Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Late Evening - 10:01pm - Midnight

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of the above - I don’t fly

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 5 5.0%

• Total voters
Depends on the airport. I can do early morning if it is LGB because it takes us about 30 minutes from home to the check-in counter including parking the car. LAX is another story - I prefer late morning there as it's just a nightmare tht I prefer to do fully awake. Lately we have not had a choice - Jet Blue stopped flying out of LGB (BOOO!) and they only fly one non-stop out fo LAX to Orlando daily. Everything else usually connects through New York and that adds several hours to the travel time.

A red-eye with a connection is it's own form of hell - I'd almost rather walk.

When traveling, Disney or otherwise, I tend to like to squeeze in as much as I can. That means early flight to start and later flight when heading home!! Although I am getting order and it's not as easy as when I was in my 20's lol
When flying to Orlando, I usually get a 6 AM flight, and a 7 PM flight home (both non-stops).

Just had bad experiences flying, one trip was delayed in the mid-morning, and another at night, so it can happen any time. Both the delays were on the 2nd leg of a connecting flight.

We have started flying in later afternoon/early evening the night before our vacation starts. We get a full first day and we aren’t exhausted from getting up at 3 am. If we fly in late we stay at the Hyatt at the airport and if we get in early at the Swan.

I answered 9-11:59 because the two ppl I travel with….DH or adult daughter…. don’t want any earlier flights. I’m thrilled they each go often with me so I defer to their choice.

Wish I COULD leave early because less chance of flight delays whether mechanical or weather related.

When going to Disney: very early morning there, late evening coming back for maximum vacation time.

For anywhere else: later morning to get there, early afternoon coming back.

The only exception to this is international flights, red eye all the way!

We prefer Early Morning , especially if we are flying from Philadelphia to the West Coast. Later morning is OK if staying on the East Coast. We also prefer direct & would rather spend a little more than deal with changing planes.
Also closest airport to the destination.

Going on vacation, I prefer a flight that leaves in the early afternoon, depending on the connecting flight arrival time. Our "home" airport** is about a 2 hour drive from here, so that means leaving home 4 hours before flight time, or staying in a hotel the night before the flight. If the connecting flight lands by 9pm, we'll go directly to our vacation hotel; if it's later than that, we'll stay in an airport hotel, using the shuttle and picking up the rental car the next morning.

Coming back from vacation, I like a later flight. It's a two hour drive home AND I take motion sickness pills to fly. I do all the driving so I really don't like to drive home after we return. I'd rather take a later flight and stay in an airport-area hotel when we get back from vacation, then drive home the next morning.

**We could fly from Bangor but costs are prohibitive and we have tons of SW miles, so we usually fly from Portland.

I went with mid evening. I like to finish work and head for the airport. Day 1 of my vacation I wake up right where I need to be.
This is what I do as well. It doesn't feel like vacation until I wake up there, so why waste that whole first morning/half a day on travel?

This is what I do as well. It doesn't feel like vacation until I wake up there, so why waste that whole first morning/half a day on travel?
I spend the whole day antsy if my flight is later in the day. I go into ADHD waiting mode and just watch the clock all day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter