slo’s FRIDAY 4/14 poll - Going to the Zoo

Going to the Zoo - When was your last visit?

• This year - 2023

Votes: 14 16.9%
  • December - July 2022

Votes: 12 14.5%
  • June - January 2022

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • December - July 2021

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • June - January 2021

Votes: 2 2.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • 2018 or before

Votes: 39 47.0%
  • I’ve never been to a zoo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
When was the last time you went to a zoo?

For Me…..It was before COVID, but I don’t remember exactly when. We have 2 very nice zoos close to us - Lincoln Park Zoo (downtown Chicago) and Brookfield Zoo (Brookfield, IL) - I’d take the girls to both regularly when they were younger. As they got older, they became less interested and wanted to do other things instead of going to the zoo. We were at AK in November of 2021, but I don’t consider that a zoo, even though people do go there to see animals.

The inspiration for this poll is my DH and I are watching The Secrets of the Zoo on Disney+ and we are really enjoying this series. The show is about The Columbus Zoo, (Columbus, Ohio), and now we want to go visit this zoo - it looks so nice. If you like watching shows about animals, and have Disney+, then I highly recommend this show along with Magic of Disney’s Animal Kingdom (excellent series too). There are other zoo shows on Disney+, but I haven’t watched them yet.
6BB8C5AA-1C2B-45E9-AB81-0F539C4D6177.png

I haven't been to a zoo in many years. I would like to do that. I have mentioned it to DH before and he is like "oh I got enough of that when the kids were young". I may just go by myself.

last year.....maybe Oct.
I buy DD an annual pass. It lets her take another adult and up to 4 kids. I go as the extra adult sometimes.

I'm not a huge fan of zoos, but last June we were in San Diego and DH really wanted to go, so we went. It was nice!

I went in October of 2022 with my sister and her little girls to a Halloween event at the zoo. Prior to that, it had been years and years since I had been there.

Local zoo - our last visit was late 2021/early 2022.

Does SeaWorld count? If so, mid-2022.

We went to the National Zoo in 2018, the Alaska Zoo in Anchorage in 2019, and we’re planning to visit the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo in Colorado Springs this summer.

We had a warm day in February and my DH suggested we go to the Roger Williams zoo in RI. It was fantastic. We even got some time talking to the elephant trainer. It was like our own personal Walk with the Elephants for free.

I last went to the Philadelphia Zoo (America's first 'Zoological Garden') sometime in the Summer of 2022. They were doing a dinosaur exhibit with animatronic full-size dinos, so we took my little cousin, who is dinosaur mad, to see it and then we toured the grounds. I love gorrillas, so I spent a lot of time at their habitat watching them.

I'm pretty sure it was in December 2021 when our local zoo had their Christmas lights festival. We enjoy going to the zoo, but just don't make it that often. I will be going to our local zoo again next Friday for work for an Earth Day festival they are having there.

Columbus Zoo is amazing! So is Cincinnati. We are members of the Akron Zoo and get 1/2 priced admission to most zoos so it's something we do several times a year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter