• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

smart wool dress socks

My5Mouseketeers

Mouseketeer
I love my smartwool ultra light crew socks, but they are so expensive (about $17 a pair). I can wear them to work with slacks and loafers or dressy boots. They are not the thick bulky ones you would wear out in the snow, they are pretty thin.

Are there other brands that are just as good, but maybe cheaper? I bought my first ones on socksaddict. I really need a few more pairs.

any suggestions?

Believe REI does 15% off if you buy 3. They usually have a really nice selection of Smartwools. Their own brand is decent as well IMO but not sure if they make a dress sock. Also check reioutlet.com

Swiftwick has merino wool dress socks that are fabulous, thin, come in a range of muted colors, and they're SWIFTWICK. Awesome socks and made in the USA.

A big plus for me is that they have a wider range of sizes, for example: I wear a 6 1/2 shoe, and I sometimes have a lot of sock leftover because women's socks are one size fit most. My Swiftwick socks exactly fit my foot, and they have fabulous compression at the arch. :cloud9:

They are about the same price as you stated, but they do have a sock club, occasional sales, etc.

http://www.swiftwick.com

Yes, go to amazon and type in Smartwool socks. They have 4 pair of a certain knock-off sock made in the USA for $17 and it's gotten pretty good reviews from a lot of people.

2nd sierra trading post, though I got some no show smartwools from 6pm a whle back for cheap, sometime you can google the item,and you will find the best discounts- I havne't paid more than 6 buckas a pair thru STP site.... also my local store Ocean state Job lot now sells a very decent wool knockoff, I actually like how they hold up up BETTER than my smartwool brand,which are super warm, but seem to wear faster. (these are the only type of sock I wear from Oct-March)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter