• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

slo’s SATURDAY 4/2 poll - Scented Candles

Scented Candles - Do you burn them? (Multiple choice)

• Yes - I burn them all the time

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • Yes - I burn them sometimes

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • Yes - I burn them when I have guests

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Yes - I burn them rarely

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • No - I don’t burn them - why?

Votes: 17 20.0%
  • I have 1-3 different scents

Votes: 18 21.2%
  • I have 4-6 different scents

Votes: 7 8.2%
  • I have 7 or more different scents

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • I’ve never burned or owned a scented candle

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters
No scented anything in our house, it makes me sneeze.

No candles, EVER, fire hazard.

I love my cocoa and vanilla bean scented candles from bath and body works. But... I have two cats. I only burn the candles when I can keep an eye on the candles and the cats!! *sigh* no more Smilies to insert.

Yes, I like BBW 3 wicks and have several different scents. Coconut, cinnamon/vanilla, and apple pie type bakery scents are my favorites.

I keep it on the kitchen island, open concept, and only when I'm around.

I use my scentsy wax warmer instead. I don’t like lighting matches.

Last edited:
I only burn candles when the power is out. I buy whatever is cheaper, so sometimes it’s non-scented and sometimes it’s scented.

I'll burn them occasionally, when the house starts smelling too "closed in." It's an old house and sometimes I just want to get rid of that "old house smell."

I've burned candles in the past and also used one of those warmer things. I got into them when we had candle exchanges here on the dis many years ago. I have not in many years now though. Except, I did buy one Magic Candle Company Wilderness scented one a couple months bac. Smelled like Wilderness Lodge, nice smell. All burned out now. Probably will be more years before another.

I make them! I have dozens of scents and I mix my own combos. Some day, I want to be good enough to sell them, but for now, it's just a hobby and for gifts because I'm not very good and they come out wonky.

I do. Most often in the fall/winter. I have several yankee candle scents that I love—vanilla lime, mistletoe, autumn leaves, cherries on snow and there was a new one I liked in the last couple of years at Christmas—might be sparkling pine? I also like laundry scents—clean Cotten, fresh linen—not sure what the yankee candle variety of that one is called.

I often get them as gifts. My sisters like ones that smell like baked goods—I don’t dislike them, but I avoid them because they make me want to eat. Not crazy about anything apple scented though.

No scented anything in our house, it makes me sneeze.

No candles, EVER, fire hazard.
Not even birthday candles? That would seem just a little overly-cautious.
Thanks, Dan. I've tried reasoning with them, but since one of the smokers is the owner of the house I don't have much say.
I'm curious - why don't they just step outside to smoke? I'm a smoker myself and know several people who smoke - nobody but nobody still smokes inside their houses. It's been 20 years or more since it was common here.

Not even birthday candles? That would seem just a little overly-cautious.

I'm curious - why don't they just step outside to smoke? I'm a smoker myself and know several people who smoke - nobody but nobody still smokes inside their houses. It's been 20 years or more since it was common here.
Not in many years. My wife and I covered far too many fatal fires caused by candles.

Not in many years. My wife and I covered far too many fatal fires caused by candles.
OK, but sincerely - how big a risk is having candles on a cake with a bunch of responsible adults standing right there for the duration of the few seconds they are actually lit? I'm honestly not trying to give you a hard time, just trying to understand the thinking. You probably covered more car accidents than birthday cake candle fatalities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter