• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Snack credits that can be taken home (other than trail mix!)

knlasv

Mouseketeer
We have all heard the advice to buy bags of trail mix/peanuts/etc to take home with our leftover snack credits. I'm wondering if the make-your-own rice krispies are wrapped in a package that could be put in my carry-on bag? What about bakery items? Don't get me wrong, I love the trail mix! Just looking for more unique suggestions.

We brought our Mickey head krispie treats from Goofys Candy Co. home with us. I think they were bagged. Any baked good is allowed through security, so maybe just toss a few ziplock baggies in your luggage to tote treats home.

On my last day at Disney, I went to Goofys Candy Co. and had a rice krispie and a gingerbread cookie made. They were put on separate plates with their own baggie, that was "sealed" with a twist tie. I carried them to my Universal Studios hotel and stored them in the mini fridge for a couple of days. Then put them in my backpack for my plane trip home. They survived all of that travelling with no problem.

I also ended up getting two of the huge Mickey sugar cookies. They both made the trip as well in tact. However, they were just in the paper bag provided by the bakery.

But I do like the PP suggestion of bringing some ziplock bags.

We have all heard the advice to buy bags of trail mix/peanuts/etc to take home with our leftover snack credits. I'm wondering if the make-your-own rice krispies are wrapped in a package that could be put in my carry-on bag? What about bakery items? Don't get me wrong, I love the trail mix! Just looking for more unique suggestions.
Any type of baked treat can be packaged to go with you. I highly recommend treats from the sweet shops - fudge, Mickey ear brownies, the choices are many.

Karmel Kuche in Epcot will box up multiples for you, but their boxes are not really airtight or sealed. I have been known to bring a rubbermaid or glad container with me to bring back those yummy sea salt caramels! You can also pack granola bars in it on the way down and eat them for your breakfasts.

The large Minnie's Bake Shop cookies are pre packaged individually in the larger shops like Emporium, or available at Goofy's and other bakery counters unwrapped. Same cookie, just wrapped or not. We buy them with our leftover snack credits and freeze them when we get home. Grab one or two to thaw when we need a Disney fix! They freeze pretty well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter