Smoking on balconies

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkgdisney

Mouseketeer
S smoking allowed on the balcony at Beach Club? Our neighbors are smoking so much it is coming in our room! Can we do anything?

S smoking allowed on the balcony at Beach Club? Our neighbors are smoking so much it is coming in our room! Can we do anything?

Smoking on balconies is strictly prohibited. Call the front desk and ask them to send security to that room. It never ceases to amaze me how some people can so flagrantly ignore rules.

I called, they never came, may go to the front desk, that were rude when I asked if she was smoking because it was coming in our room. She asked if I was her keeper, reminded her it was no smoking went in and called, but they are still smoking! Gonna be a long week!

When you use the front desk button on the in-room phone, it actually goes to an off-site call center. To reach the real front desk, the call center would have to transfer you. You would be better off going to the front desk and ask for the on-duty manager and speak with them.

When you went to the front desk what was their response? Did security finally come to the room? I do hope they charge them the $250 fee.

They said they would be charged, but if they did, they didn't care, woke up to smoke at 6 this morning. Waiting to hear what can be done.

We would be gagging, also get a nasty headache - seriously. They can do whatever they want but do it where it's allowed. My dh and I were smokers - have not smoked in about 22 years. Don't know what happened but cannot take the smoke/smell anymore. Weird. Curious, anyone else a previous smoker and now cannot be near it?

Good luck. I hope you don't have a problem anymore.

Currently on property, I've been seeing a ton of smoking in non-designated places. Outside the tower of terror, muppet vision and more. I think we should be allowed to carry squirt guns mad nail them. And why is there a designated smoking area next to Cinderella's Castle? When it's in the park and you don't want to approach the offender yourself, they're usually done before you can go get security or CM. Very frustrating!

I can see that this thread is just beginning to stray from the original topic of the OPs problem of her neighbors, and any actions taken by Disney/DVC.

A reminder that the DVC boards do not allow general smoking discussions, as they tend to turn quite nasty after a while and the smoking policy is not DVC specific, it is a Disney-wide policy. And since the OP has replied with whatever action Disney has taken I'm going to go ahead and close it.

Thanks to everyone for keeping it friendly and helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter