• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

slo’s WEDNESDAY 6/15 poll - The Beach

The Beach - How often do you go? (M.C.)

• A lot

Votes: 11 10.4%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 15 14.2%
  • Once in awhile

Votes: 17 16.0%
  • Rarely

Votes: 31 29.2%
  • Never

Votes: 17 16.0%
  • I’ve never been to a beach

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We live very close to a beach - walking distance

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • We live close to a beach - driving distance

Votes: 35 33.0%
  • We do not live by a beach - if you go to the beach, please post when

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
How often do you go to the beach in the summer? :beach: (M.C.)

For Me…..The last couple years - never
With me living by Lake Michigan, there are a lot of beaches we can go to, but we have no time. When my girls were younger, I would take them several times a summer, but our schedule now is just to crazy busy to go.
9EB91A81-5BD8-40DA-8412-1C3013DF62DF.png

Oh my dream would be to have a beach house - right ON the beach ❤️❤️❤️❤️
I am inland so I only get to the beach when I cruise or go to FL which is Never enough - typical of any Midwestern person I have a beach themed bathroom - I’d do my whole house that way and put sand in the backyard if I could 🏖🏝 if palm trees could survive by me I would plant a dozen ❤️ right along my beachfront I’d make ! I wonder if the deer would enjoy it ?? I’ll ask them tonight when they pop in my yard to eat my flowers ( caught them in the act last night we had a stand off - she finally left I’m like seriously ? wait until I’m done then come eat the flowers - silly deer)
So last time I was at a beach was May 2022 on my DCL cruise and I did lots of beach time !!!

I've been to a beach twice already but that was when we visited our son in Charleston SC this spring. Otherwise we only go when we stay in Mackinaw City for a few days in August.

Oh my dream would be to have a beach house - right ON the beach ❤️❤️❤️❤️
I am inland so I only get to the beach when I cruise or go to FL which is Never enough - typical of any Midwestern person I have a beach themed bathroom - I’d do my whole house that way and put sand in the backyard if I could 🏖🏝 if palm trees could survive by me I would plant a dozen ❤️ right along my beachfront I’d make ! I wonder if the deer would enjoy it ?? I’ll ask them tonight when they pop in my yard to eat my flowers ( caught them in the act last night we had a stand off - she finally left I’m like seriously ? wait until I’m done then come eat the flowers - silly deer)
So last time I was at a beach was May 2022 on my DCL cruise and I did lots of beach time !!!
No lakes in your neck of the woods? I much prefer a freshwater lake over the ocean.

We live about 15 minutes from the beach but never go. The local beaches off Lake Erie aren’t really that great and the couple nice ones are always crowded. I love the beach but prefer to wait until on vacation to enjoy them somewhere else.

We are not really beach people. Only time that we actually stay on the beach is on a cruise theses days.

When the kids were small we would camp and go to the beach so they could make sandcastles. No we walk to the beach look and keep going.

It doesn’t help that I don’t swim so just sitting on the beach for hours on end is not my thing. The rest of the family can swim though.

All the time. We have a cottage on a lake which is super common in our province. Most of the city is “at the lake” in the summer.

To me summer =water.
We have the UK equivalent, a holiday home in Spain!
We are there at the moment, I can see the beach and the sparkling Mediterranean Sea just two hundred yards away as I write this.

ford family

No beaches in our vicinity except for the man-made lakes in certain neighbourhoods. I’m not really a beach person anyway. On a recent vacation to Cuba I spent exactly 11 minutes on the beach, one morning at sunrise to get pictures. On two recent cruises with Mexican port calls, zero beach time in either place.

We live a 2 hour drive from the coast. Our first year here, we took day trips to different beaches about once a month.

As we have gotten busier, we have gone about once a quarter. I prefer going off season..We like to sit, swim, walk and collect shells then stop for dinner on the way home.

We also always go for a week with my family. DH knows if I start getting too stressed, he'll suggest a beach day. The beach is definitely my happy place.

I voted rarely - we'll go for a day when we're visiting my MIL in Fort Myers, but around home, maybe once a summer we might go to a beach if we're boating with neighbors.

I voted a lot/driving distance. We're about 140 miles/ 2.5 hours from our usual Ocean City, MD spot. But we're actually a lot closer to Lewes/Dewey/Rehoboth Beach, DE. We go there sometimes, it's about 120 miles, 2 hours drive.

I live in Maryland, close to DC and Baltimore. And DH and I are definitely beach people. The kids don't get a vote.

We tend to have at least one proper weeklong beach vacation every summer (Hatteras Island, Virginia Beach, Ocean City MD or Chincoteague) along with a few long weekends at Ocean City or the Delaware beaches in the greater May - Oct. beach season, and then several day trips just to Assateague Island National Seashore in MD.

This summer we're doing a week at Chincoteague and a week at a beachfront resort in Dorado, Puerto Rico. The day trips to Ocean City/Assateague should start soon as well.

We're close to many small lake beaches as well as Lake Michigan beaches. In years past, my beach visits back then will hold me over until I'm gone. Zero desire to go to the beach. Look at the beach maybe, but not go to the beach.

No lakes in your neck of the woods? I much prefer a freshwater lake over the ocean.
Ones with rocks not sand - nothing really nice or worth putting a toe in / rather nasty or too dangerous to swim - Anything else is a lengthy drive and still rocky and more for boating or sitting in your waterfront property putting up with the party crowd which is not my thing - the really nice areas not party area too rich for me - I’m on a kool-aid budget with champagne taste kind of person 🏝😎

We used to live 15 minutes from the beach when we lived on Long Island and would go probably every weekend. Now we live in Philly and it's about an hour and half to the shore and we go maybe every other weekend. We live for summer beach weekends and extend the summer as long as the weather will cooperate!

We have a few local lakeside beaches close by, but DH considers "beach" to be the ocean -- and that's nowhere near. And he hates the lakes. We manage to spend a day at one beach or another probably 2-3 times a summer.

I’m on a kool-aid budget with champagne taste kind of person 🏝😎
I love this! :rotfl:

We have billions of beaches here in MN, but...eh. I only go when we are on vacation. I love going, but never think of it. Lake swimming is the best!
This!

We are like Minnesota here in Manitoba with 100,000 lakes. I have camped and swam in Minnesota lakes (Detroit lakes for one!) too and they are awesome!

I HATE swimming in the ocean - will wade only. I hate the feel of salt water and the fear of things that may hurt you. Give me a Manitoba/Minnesota lake any day!

(I do like looking at the ocean....just not swimming in it...)

It seems so odd to hear people here talk about flying for a beach vacation when we are surrounded by so many lovely beaches here within an hour's drive.

Fun fact - we have the world's 10th largest lake here - Lake Winnipeg.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter