slo’s THURSDAY 5/11 poll - Pistachios

Pistachios - Do you like them with or without the shell?

• I like them with the shell only

Votes: 15 14.9%
  • I like them without the shell only

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • I like them equally both ways

Votes: 41 40.6%
  • I like them 75% of the time with shell and 25% of the time without the shell

Votes: 10 9.9%
  • I like them 25% of the time with shell and 75% of the time without the shell

Votes: 10 9.9%
  • I don’t like pistachios

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • I’ve never tried pistachios - I should try

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I’ve never tried pistachios - I have no desire to try

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I can’t eat pistachios

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 3 3.0%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
Do you enjoy eating Pistachios?
If yes…..do you like them with or without shells?

For Me….,Due to my UC, nuts are something I can’t eat.
Back in the good ol days, when I could eat nuts, I did enjoy eating Pistachios with shells - there was something very satisfying with taking them out of the shell. My DH eats them regularly and he likes them with or without the shell. He also likes flavored ones.

DDC8C335-25EB-4D4C-86B7-2E1C908B4648.jpeg

DH is a nut fan and pistachios are one of his favorites. I usually buy them with the shells, as they are cheaper- and he can't eat them as quickly, hahaha, so they last longer! When I was first in college, a friend and I would get together on Thursday nights as our boyfriends both worked that night. We'd watch old movies and eat pistachios. However, that was back in the day when pistachios were dyed red; we'd both end up with bright red thumbs from shelling pistachios all evening! Sure glad they are just left in their natural state now!

I like them both ways, but usually buy them without the shell for convenience. We go for the lower salt ones.

I have heard of them...I have even seen pistachio pudding, but I don't think I have ever actually tried one before.

I like pistachios but I never buy them. We usually have peanuts and almonds in the house.

In my teens, one of my girlfriends loved pistachios and swore there was a difference in flavor in the red dyed ones and would only buy that kind. 😀. Her hands would turn red because she ate so many.

The ones in the shell stay fresher longer. Only buy the unshelled type when using in baking since they are easier to work with.

I haven’t had them in a while, but I do like them. When I was deployed to the Middle East, we often had grocery bags full (with shells) and ate them quite regularly.
The pistachios from the Middle East were the best ones. Unfortunately, they are impossible to find around here.

We buy pistachios in the shell all the time. I have a recipe for pistachio and white chocolate chip cookies that is delicious. :)

Are they even available dyed red anymore? I haven’t seen them that way for maybe 20 years.

I don’t buy pistachios, but if someone serves them I’ll eat them.

I don’t eat them unless they are baked into something - I like them - I just don’t sit around snacking on nuts - cookies yes - I buy nuts to bake with - not to munch on - nothing against munching on nuts just not something I do

I like them a lot and usually buy them in the shells. I also love pistachio ice cream, especially with the nuts.

Are they even available dyed red anymore? I haven’t seen them that way for maybe 20 years.
I remember the red ones from when I was a kid. They used to be imported from Iran. The majority sold in the US now come from California, and because the newer harvesting process keeps the shells clean, no need to dye.

I like them a lot! Mostly I will prefer no shells to save my fingernails.
You only have to open the first one with your fingers, then you can use a shell to pry open the others with a twist.

I don't eat them, I don't like the texture of most nuts.
I do like pistachio ice cream as long as it doesn't have any actual nut pieces in it.

DH is a nut fan and pistachios are one of his favorites. I usually buy them with the shells, as they are cheaper- and he can't eat them as quickly, hahaha, so they last longer! When I was first in college, a friend and I would get together on Thursday nights as our boyfriends both worked that night. We'd watch old movies and eat pistachios. However, that was back in the day when pistachios were dyed red; we'd both end up with bright red thumbs from shelling pistachios all evening! Sure glad they are just left in their natural state now!
Yes, I also buy in shells. Slows down the eating.

About 60 years ago ,my grandfather was visiting us. Back in those days, you had a pack of neighborhood kids who hung out together. My grandfather bought all us little bags of pistachios from the neighborhood candy store. You’d think we all were kings wilth our own 2 oz bags. Of course kings with red fingers.

A big memory to me. Those were the days you shared everything.

I like them. No shells.
Usually mixed in with other nuts. We use nuts for snacks quite often, especially when traveling.

Love pistachios. For some reason we always get a big bag around Christmas time. My Dad always liked to get nuts in the shell around Christmas and crack/eat them while we watched Christmas shows. I guess that's my version of that tradition.

I don’t eat them unless they are baked into something - I like them - I just don’t sit around snacking on nuts - cookies yes - I buy nuts to bake with - not to munch on - nothing against munching on nuts just not something I do
This. I never snack on nuts - only ever buy them for recipe, and never in the shell.

I like pistachios but I never buy them. We usually have peanuts and almonds in the house.

In my teens, one of my girlfriends loved pistachios and swore there was a difference in flavor in the red dyed ones and would only buy that kind. 😀. Her hands would turn red because she ate so many.

I LOVE pistachios! As a kid, my dad would let me choose something at the grocery checkout and I'd always pick the small bag of red pistachios and end up with red hands, was such a treat!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter