"Smile like you're massaging my feet!" A Nov '14 TR! *Updated 6/17 & 6/18- NEW TR LINK POSTED*

It appears I will be making my way back to Disney one more time this year. But not to Disney World...Disneyland!

Oh my goodness how exciting Alexis!!!!!! And a Mother/Daughter trip to boot. I've only been to Dland once as well, but I really really want to go back now. Carsland was just being built back then, so I need to see that, plus all the other great stuff that the resort offers. And wow, your dates there are, at least in part, my next WDW dates.
Offsite really is no big deal out there. Many are actually closer to the gates. That may have been my favourite thing. How easy it is to get around. Yeah, a little jealous over here.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: that is awesome and I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO jealous (but I took moving over Disneyland).

I love that it will be a mother daughter trip...I think the two of you will have a blast.

Yay for Disneyland!! DH and I were SO bummed when all of the Diamond celebration goodness was announced and we had already booked our trip for before all of it. I can't wait to see your experiences! It seems like this is the perfect year to visit!!

I love the Mickey and Minnie in safari outfits. We need to get pictures with them sometime.
So sad your trip report is over and so sad you were feeling so yucky on the plane and in so much pain.
But very excited for your trip to Disneyland!

Hi, I just found your trip report the other day. But, I read the whole thing and wanted to say thanks for writing it! It was very enjoyable and it sounds like you had a great time with your folks, you all look adorable together in your pictures. Also, I wanted to say have a great time planning and visiting Disneyland! That sounds like a wonderful trip!

Great report...thanks for sharing. We did the Universal/Disney World in early April and going to Disneyland in August....we were doing either World or Land once per year (for about the last 5 years) but I talked the wife into doing both this year since the kids love it so much at their current ages (7&10). We are staying at Hotel Indigo (we've stayed at Hojo the past few trips but it was getting pretty worn out) and then driving up to San Francisco for a couple days after 4.5 days at Disneyland.

Thanks so much for reading! :cool1: Sounds like a great trip in August, I hope you have a blast!

I love how Mickey and Minnie meet together at AK - always love when there are characters together for meets

Always tough when a trip ends, though, really sucks how you weren't feeling well and the impact that had on your flight home/the landing. I've had it a few times where my ears wouldn't pop - though sounds like not as bad as you had it - and it is not fun

What is fun though is that you are going back to Disneyland!!!! Too bad we will miss each other by a few weeks. For me it was also the 60th anniversary stuff that turned a "I'd like to get there some day" to "I need to figure out how to get there this year!" Congrats on getting the plans set ... funny, we are flying United as well as that was the cheapest direct flight for us by a bit. I had looked at the Dessert Inn and it looked nice, but we wound up at the HoJo as I thought the kids might like it better and got a good rate on a two bedroom suite.

I agree, it's great meeting multiple characters at once, especially when it's Mickey and Minnie!

Yes it's bad enough leaving Disney, a crappy flight doesn't help!

It does stink that our trips don't coincide, but it will be nice to read your TR and compare our trips! The HoJo seems great for a family! Since it's just the 2 of us, Desert Inn seems like it'll suit our needs fine so no complaints!

Yeah for Disneyland! And from experience, Mom and Daughter trips rock. You will have a blast. I was supposed to go sometime next year with my Mom, Brother and SIL. Unfortunately my brother was downsized from his job a few months ago. He's working again but in a job that doesn't pay the same. I'm hoping he will find something better soon. But it has delayed out trip for a year or two.

You and your mom always seem to have a great time, and I'm sure it'll be the same for me and mine! Sorry to hear about your brother's job troubles. Hopefully you can get to planning that trip sooner than later!

Delightful report all around.

Thanks so much!! :)

Oh my goodness how exciting Alexis!!!!!! And a Mother/Daughter trip to boot. I've only been to Dland once as well, but I really really want to go back now. Carsland was just being built back then, so I need to see that, plus all the other great stuff that the resort offers. And wow, your dates there are, at least in part, my next WDW dates.
Offsite really is no big deal out there. Many are actually closer to the gates. That may have been my favourite thing. How easy it is to get around. Yeah, a little jealous over here.

I'm really so excited! WDW is so familiar now, it's interesting to plan for somewhere that's the same yet so different. Walking to the park is one aspect I'm really looking forward to!

Yay! Disneyland! It sounds like such a fun trip - can't wait to read all about it!

Thank you!! Glad you'll follow along when the time comes :)

Yippee for Disneyland! How special to go with your mom!
-Lindsey:earsgirl:

Thank you! I do think it's going to be a very special and memorable trip!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: that is awesome and I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO jealous (but I took moving over Disneyland).

I love that it will be a mother daughter trip...I think the two of you will have a blast.

Really looking forward to this time with my mom. I'm sure you'll get to Disneyland soon..and besides pretty soon you will be living near Disney!! :cheer2:

Yay for Disneyland!! DH and I were SO bummed when all of the Diamond celebration goodness was announced and we had already booked our trip for before all of it. I can't wait to see your experiences! It seems like this is the perfect year to visit!!

I'm really glad we'll be able to experience the Diamond Celebration and that we were able to find a time to visit during it!

I love the Mickey and Minnie in safari outfits. We need to get pictures with them sometime.
So sad your trip report is over and so sad you were feeling so yucky on the plane and in so much pain.
But very excited for your trip to Disneyland!

I love that meet in AK, it's so fun! And thank you! :)

Hi, I just found your trip report the other day. But, I read the whole thing and wanted to say thanks for writing it! It was very enjoyable and it sounds like you had a great time with your folks, you all look adorable together in your pictures. Also, I wanted to say have a great time planning and visiting Disneyland! That sounds like a wonderful trip!

Thank you so much for your sweet compliments and for reading along! I'm very excited for Disneyland :)

November 2014 Recap!

Well after 6 months this TR has finally come to an end!

As expected, this Disney trip was wonderful! Even though we were just there the year prior, it was still really awesome to get to go with my parents again...AND to be able to celebrate the Christmas season! Even though we were always on the go, we still managed to fit in some down time, which our last trip definitely lacked. It was nice to have moments to be leisurely and enjoy our surroundings.

I love buying/trading pins, so here's all my loot from the trip.

First, all the ones I traded for:

And the ones I bought:

And all of them together:

Lots of pins! :thumbsup2

And a little recap of some of my favorite parts of the trip!

-Characterpalooza
We met SO many great characters! Getting Mary Poppins & Bert was so awesome (even if we ended up meeting them again later in the trip) and Dopey was hands down the best surprise. I liked that was back near ToT as opposed to Streets of America. It was more controlled and selfishly I liked it because there weren't many people around! (Crazy that this has TOTALLY changed since then)

-Food & Wine
We really got to enjoy ourselves so much more at F&W this year. The weather held up and we got to do everything we wanted to!

-Crystal Palace
Our first ever character meal did not
disappoint! Having a pre park opening ADR was amazing and the food here was delicious.

-Festival of Fantasy
This parade was everything I hoped it would be! Seeing it twice was such a good choice. I can't imagine skipping this on future trips.

-Ohana
Despite all the mixed reviews I had heard, I am so glad we ate here. The food was so delicious and hope to dine here again!

-Osborne Lights
Hands down the most amazing thing I've ever seen and experienced. Pictures don't do it justice. Actually being there with the music playing and the snow falling, it's just a magical thing. I really hope this doesn't close any time soon, because I'd love the chance to see them again.

-MVMCP
We got to meet lots of great characters, see the parade/fireworks AND experienced snow on Main Street!

-Wishes
No reason in particular except for IT'S WISHES. There's nothing more quintessential about a Disney trip than watching fireworks over Cinderella's Castle.

-Tower of Terror/Expedition Everest
Getting multiple rides on 2 of my favorite rides was perfect! And getting mom to say she likes EE now is pretty awesome!

-Character meets
In particular, Fairy Godmother, Rapunzel and Aurora! They all were really special :)

And that's all for our November 2014 trip! I just wanted to say thank you SO much to everyone that followed along and left comments! I really appreciate being able to share my trip with you all!

I'm going to start my TR for May very soon, so I'll post the link here once I do! :goodvibes

Alexis, thanks for the recap. That's a lot of pins!!!! I really should do something with mine; perhaps I'll give them to a child who I see collecting the next time I am there.

Loved most of your highlights (except Ohanas ;) ), and I pray with you that the Osborne Lights don't go away anytime soon...I'd love to see them again myself.

Please let me know when you start your May TR (I don't get here as often anymore).

Great recap - while I am not a pin collector I can appreciate them ... definitely love the "ticket" ones and the FP- ones!

Glad you had such a great time and got to experience some new things as well!

THANK YOU!!! for writing the TR and inviting us along!

Loved all the AK fun! It was fun to see all your pins at the end, too.

Can't wait for the next report!

Great recap! I really love all of your pin trades/purchases, that's quite the haul.

Thank you! I was happy with all my pins, I had a lot of good luck trading this time around!

Alexis, thanks for the recap. That's a lot of pins!!!! I really should do something with mine; perhaps I'll give them to a child who I see collecting the next time I am there.

Loved most of your highlights (except Ohanas ;) ), and I pray with you that the Osborne Lights don't go away anytime soon...I'd love to see them again myself.

Please let me know when you start your May TR (I don't get here as often anymore).

The pin collecting has become such an obsession. I have a huge bulletin board full, I'll have to take a picture of it at some point!

We can agree to disagree on Ohana ;)

You got some great pins! Great recap.

Thanks! :)

Great recap - while I am not a pin collector I can appreciate them ... definitely love the "ticket" ones and the FP- ones!

Glad you had such a great time and got to experience some new things as well!

THANK YOU!!! for writing the TR and inviting us along!

The FP- pins are some of my favorites! I would love to collect more of those.

Thank you so much! :)

Loved all the AK fun! It was fun to see all your pins at the end, too.

Can't wait for the next report!

Glad to see you back on here!

Thank you! :)

Awesome recap!! Thank YOU so much for taking the time to share your fabulous experiences.

Thank you! I'm glad I can share my trips here :)

The pin collecting has become such an obsession. I have a huge bulletin board full, I'll have to take a picture of it at some point!

We can agree to disagree on Ohana ;)

That's what I love about Disney...we all love it, but also love to agree/disagree on our favorites and still be friends. :)

I should take a picture of my pins and see if there are any you want before I give them to some child.

Loved reading your TR! Excited to read about your May trip! And I'm loving how soon your Disneyland trip is!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter