Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I don’t know - I’ve never been to an Olive Garden

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 5 3.8%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
On a scale of 1 - 8, with 1 being loving it and 8 being strongly disliking it, how would you rate your opinion of this restaurant?

For Me……I’m a 6 - I don’t love it and I don’t hate it, but I dislike it more than liking it.
I went to dinner there last night with some lady friends and it was my first time there since January 2019. I was surprised at how high the prices are now and how boring my food was - I’ve never thought Olive Garden food was awesome - I’ve always liked other Italian restaurants or my own cooking better. I spent $22.00 for my soda and entree (that doesn‘t include the tip) and it was definitely not worth it. So, I’m now good for another 4 years - I don’t need to go back anytime soon unless I’m meeting my friends there because one of them wants to go.
Sorry to all you that love Olive Garden - I know many do - I see people waiting outside regardless if it’s hot out or cold out.

BC84615E-B9D9-4693-B58D-495DD225E96F.jpeg

Last edited:
I used to love it but it fell off the mountain years ago and I stopped going - cost too much to get a bad meal - I can go someplace else and get decent food cheaper - really sad they used to be good years ago
It shows as their parking lot is empty most of the time

I feel the same way Slo. Actually, I feel the same way about most chain restaurants. We like to dine out, however, and most often find ourselves at places that are not major chains. I find that privately owned restaurants care more about their food and service because they are vested in it and it definitely shows in the taste and presentation.

I feel the same way Slo. Actually, I feel the same way about most chain restaurants. We like to dine out, however, and most often find ourselves at places that are not major chains. I find that privately owned restaurants care more about their food and service because they are vested in it and it definitely shows in the taste and presentation.
Yes
Yes
and
Yes!!!!!
This is exactly why DH and I agreed to not eat any chain restaurants when we went to Florida a few months ago. We had the best restaurant experiences doing that - the best we’ve had in years. I’m about ready to ditch all chain restaurants - they are getting more and more disappointing all the time. Since we dine out very seldom, I notice what’s disappointing very easily.

I'll give it a 5.The only thing I've ever had there was was their soup/salad/breadsticks thing. And I have not been to one in probably 15 or more years. Marie does go once or twice a year with her church ladies group. I think she might give it a 6. (Marie is a great excellent Italian cook)

Last edited:
I used to love it but it fell off the mountain years ago and I stopped going - cost too much to get a bad meal - I can go someplace else and get decent food cheaper - really sad they used to be good years ago
It shows as their parking lot is empty most of the time
I'm the opposite. I hated the first one I went to - bad service, gave it another go, and still disappointed.

But then years later, we moved, and had a much better experience. DS and I love the breadsticks (which aren't on DH's diet) so we would stop there for lunch when it was just the two of us out back-to-school shopping or something.

The one nearest was recently changed to something else, and I haven't tried it yet.

DD11 and I love it. DH and DS13 don't love it. We'll go without them for lunch on our mommy/baby days. Basically, if we're going shopping or going to a movie without them. There's never a wait at lunchtime. No, I won't wait an hour for dinner there, etc. And I'm pretty happy with the prices.

I really like a few specific items on the menu - that big bucket of salad with the black olives is my favorite. And I alternate between chicken parm or shrimp scampi. And I love the desserts - strawberry cream cake, zeppole, cheese cake, I don't know which one I love more.

This spring I actually took DD and about 5 of her friends there for lunch. They eat like starving teenagers, but it wasn't too expensive.

I gave it a 5. I do like their breadsticks, soup, and salad. There pasta … meh.

I will readily admit I love making the copycat Zuppa Toscana. It’s heavy in rotation during winter months. And just thinking about it now makes me crave it! 😋 Hmmm… and today is grocery day 🤔, feels like a soup day even if our high is supposed to be 77!

We haven't been to an Olive Garden in around 5 years and it had probably been just as long before that if not longer since I had been there. My daughter, her friend and I went after a swim meet because they wanted pasta and I had a gift card that had been sitting in my wallet for over a year. The service was awful, everything that I tried to order they had somehow run out of (I forget what the special was) so I ordered the alfredo pasta and was sorely disappointed. As others have said I prefer to frequent the family-owned over the chain restaurants.

I have family members with food allergies and we tried it once but most of their stuff is premade they were unable to do much to accommodate them so have not been back.

I haven't been in ages, but I'm not a fan. I don't really like American Italian food all that much.

We used to like it just fine—maybe a 3. Soup and breadsticks were always good, entrees were acceptable and specials/coupons made it reasonable. But we had a terrible meal at the one near us shortly before the pandemic and then realized that it had been going downhill for a while. We haven’t been back although I’d give it another try at some point.

I rated it a 2. Although we don’t go out to eat often it’s always to a chain restaurant cause that’s about all we have around here. I have always enjoyed what I had there and the service has always been good. I’m not too picky about where we eat cause as long as I’m not cooking and washing dishes, I’m happy.

I voted "Other" because it's been so long since I've dined there I really don't remember. My vague recollection was that it was fair, but other Italian eateries were just as conveniently located and had much better food. I can throw together a half-way decent spaghetti meal at home in about 30 minutes for only a few bucks.

I changed mine, from a 3 to a 6. I was thinking the reverse order in the grading numbers. Marie went from a 3 to a 6.

Olive Garden was kinda okay in the 90s before food quality took a dive in mid-tier restaurants. I would never choose it myself but if a party wanted to eat there I would suffer through it. It doesn't even qualify as actual food for me, just providing a number of calories.

Have only eaten there once, many years ago, while visiting family out of state. IIRC, it was okay. I live in an area where there is an abundance of very good (non-chain) Italian restaurants.

It’s been a couple decades since I’ve been to one. I remember it being okay. The closest one is over an hour away and just not on my radar to go to if I happen to be in an area with one.

Olive Garden is my 'picky-eater,' never-wants-to-go-out' son's favorite restaurant. It is the ONLY place he'll agree to go eat at. He loves it. He loves the chicken/gnocchi soup, and sometimes I'll just order a gallon of it to-go. Yes, 1 gallon, and it's mostly just for him.
I do like that OG is one of the best options for when we go out as a family. There's something for eveyrone. It's also very convenient for meeting the in-laws.
Last Disney trip. DS and I had a free day, asked where he wanted to go....there's a convenient OG near BWV if anyone needs one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter