We were never worried.

We leave this Sunday on NCL -- NYC to Bermuda. I am concerned about the path if it comes up the coast and sailing through it! I wouldn't be worried if we were sailing on DCL though.
I wouldn't worry. I'm sure NCL is more experienced than DCL at this kind of stuff. They have been doing it longer and have more ships. Every cruise lines goal is the safety of the ship and passengers. I don't think DCL has a patent on that. It might not be a pleasant ride though.

Normally the north and East sides of the storm will be the worst for wind and rain, so the best case scenario for CC is the storm passes to the East of it. Will result in less wind damage and flooding

I'm on the Monday 4-day Dream cruise as well and have been watching Matthew pretty closely since it left Africa. I really appreciate all the people giving their past experiences as it gives me a little more hope that this cruise won't be miserable. :)

As others have said, they will do their best to steer clear of it. There may well be rough seas though.

It's a trade-off for cruising at a cheaper time of year. Yes the rates are lower, but it's in hurricane season and lately things do tend to pick up in the latter part of the season, so it's always going to be a risk.

I will also be on Monday's cruise. I have a feeling it will be a "cruise to nowhere" as I can't imagine with the size of this hurricane we could dock anywhere in the Bahamas Tuesday-Thursday. I also can't imagine what ports within distance of a four day the Dream could dock at.

We will be very sad about CC (not planning to get off in Nassau as it was) but I am hoping that a miss will convince my hubby to let me book another one while onboard :-)!!!!

Well, if the cruise is not as perfect, I am sure Disney will refund your fare. /s

However, has Disney ever been known to give future cruise discounts if the itinerary is significantly changed or affected by weather or other issues. Just wondering.

They're not going to be able to tell you anything now about a cruise on Monday...I've been on a cruise rerouted due to a hurricane, and the Captain makes the decision with the info they can gather at the time. Person on the phone won't know what they are planning. You may not hear anything until you get to the ship or even after it sets sail. If the cruise is cancelled entirely prior to boarding, it will probably be refunded, but not if it is just rerouted...sometimes they offer a discount on a future cruise.

I will also be on Monday's cruise. I have a feeling it will be a "cruise to nowhere" as I can't imagine with the size of this hurricane we could dock anywhere in the Bahamas Tuesday-Thursday. I also can't imagine what ports within distance of a four day the Dream could dock at.

We will be very sad about CC (not planning to get off in Nassau as it was) but I am hoping that a miss will convince my hubby to let me book another one while onboard :-)!!!!

I tend to agree with you. I think it will be a cruise to nowhere :( I would say still better than being at home, but not if the seas are terrible.

we were on the hurricane sandy sailing aboard the fantasy. it was miserable for one night but we survived :)
I hear that was rough coming back to PC. However, I'm sure as bad as it was on the ship, you were probably never in any real danger.

MUN

I am going on the same cruise : ( I called disney today and they said that they would possible reroute? They really did not give much info

In the situations I have been in, the decision was made by the Captain at the last minute. It was announced at the sail away party that we would go to San Juan instead of St Maarten (it was our first stop) and the time we swapped our sea day/CC day we didn't know if we would even make it there until the night before.

Well, if the cruise is not as perfect, I am sure Disney will refund your fare. /s

However, has Disney ever been known to give future cruise discounts if the itinerary is significantly changed or affected by weather or other issues. Just wondering.

We have had the 2 instances above, and also had a sea day/CC day swapped another time, and once went to Nassau instead of CC. There has been no compensation. I would not expect anything in a situation like that as Disney cannot control the weather.

I will also be on the Dream on Monday. I am still hoping for my Bahamian Food tour of Nassau on Tuesday. With maybe a swap of CC & sea day. At this point it's pretty much up in the air. Got my Dramamine packed and ready to go. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter