"Smile like you're massaging my feet!" A Nov '14 TR! *Updated 6/17 & 6/18- NEW TR LINK POSTED*

Day 8 - Animal Kingdom Continued Some More

After lunch we actually decided to split up for a bit! Mom & Dad wanted to grab a drink somewhere so while they did that I decided to go use the single rider line at EE! I think Mom was a little jealous and I know she wanted to ride again but she knew my dad wanted to get that drink so she sacrificed the extra ride.

I was able to get 2 rides in on EE, both times only having to wait about 10 mins or so!

After that I headed to meet my parents, who were hanging out at the Dawa Bar. They also took these PP pics in my absence!

We then went to meet Daisy at her spot in Discovery Island. I remembered this spot was a little hidden from when Winnie the Pooh and friends were meeting here. So we walked over there and discover that there was NO ONE there except for Daisy and her handler/PP person. Poor Daisy! But she was very excited to have some guests and we got a bunch of cute pics with her!

It was awesome to be able to take our time meeting with her, but they really should advertise that location a little more! I know she no longer meets there. I don't even know who, if anyone, meets there now?

Up next...we finish our Animal Kingdom day

I love that single rider line on EE! It seems like very few people know it exists and there's rarely a long wait.

Cute pictures with Daisy! That's also a great hidden secret at AK. I read recently that they moved Pocahontas down there.

Sounds like a fun morning even if the safari was less than amazing

Glad you enjoyed the Nemo Musical. I think it is really well done - I think it gets overlooked as it isn't quite as amazing as Festival of the Lion King so everyone focuses on that one.

Glad you mom enjoyed EE upon second riding! Also, I love that PP spot on the bridge you were on.

I was able to get 2 rides in on EE, both times only having to wait about 10 mins or so!

Ahhhhhh, NOW we're getting somewhere.

17611308721_4c7c6b91a6.jpg

So cute that your folks did the PP photos, but I have to ask, This last photo... who took that? I'm assuming you did? Totally adorable.

I have to remember to go see Daisy. I know sometimes they send someone to the entrance to call people in because she really is so hidden down there.

I know she no longer meets there. I don't even know who, if anyone, meets there now?

Oh, ok. I guess I won't see her, lol.

I love that single rider line on EE! It seems like very few people know it exists and there's rarely a long wait.

Cute pictures with Daisy! That's also a great hidden secret at AK. I read recently that they moved Pocahontas down there.

I agree, it was very convenient!

That's a good spot for Pocahontas to meet actually!

Sounds like a fun morning even if the safari was less than amazing

Glad you enjoyed the Nemo Musical. I think it is really well done - I think it gets overlooked as it isn't quite as amazing as Festival of the Lion King so everyone focuses on that one.

Glad you mom enjoyed EE upon second riding! Also, I love that PP spot on the bridge you were on.

It was a great morning! I agree, Nemo does get overlooked because of FOTLK but it's still a fun show to see!

Ahhhhhh, NOW we're getting somewhere.

So cute that your folks did the PP photos, but I have to ask, This last photo... who took that? I'm assuming you did? Totally adorable.

I have to remember to go see Daisy. I know sometimes they send someone to the entrance to call people in because she really is so hidden down there.

Oh, ok. I guess I won't see her, lol.

Haha yes, I was hoping that would make you proud!

Yes I took that picture! I guess I should've been clearer that that one was taken after we met back up ;)

Daisy does still meet in AK though! We met her in May near the entrance to Africa :thumbsup2

Yay for extra rides on EE!

Love the pics of your parents too - it seems like such a great trip to take with them! Reading your TR, I'm a little sad I never did Disney with just my parents when I was older.

And poor Daisy! But you got some great shots!

Yay for extra rides on EE!

Love the pics of your parents too - it seems like such a great trip to take with them! Reading your TR, I'm a little sad I never did Disney with just my parents when I was older.

And poor Daisy! But you got some great shots!

I was excited to get a few more rides in!

It's been really nice to get to experience Disney with them now as an adult :) But I think it's great that you get to go their with your parents AND kids- so many generations all experiencing Disney together!! :goodvibes

Cute pictures of you on EE.

How sweet that mom and dad got some PP pictures while you were getting your ride on prior to getting their drink. I LOVE that Dawa Bar.

That's too bad that no one was waiting to see Daisy. She's not there anymore? When did they take her out? I could have sworn she was there when we were there in May (or maybe I'm just imagining it). Cute pictures of you all with Daisy.

Cute pictures of you on EE.

How sweet that mom and dad got some PP pictures while you were getting your ride on prior to getting their drink. I LOVE that Dawa Bar.

That's too bad that no one was waiting to see Daisy. She's not there anymore? When did they take her out? I could have sworn she was there when we were there in May (or maybe I'm just imagining it). Cute pictures of you all with Daisy.

Thank you! :)

It was nice that they got to spend some time together! They too enjoy the Dawa Bar!

When we went in May she was meeting somewhere different- near the entrance of Africa!

Day 6 - Saying Goodbye to Disney :(

After meeting Daisy we had one final thing to do. We had a FP+ to meet Mickey & Minnie! I thought seeing the big cheeses was a fitting last thing to do! We only had to wait a few mins before being brought into the room.

And with that it was time to say goodbye to Animal Kingdom! We took some last PP pics, where I look a mess haha I definitely wasn't feeling my best!

And then as we exited the park we saw some less common characters out- Terk and Timon! Of course we had to meet them! There weren't many people waiting and we ended up being some of the last people to meet them as they were switching out with Gov. Radcliffe and Meeko I believe the CM said.

It was a fun and unexpected surprise. You guys know how much I love crossing new characters off my list ;)

And then it was REALLY time to say goodbye. We got a bus pretty quickly and were back at our hotel with plenty of time to spare before ME was scheduled to pick us up. It turned out to be a beautiful day, so we grabbed a table near the pool area to hang out at.

At some point Mom & I walked to the lobby and by luck as someone was coming out from behind the desk we caught a glimpse of a massive pin board! So we asked someone if it was possible to see it and they brought it right out for us to look at! The board actually had some great pins and I traded for a bunch!

I also decided that it was only right that I end the trip the way I started it, with a Mickey bar! We sat outside for a while, and I definitely fell asleep for a few minutes. Hey- planning and organizing a Disney trip is tiring! But eventually it was time to board the Unmagical Express :(

We had no problems getting to the airport or going through security and our flight was on time. The flight was fine for the most part, I slept a little bit which is an accomplishment for me because I usually have a hard time sleeping on planes. I think it definitely had to do with me not feeling well. But as we got closer to home, the descent was BRUTAL for me. My being sick had the worst effect on my ears. Despite chewing gum, my ears just wouldn't pop. I've never had that happen to me before, and I've had colds on planes before and still never had that happen. I was in so much pain I just started crying, and I have a pretty decent tolerance for pain. So yeah, those last 30 mins or so were not pleasant. We finally landed and it still took a bit for my ears to feel normal. But we got our bags and were home before we knew it.

And yet again, another fabulous Disney trip in the books! I will do one final recap post!

Cute pictures with Mickey and Minnie. I was wondering when they change over to their to their Christmas outfits. It looks like they stay in the safari ones at least through some of November.

OMG Terk and Timon! I've met Timon but not Terk, what a cool way to end your trip. I would have wanted to stay for the change over and meet the other characters that were coming out.

The pin boards at the resorts are just awesome! My favorite was the one at POFQ. It was out all day and when we stayed there last October I had to check it in the morning and at night.

:sad1: Nothing worse than riding that unmagical express back to the airport.

Sorry that you had problems with your ears, that could not have been fun.

Great last day! You had some awesome photo pass pictures taken. So sorry you were feeling sick on your last day!
-Lindsey

We had a FP+ to meet Mickey & Minnie!

I love this meet. I think it's the only spot to get Minnie and Mickey together and that's just such a treat.

And then as we exited the park we saw some less common characters out- Terk and Timon! Of course we had to meet them! There weren't many people waiting and we ended up being some of the last people to meet them as they were switching out with Gov. Radcliffe and Meeko I believe the CM said.

WOW, that is a great group of rare characters. And to think you could technically meet them without having a park ticket.

So so sorry for your unpleasant trip home. :hug: The last few trips I had big problems with my ears too. Would not pop and really really painful. I never had that issue before, other than these last few trips. And then I got really sick afterwards. Thankfully it was the trip home and not going.

Okay, tell me where Mickey and Minnie meet now at AK? We have FP+ for it next month but no idea where they are. Cute pictures of you guys with them. And what a fun "surprise" character meet. I've seen Timon before (never had a picture with him, but seen him outside), but I've never seen Terk.

Nothing like a Mickey Bar before you hit the road.

I'm so sorry about your ears on the plane. Unfortunately, it takes a day (sometimes two) before my ears pop.

I can't wait for your recap.

Very cute pictures with Mickey and Minnie! This will be on my list for FP+ for our long trip. I love the Mickey and Minnie meet together!

Last days are never fun - and especially not on your last day at Disney!

A Mickey bar is a great way to end the trip! And that's great that you got to explore all the pins!

I'm sorry you weren't feeling well! I know it can be hard flying when you're sick.

Can't wait to read the wrap up!

Cute pictures with Mickey and Minnie. I was wondering when they change over to their to their Christmas outfits. It looks like they stay in the safari ones at least through some of November.

OMG Terk and Timon! I've met Timon but not Terk, what a cool way to end your trip. I would have wanted to stay for the change over and meet the other characters that were coming out.

The pin boards at the resorts are just awesome! My favorite was the one at POFQ. It was out all day and when we stayed there last October I had to check it in the morning and at night.

:sad1: Nothing worse than riding that unmagical express back to the airport.

Sorry that you had problems with your ears, that could not have been fun.

I was a little disappointed not to meet them in the Christmas outfits!

Meeting those characters was a great treat. I would've liked to stay but my dad is nervous nelly and needed to make sure we were back at the hotel in time :laughing:

I was so glad that we were able to see the pin board!

It definitely wasn't a fun way to end the trip, I was happy when it was all over with.

Great last day! You had some awesome photo pass pictures taken. So sorry you were feeling sick on your last day!
-Lindsey

Thank you! It definitely was a fun and relaxing last day :)

I love this meet. I think it's the only spot to get Minnie and Mickey together and that's just such a treat.

WOW, that is a great group of rare characters. And to think you could technically meet them without having a park ticket.

So so sorry for your unpleasant trip home. :hug: The last few trips I had big problems with my ears too. Would not pop and really really painful. I never had that issue before, other than these last few trips. And then I got really sick afterwards. Thankfully it was the trip home and not going.

I don't think I can ever go to AK without doing that meet!

It was such a surprise to catch Terk and Timon, a nice way to leave the park!

I'm sorry that you've also experienced that pain :( It definitely left me a little paranoid, luckily it didn't happen on the most recent trip.

Okay, tell me where Mickey and Minnie meet now at AK? We have FP+ for it next month but no idea where they are. Cute pictures of you guys with them. And what a fun "surprise" character meet. I've seen Timon before (never had a picture with him, but seen him outside), but I've never seen Terk.

Nothing like a Mickey Bar before you hit the road.

I'm so sorry about your ears on the plane. Unfortunately, it takes a day (sometimes two) before my ears pop.

I can't wait for your recap.

They meet in a building just past It's Tough to be a Bug. It's a great meet with very cute theming.

Couldn't leave without one last Mickey bar!

I'm sorry to hear about your ear troubles :( Having never experienced that, it was pretty awful!

Very cute pictures with Mickey and Minnie! This will be on my list for FP+ for our long trip. I love the Mickey and Minnie meet together!

Last days are never fun - and especially not on your last day at Disney!

A Mickey bar is a great way to end the trip! And that's great that you got to explore all the pins!

I'm sorry you weren't feeling well! I know it can be hard flying when you're sick.

Can't wait to read the wrap up!

It's such a cute meet, definitely add it to your list!

Last days are always so sad, but we definitely had fun during ours. And I HAD to have that last Mickey bar!

Before I post my November 2014 recap, I wanted to share some exciting news! It appears I will be making my way back to Disney one more time this year. But not to Disney World...Disneyland!

This trip came together very unexpectedly but I am BEYOND excited! I also realize how FORTUNATE I am/have been to be able to take all these trips and do not for one second take it for granted! That's why I love coming to the DIS to discuss, you guys just get it :)

I have been dying to get back to Disneyland for a while. I have only ever been there once and it was only a 1 day visit. I've always wanted to make it back as I knew it had a lot of different things to offer! I really wasn't sure when that was going to happen though. But then in January things changed when Disneyland announced the Diamond Celebration to commemorate the 60th anniversary! The minute I heard about everything they'd be doing, I knew I HAD to visit during this time.

Of course the first person I told was my mom! She loves hearing about all this stuff, and she agreed it sounded really cool. I told her how bad I wanted to go but really wasn't sure who I could convince to go with me. My mom jokingly (or not so jokingly) said "I'll go with you!". I said yeah and what about dad? He loved our last 2 trips but he was definitely done on the Disney front for a while. I kind of didn't think any more of it, but apparently my mom did! She went out with my dad to eat one day and came home and said "So I talked to your dad and he thinks me and you should go together". WHAT?! My first thoughts were: We can't do that! HAHA But we had some discussions and agreed that we should go for it! We agreed it would be a fun experience for the two of us and there probably won't be many opportunities for us to do something like this again.

So with that said, we began talking through some details and I began researching like a mad woman! We settled on going September 16-21. We booked our flight through United at a REALLY good rate. It's also a direct flight from our home airport to LAX. I will miss Jet Blue, but if we took it we would have to fly out of a different airport which is not as convenient. We also booked a hotel off-site! I knew we wouldn't be staying onsite so I started researching all the good neighbor hotels. From my brief visit in 2012, I knew how close some of these hotels are to the park! I love the idea of being able to walk right across the street to get to the park- no waiting for buses! We decided on the Anaheim Desert Inn and a got a pretty decent rate. I'm glad I booked when I did though, as the price went up after that!

With our room and flight booked it's official, WE ARE GOING TO DISNEYLAND IN ALMOST 3 MONTHS! I don't plan to do a PTR but will keep you guys updated throughout my next TR :)

Great report...thanks for sharing. We did the Universal/Disney World in early April and going to Disneyland in August....we were doing either World or Land once per year (for about the last 5 years) but I talked the wife into doing both this year since the kids love it so much at their current ages (7&10). We are staying at Hotel Indigo (we've stayed at Hojo the past few trips but it was getting pretty worn out) and then driving up to San Francisco for a couple days after 4.5 days at Disneyland.

I love how Mickey and Minnie meet together at AK - always love when there are characters together for meets

Always tough when a trip ends, though, really sucks how you weren't feeling well and the impact that had on your flight home/the landing. I've had it a few times where my ears wouldn't pop - though sounds like not as bad as you had it - and it is not fun

What is fun though is that you are going back to Disneyland!!!! Too bad we will miss each other by a few weeks. For me it was also the 60th anniversary stuff that turned a "I'd like to get there some day" to "I need to figure out how to get there this year!" Congrats on getting the plans set ... funny, we are flying United as well as that was the cheapest direct flight for us by a bit. I had looked at the Dessert Inn and it looked nice, but we wound up at the HoJo as I thought the kids might like it better and got a good rate on a two bedroom suite.

Yeah for Disneyland! And from experience, Mom and Daughter trips rock. You will have a blast. I was supposed to go sometime next year with my Mom, Brother and SIL. Unfortunately my brother was downsized from his job a few months ago. He's working again but in a job that doesn't pay the same. I'm hoping he will find something better soon. But it has delayed out trip for a year or two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter