slo’s MONDAY 4/15 poll - Oceans 🌊

The Oceans - Which ones have you seen & what’s your opinion of them? (m.c.)

• The Atlantic Ocean

Votes: 114 97.4%
  • The Pacific Ocean

Votes: 98 83.8%
  • The Arctic Ocean

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • The Indian Ocean

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • The Southern (Antarctic) Ocean (the newest named ocean)

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • I love or like the ocean

Votes: 90 76.9%
  • I’m indifferent about the ocean

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • I’m not a fan of the ocean

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • I’ve never seen any oceans

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 3 2.6%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
Let’s talk Oceans today.
Some people love them and some people don’t.
How about you???

What is your opinion about oceans?
Which oceans have you seen?
(m.c.)

For Me…..I always enjoy seeing large bodies of water - there’s something very relaxing about it for me. I like oceans, and don’t love oceans, because I’m not a fan of being in salt water. I do want to learn how to scuba dive, and if I do that, I’ll probably change from like to love. The oceans I’ve seen are The Atlantic and The Pacific.

IMG_1648.jpeg

I love love love the Ocean. It is vast, beautiful, magnificent, mysterious, wild, and ever changing. I love being outdoors and one of my favorite things to do in the world is to walk along a beach and stare at the ocean and just “look”. I don’t even contemplate life. I literally become mesmerized by the sound of the waves and the smell of the salt. I am the type of person who has a very hard time shutting things off in my brain and the ocean is one of the few places I can do that.

It truly is one of my happy places.😊

I am lucky that I live near the Atlantic. I have also seen the Pacific and spent time along the Mediterranean. They are all amazing.

Atlantic the most yeah y’all know me I love the water love the beach even if it is a rocky beaches of the Atlantic ocean !! can’t get on it big old cruise ship without having an ocean!! I think the oceans are beautiful love them all !! Even when they’re having 9 foot waves I still love them!!

I've only ever been to the beach on the East Coast of the US, so all my experience is with the Atlantic Ocean or the Gulf of Mexico.

I do love the beach and we go every summer.

Just Atlantic and Pacific. I grew up about 30 mts from the beach (Atlantic side). I love beaches but the thought of deep ocean water scares me. As of now I think I’d be too afraid to cruise but would like to someday.

I’m not a fan of oceans. I don’t like salt, sand or waves. I’ve always said if they paved the beaches, got rid of the salt, sand and waves I’d love the beach. I prefer fresh water.

I’ve seen the Atlantic Ocean and briefly, the Pacific Ocean on a cruise that traveled through the Panama Canal. I find it very peaceful and calming to view such a vast body of water.

Atlantic, Pacific and the Mediterranean Sea. No contest - the prettiest, Windex-blue water and softest white sand is the Atlantic, around several of the Caribbean islands. But if you want to feel small, and get a perspective on your own place in the universe, spend some time watching the sheer power of the waves crashing along the rugged sections of the Pacific coast. :eek:

I’ve swam in the Atlantic and Pacific oceans and flown over the Indian Ocean. I grew up in a small town in MA and lived less than a half mile from the beach. In the summers I lived at that beach and others in the town. I love the ocean and still get to the beach a few times a summer even though we have a pool. To me nothing beats floating in the ocean on a hot summer day!!

Atlantic and Pacific so far. Adding the Indian in June when we're going to be in Mozambique.

The Pacific would be my favorite, but just because of Maui, my happy place. :)

CA gal here. Pacific Ocean. Beaches have brought me such peace and stronger faith over my life. I was born in NY. We moved out here to CA when I was not even 1. Technically I have also seen the Atlantic Ocean or over flight anyway :)

I've been in the Atlantic ocean a few times as a kid. But I really don't like sand or swimming. If I had a nice view from a resort, yes, watching the waves are nice.

Have seen both Pacific & Atlantic Oceans. Apparently beaches are a big draw for those in the area. Guess I'm not a beach person and seems you can only stare at the waves for so long or read so many books at the beach, but does draw a lot of people. Relatives own a beach place and we visit once a year or so. Not nearly into it as so many others seem to be.

I've been to various points on the Atlantic and Pacific. I leaned more into "other" when it came to feelings.

I'm not a beach person, but I do enjoy being in the water or on a boat/ship on the water...in most cases. We went on a cruise in 2022 and I remember being so thankful when we shifted into the Caribbean Sea because the Atlantic was so rough. There were also plenty of times growing up and going out on the boat where my sea legs just weren't strong enough for what the ocean had in store.

Still, there is something calming about looking out on the water and there's something freeing in my mind to being in a non-landlocked state. Ages 1-4 was the only time in my life where I wasn't 90 minutes or less from the ocean/ocean access waters...although, I was in a Great Lakes state during those years. Granted, I currently live in a massive state and I know things feel a lot more landlocked in places like Amarillo and Lubbock. What's funny, I'm good with it (in most cases) if I'm in the mountains. We've encountered a few sketchy little towns, but for the most part, the mountains feel just as freeing as the ocean.

I said Atlantic and Pacific although the Pacific was very brief and I don’t think I swam in it, but was just in a boat. I’ve spent a lot of time in the Atlantic and in the Gulf of Mexico. I like being on/in/near the water, but am a bit frightened of it as well. I feel very intimidated by very deep water so while I will swim and cruise, I don’t feel totally relaxed.

I'm a beach person, so is DH, so we love the ocean (or the Gulf of Mexico too).

Anyway, we've been to the Atlantic and Pacific many times. We're from Maryland, so we live less than 150 miles from the beach and visit several times a year. We'll be seeing the Atlantic for sure in July for a visit to Chincoteague, VA. If schedules allow, we sometimes do day trips to Ocean City, MD in the summer. I really enjoy watching the dolphins, working on the my sunburn, etc.

We'll be seeing the Pacific again next summer. We're planning a trip to Hawaii, probably a week in Oahu and a week on the Big Island. Love love love, the ocean there. The water is so warm and clear. Great for tubing.

Spending time on the (Pacific) coast is my happy place. I never get into the water but will sit watching and listening to the wave. I just wish it wasn’t a 75-90 minute drive to my local spots.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter