• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

slo's Friday poll - Milk

MILK - What type do you drink????

• Total voters
I voted skim, but I don't drink milk. Put it in cereal or coffee, use in recipes, etc. But I don't just drink a glass of milk.

And sometimes we use whole milk in recipes... especially mac & cheese.

I buy 5-6 gallons a week.

My DH and I drink skim

My two boys (18 & 19) drink 2%

2%.

I was raised for the first part of my childhood on our own milk straight from the cow. We always had a pitcher of it with an inch of cream risen to the top. When I went to kindergarten and had the school's 2% milk I thought it was awful weak! I've gotten used to it though ;)

I am surprised by all the skim milk results. I grew up with 1% so it was a very easy change for me to switch to skim once I was on my own but I find that I get a lot of comments from friends/family about how I can manage to drink it.

1% Mainly unless I can't get it then I will buy 2%

I don't remember when we switched to skim but I know it was over 20 years ago. We drink 3-4 gallons a week. Two teenage daughters and a little for DH and I.

Last edited:
Grew up on skim, we have 1% in the house! but most don't drink it straight. My kids are thin (2 are definitely underweight, 1 very), but so was their dad until he graduated from college. I don't want them to get used to the taste of whole or 2%, and then have a hard time making the transition as adults.

I don't drink milk, only use it in my cereal. Skim for me and dh, 1% for the kids.

I don't like milk. I don't even keep it in the house. I'll only buy it if something I'm cooking needs it, and only a tiny container because otherwise it will go bad.

I personally have never understood how someone could just drink a glass of milk. It's so gross to me. Even as a kid I didn't like it.

We use 2% and we keep vanilla almond milk here for our granddaughter who is lactose intolerant.

For about 10 years now, 1%. Used to be 2% for about 10 years before that. Before that it was whole milk.

Sometimes a gallon lasts only three or four days. Other times, like now, there's still half of the gallon left with today's date as the sell by date.
If it wasn't for DH & DS I'd never buy more than a litre at a time and would likely have 1/3 of that spoil. When DS is away over the summers I buy it by the 2 litre, but DH is such a creature of habit he can't help always going for the gallon.

Not a big believer in the whole "organic" thing, so no.
Yea I used to think the same way until I researched it some more and found out what the cows were eating that went to the milk. The only things we buy that are organic is anything dairy,fruit, veggies, eggs, chicken and anything the baby eats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter