• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Snake Thread Followup Poll

Snake sightings

• I have seen a snake at a Disney park.

• I have NOT seen a snake at a Disney park.

• I have seen a snake at a Disney resort.

• I have NOT seen a snake at a Disney resort.

• I have had a snake in my room.

• I have NOT had a snake in my room.

• Of the snakes I've seen, I have seen a venomous snake.

Results are only viewable after voting.
the "snake guy" was going crazy last May at Asmo. When I was out walking around at night there was a black racer right around the corner in the walkway. He was enjoying a puddle. :goodvibes I actually don't think of booking any of the "lusher" resorts because of venomous snakes along the pathways in the dense foliage. While we visited Asmu, the staff was getting a gator out of the bushes that was right near the walkway!

Last trip to the GF, DW and I got quite a few pictures of an aligator n the water just outside of our "outer building" room overlooking the water.

We halso had a picture of what "I believe" was a water moccasin imming along the rocks at the shoreline.I will see if I can find the pictures.

It's Florida....So expect this every trip.

I have never seen a snake, but I also have seen an Alligator! It was at Fort Wilderness in a lake by the campfire sing-a-long.

Our daughter saw a small black snake slither into the foliage in the courtyard at the CBR. We also saw a large snake in MouseGears at Epcot. I have pictures somewhere. Let me see if I can find them and I'll post them.

We saw one last April at Blizzard Beach on the cement pathway near the kiddie section. It wasn't very big and it was black.

I found this thread and thought I would share. On our last trip in September, we were going to lunch at the WCC, Wilderness Lodge, and while strolling up from the bus stop to the doors to enter the resort, an employee stopped us and warned us that a baby snake was crawling across the cement just ahead. Sure enough, as we walked a little further, there it was making it's way to the other side where the grassy area was. It didn't bother us, and we surely didn't bother it. However, I thought that it was crazy because prior to the trip I had read some snake sighting reports.

Yikesey yikes, yikes, yikes! :scared: Can't believe we've been to WDW twice in recent years and none of this ever even occurred to me. I have to say that this trip will likely be a little less enjoyable as I'll no doubt be paranoid about snakes! :(

These were taken when we were in Disney in May. Sorry for the quality of the pictures. To say that we were shocked to see a snake in Mouse Gears with hundreds of guests is an understatement:

DSCF3956.jpg

DSCF3958.jpg

DSCF3959.jpg

DSCF3960.jpg

DSCF3961.jpg

DSCF3962.jpg

DSCF3963.jpg

Animal Control came in after about 10 minutes or so:

DSCF3964.jpg

DSCF3965.jpg

DSCF3966.jpg

DSCF3967.jpg

DSCF3968.jpg

I asked what kind of snake it was and the castmember told me it was a corn snake and would not have harmed anyone. It certainly scared the heck out of a lot of guests including me!

I'm not afraid of snakes, but I wouldn't want to find one in my room, lol. :)

I saw two on our first trip to POFQ back in 2006. One was near the laundry room, he wasn't very big. The second was in the river when we were on our way DTD, and he was huge!

Oh... Me no like snakes. I know they're there, I just don't want to see them. I am going to be peeling the cover back on the beds now checking for snakes... **shudder**

In over 10 visits at various resorts including WL, Pop, POFQ, ASMU, ASMO, ASSP, and BC, I've never seen a snake or a gator anywhere on Disney property and I've been at different tomes of the year too. I'm hoping I never do! I used to ask for a ground floor room but no more! I would have a heart attack if I found a snake in our room!

We've seen a gator at POR in the river by the bridge between the main building and Mangolia(I think or maybe Terrace can't remember the name of the building) and we've seen a few little snakes in the Aligator Bayou.

Just returned and VERY pleased to report we only saw one baby garden snake by a curb and that was at SeaWorld. Whew!!! :)

I have seen a snake at our resort ..in the pool...and then a legless lizard ( it was long and looked like a snake)..at Epcot...so I did say our resort but I would of liked to had said...both..

Alligator once going out the exit road from Port Orleans Riverside...it wasnt very big but they let it stay until it got bigger they said..

Our experience has been:

We have seen snakes at parks and resorts and at water parks.

We have seen both venomous and non

We have never seen one in a room

We have seen them near the doors to the buildings

This sounds like Dr. Seuss! :rotfl2: ;)

Seen many snakes here in VA but none down in WDW. I am also among the people who would have a heart attack if I found one in my room!

Seen many snakes here in VA but none down in WDW. I am also among the people who would have a heart attack if I found one in my room!

I live in Prince William County, VA and we have been having a snake problem at my house for the last three years. We have caught seven snakes in our basement now I think. I am beginning to lose count!! Two were babies but one of the ones we caught last summer was at least 5 feet long!!! Our next door neighbor also caught one in his basement last summer. We know they hang out by our front door and somehow come in thru our laundry room but we don't know exactly how or how to make them relocate away from the front door. :sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter