• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Smellephants on Parade??

corpcomp

The 100 Yard Dash and Mr. D
Read today that Disney is adding a new attraction in Fantasyland called Smellephants on Parade. It's a series of elephants that you interact with and smell, I guess identifying the smell. Not sure how you activate it or what part of the Smellephant you have to get your nose near (ugh) but my son asked if they might have a Turkey Smellelephant.

I laughed but got to thinking about turkey legs and read how they make them. They are very large as most of you know but I did not know they are specifically from a male turkey because their legs are larger than those you typically see at Thanksgiving. Those turkeys are all female. And they soak them in brine which is why they taste more like ham than turkey.

Anyway, not sure I will be sticking my nose into any Smellephants any time soon.

Thanks, figured if they could be touched we would need a lot of hand sanitizer
The full details have yet to be released, but it seems that the experience may be similar to the Disney Springs Christmas Tree Stroll, where guests will be given a map and stickers to fittingly identify the scent locations.

The full details have yet to be released, but it seems that the experience may be similar to the Disney Springs Christmas Tree Stroll, where guests will be given a map and stickers to fittingly identify the scent locations.
Wait what? They had scents for the Christmas trees there at DS? I've been there twice at Christmas and had no idea or noticed any scents by the trees. Will need to have my nose checked.

Wait what? They had scents for the Christmas trees there at DS? I've been there twice at Christmas and had no idea or noticed any scents by the trees. Will need to have my nose checked.

The Christmas trees, sadly, do not have scents. The map and stickers experience will be similar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter